What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

Haha, thanks mate, and yes, so it begins. Will gradually do whole car, but am nervous tbh....ok, I am sh*tting myself

You will be great at this @q5man .. I was pooping myself when I first tried this last year, polished it 4 times since then and don't think anything about it now going in and testing different polishes and pads.

The results are amazing and the satisfaction it gives that you did it all yourself is very rewarding. And cheaper..lol

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
You will be great at this @q5man .. I was pooping myself when I first tried this last year, polished it 4 times since then and don't think anything about it now going in and testing different polishes and pads.

The results are amazing and the satisfaction it gives that you did it all yourself is very rewarding. And cheaper..lol

Thanks mate, you certainly have yours looking spot on

Reactions: A4A4
Got to say Nev I followed Jassy's advice with the FL and the clay . Worked a treat

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

See, this FL is great stuff innit

Reactions: Scotty75
It's got its uses despite what @Bristlehound says

Reactions: Bristle Hound and NevMan
Cleaned the interior with sonax cockpit cleaner and leather care cream.

IMG 20190502 203436

Reactions: RossN14, josul, Kayobong and 6 others
Ok, not today, but this weekend....

Decon, clay, single stage polish of Q5 bonnet and wings. Will probably wash on Saturday PM and decon and clay. Then quick wash of bonnet and wings early on Sunday to be followed by correction, and Then applying some Gyeon Q2 Pure:

6b8cb52f96aeb0864836801dc7401e18.jpg

Interestingly in the instructions, they mention using dishwashing liquid

1b965ccbe89f629677ff76b5a2d7b0b7.jpg

822efbbc002cf0e48413647850e50930.jpg

I will post a step by step and write up. My 1st foray into single stage correction, with many very good instructions from @jassyo06

Flex XFE-15 to be used, along with CG Hex logic green pads and Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish.

To be continued.......

Looking forward to the finished product mate.

Reactions: NevMan and A4A4

Hmm, he bangs on about don’t knock it till you try it (Jassyo06 and BSD), but won’t try this....poor show Col.

I was dubious I must admit, and not a wash/product I would use a lot, but as a decon....wow, seriously good shine (with nothing I’m apart from original MP coating, and that is questionable)

a7a165731cd542077d943f5c9c75d769.jpg

Reactions: Kayobong and Scotty75
@Scotty75 - Yup.What is manufactured for. Washing the dishes ! lol
Hmm, he bangs on about don’t knock it till you try it (Jassyo06 and BSD), but won’t try this....poor show Col.

I was dubious I must admit, and not a wash/product I would use a lot, but as a decon....wow, seriously good shine (with nothing I’m apart from original MP coating, and that is questionable)

a7a165731cd542077d943f5c9c75d769.jpg
@q5man - I've got my decon shampoo Nev, G3 Detox Shampoo
In my pre detailing days I probably used more FL to wash my cars than the wife used washing the dishes lol So in answer to your 'poor show' I have used it, a lot, unlike a certain person who, for some strange reason won't give BSD a go ...

Washed SWMBO Captur this afternoon

Couple of reflection shots after a 'mix' was applied

hlb8lUIl.jpg

YQTfhpbl.jpg

No Fairy Liquid was harmed in cleaning this car :p

Reactions: RossN14, josul, A4A4 and 4 others
Looking fab Col , top job

Reactions: Bristle Hound
@Scotty75 - Yup.What is manufactured for. Washing the dishes ! lol

@q5man - I've got my decon shampoo Nev
In my pre detailing days I probably used more FL to wash my cars than the wife used washing the dishes lol So in answer to your 'poor show' I have used it, a lot, unlike a certain person who, for some strange reason won't give BSD a go ...
PMSL

It's like fishing around here ......... Throw out your bait and wait for the fish to come a biting

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn, NevMan, V6_Man and 1 other person
Centre caps getting the treatment . Treated with Krystal Kleen Brake Away. Then a good clean with fairy liquid ( strikes again ).

Bit of a pain to get spotless but done and about to give them an IPA clean . Then it'll be onto the Gtechniq C5.....

