Venom 450 Hybrid K04 S3 8P

dhiren

Reaction score
Evening all.

So I've done some googling and the obligatory forum search but most of the results are in the S3 8Y forums which don't apply to me.

I've got the S3 booked in at Rtech for stage 2+ and DSG map in March however I've been considering just going for a proper hybrid option, Rtech's website says they do the TTE420, however when speaking to Ben he spoke about the Venom 450 hybrid K04 as a product they offer.

I want to hear from people with an 8P who have had this turbo fitted, I have a rough price from Rtech considering the stage my car currently is and I'm wanting to know is it worth it over a proper custom stage 2+ remap? What is spool like? How is it to live with as a daily driver as I have no plans on tracking the car. Has it been reliable? Also what your setup is and what figures you attained?

I don't plan on going for forged internals etc, current setup is decat downpipe with quad exhaust (yes on an 8P), ramair intake, and pro alloy intercooler and I've obviously had all the preventative maintenance listed on this forum done/checked (was a really expensive invoice!)

Advice from stage 3 folks welcomed!

Cheers

Reactions: e9_mustii
Evening all.

So I've done some googling and the obligatory forum search but most of the results are in the S3 8Y forums which don't apply to me.

I've got the S3 booked in at Rtech for stage 2+ and DSG map in March however I've been considering just going for a proper hybrid option, Rtech's website says they do the TTE420, however when speaking to Ben he spoke about the Venom 450 hybrid K04 as a product they offer.

I want to hear from people with an 8P who have had this turbo fitted, I have a rough price from Rtech considering the stage my car currently is and I'm wanting to know is it worth it over a proper custom stage 2+ remap? What is spool like? How is it to live with as a daily driver as I have no plans on tracking the car. Has it been reliable? Also what your setup is and what figures you attained?

I don't plan on going for forged internals etc, current setup is decat downpipe with quad exhaust (yes on an 8P), ramair intake, and pro alloy intercooler and I've obviously had all the preventative maintenance listed on this forum done/checked (was a really expensive invoice!)

Advice from stage 3 folks welcomed!

Cheers
What was the price r tech quoted you if you dont mind me asking as im due in there for s2+ on jan 25th

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

What was the price r tech quoted you if you dont mind me asking as im due in there for s2+ on jan 25th

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
Roughly £3500, Roughly! I stopped listening once I heard the 3.. I also had this conversation well over a month ago.. I don't fully remember but for that price I'd expect fitting and mapping..

I'm going TTE420, looked at the Venom hybrid turbos which do look great but again was more expensive and like yourself don't want to push it too much as I don't want the expense of forged internals.

I would ask the same question on TFSI tuning Facebook. Much more experience with this turbo. It is probably the unit I would use if I go up from stage 2+. Ball bearing rather than a sleeve bearing.
I would want to know the spooling characteristics. I would want low down torque, not just above 4K revs. Anything to avoid the surge between 3-4K revs on the standard K04.
Big jump in price though as you will need an uprated lpfp as well.