s3 headlight bulb upgrade

nick-barnes07

Reaction score
Just wondering if u can do this , i wanna get some different bulbs in my s3 , as the standard xenon ones are ***** , i want to get 8000k or something like that , i used to have 8000k in my old leon cupra r , i know 6000k is the legal limit , i dont want to get read of the xenon kit that comes standard with the s3 , can you get these bulbs , and where from if so , thanks ,

Upgrade colour temps are available from hids4u, I bought some standard replacements for mine with no problems a few months ago. I replaced mine as they were too blue, worth remembering that as the k value increases, the light output decreases. The OEM 4300k bulbs have the highest light output.

hth

so these will fit into the standard s3 xenons , without changing the xenon unit itself , which ones do i buy in there shop

Why exactly are you changing the bulbs? OEM xenon lighting is very desirable and offers the best light output (in lumens). If by '*****' you mean too white and inconspicuous, then I wouldn't recommend going past 6000k. Any further than that and you're losing a lot of light in favour of looks.

The bulb you require will be D2S I think. Double check before buying though; http://www.hids4u.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=5

they are not very bright , I was going down the motorway the other night and i couldnt really see much , in my old leon the bulbs used to light the whole road up , were fine on low beam , but when on high beam they were a bit to bright