Newbie Questions!

JimboRoad

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wonder if you can help, I have recently bought at 57 plate 2.0L tdi 8P. Runs like a dream, but is a little dated and want to upgrade it, I have a couple of basic questions…

1. Mine currently has 17 inch alloys, will the RS4 18 inch alloys (same style as my A6 Le Mans) fit straight on without any adjustments?

2. Would a facelift bumper from a 2009-2011 model just bolt on, again without any adjustment?

thanks in advance for any help!

thanks

James

Hi all,

I wonder if you can help, I have recently bought at 57 plate 2.0L tdi 8P. Runs like a dream, but is a little dated and want to upgrade it, I have a couple of basic questions…

1. Mine currently has 17 inch alloys, will the RS4 18 inch alloys (same style as my A6 Le Mans) fit straight on without any adjustments?

2. Would a facelift bumper from a 2009-2011 model just bolt on, again without any adjustment?

thanks in advance for any help!

thanks

James

Hey bud welcome firstly about the wheels they did do a set of those for the A3 I’ve got a set in the garage waiting for a refurb I’ll try and grab the part number off one next time I go out there.

Secondly about the bumper I know that I had to change the wings etc but mine is a 2004. Do you have the indicators in the wings or wing mirrors? If there in the wings then in order to get that bumper to fit you’d need:

Bonnet,
Bumper & grill,
Intermediate fitting piece between bumper and carrier,
Fog light grills.,
Crash bar,
Radiator carrier,
Headlights,
Wings,
Wing mirrors,
Lots of bolts and brackets and…. Paint

I think that’s is but looking at all that I can’t believe I did all that haha. As I said mines a 2004 (8P1) to yours (8P2) and then finally to 2009-2012 (8P3)

If you want more info try searching on here for 8p1 to 8p3 conversion I think there’s pages and pages of it on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NHN and JimboRoad
Thanks! That is a lot of changes for the bumper.. I'm not sure I have the expertise to make that happen..!

with regards to the wheels, if I get them on eBay off another A3 8P they will fit? Regardless of age?

thanks for your help!

I do lol.

You could look out for ofset of 44 to 54, pcd 5x112, hub 57.1, 8 wide & 18inch.

As long as its those specifics, any wheels will fit tbh, even of newer audis, just have to match numbers above to fit the best.

Hub size can be adapted via spigot rings, but always nice to get as a straight fit.

Reactions: JimboRoad
I do lol.

You could look out for ofset of 44 to 54, pcd 5x112, hub 57.1, 8 wide & 18inch.

As long as its those specifics, any wheels will fit tbh, even of newer audis, just have to match numbers above to fit the best.

Hub size can be adapted via spigot rings, but always nice to get as a straight fit.
Thank you!!

Some older A4 rims will fit S3 8p but as @NHN says use his dimensions

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: JimboRoad and NHN
B6,7 rims are iirc 43 ofset & tbh sit much better in the arches than stock 8P, 8P is 54 iirc, they sit a bit too far in.

Reactions: JimboRoad