Had to get my fix somehow
7c1777121cba2921b4684eaf91993dd9.jpg

Reactions: Pinky1959, A4A4, Audi Bairn and 3 others
Centre caps getting the treatment . Treated with Krystal Kleen Brake Away. Then a good clean with fairy liquid ( strikes again ).

Bit of a pain to get spotless but done and about to give them an IPA clean . Then it'll be onto the Gtechniq C5.....

I was just gonna buy a new set off ebay for £20, mine seem pretty filthy and I'm not convinced I'd be able to get them looking factory without a good deal of effort. Only annoying thing is that I can't really tell which ones are OEM and which are Chinese knock offs.

I was just gonna buy a new set off ebay for £20, mine seem pretty filthy and I'm not convinced I'd be able to get them looking factory without a good deal of effort. Only annoying thing is that I can't really tell which ones are OEM and which are Chinese knock offs.
Use products similar to the ones I did mate . Little trick , gentle scrub with the missus wire wool scouring pad out of the kitchen. You've got nothing to lose . I wouldn't trust the flea bay centre caps

Reactions: Kayobong
Use products similar to the ones I did mate . Little trick , gentle scrub with the missus wire wool scouring pad out of the kitchen. You've got nothing to lose . I wouldn't trust the flea bay centre caps

Bought myself some wire wool for the exhausts the other day, I'll give it a go, cheers.

That fairy is good stuff

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audi Bairn and Scotty75
Washed SWMBO Captur this afternoon

Couple of reflection shots after a 'mix' was applied

hlb8lUIl.jpg

YQTfhpbl.jpg

No Fairy Liquid was harmed in cleaning this car :p
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Still think Fairy would’ve been better though, but looking good :thumbs up:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, NevMan and Scotty75
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Still think Fairy would’ve been better though, but looking good :thumbs up:
@Bristlehound

See Col........ It's not just me Nev and James . AudiBairn thinks Fairy is good too

Reactions: Bristle Hound, NevMan and Audi Bairn
@Kayobong

Here's the finished article . Treated with Gtechniq C5. Let them cure till tomorrow afternoon and then onto the wheels .
e60862b714c3bb45d95c36d3c0d604d2.jpg

Reactions: Kayobong and NevMan
@Kayobong

Here's the finished article . Treated with Gtechniq C5. Let them cure till tomorrow afternoon and then onto the wheels .

Love it mate, you are SO all over this detailing lark

Reactions: Scotty75
@Bristlehound

See Col........ It's not just me Nev and James . AudiBairn thinks Fairy is good too

Yeah, so there

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Scotty75
@Kayobong

They look brand new mate. Really nice work. I might try and do a before and after on mine.

They look brand new mate. Really nice work. I might try and do a before and after on mine.
You definitely should . Mine were pretty dirty beforehand mate . Bit of effort and BOSH

Reactions: Kayobong
That's the beauty with detailing (or so I've found) whatever you do, a bit of hard work and you reap the rewards

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nice work @Scotty75 The Vyair and some other bits arrived today so hoping to get out tomorrow - will also be first go ever with snow foam!! What could possibly go wrong/ !! lol
Vyair etc

And yes, @jassyo06 I'm gonna play with the BSD again (only did two panels this week to try it !!)

Reactions: Pinky1959, SPIKE_, Bristle Hound and 3 others
Nice work @Scotty75 The Vyair and some other bits arrived today so hoping to get out tomorrow - will also be first go ever with snow foam!! What could possibly go wrong/ !! lol View attachment 181616
And yes, @jassyo06 I'm gonna play with the BSD again (only did two panels this week to try it !!)
Please tell me you're not using that karcher snow foam gun in the background of your picture?

Please tell me you're not using that karcher snow foam gun in the background of your picture?

Ermm, yes, why are they no good? Got it while on hols in France couple of weeks back.......:blush:

Ermm, yes, why are they no good? Got it while on hols in France couple of weeks back.......:blush:
I tried one and no offence might but was absolutely rubbish. Barely foamed at all! Better off spending a bit more and getting a branded one with metal fittings etc.
I tried one and just awful.

Just worried it could put you off when in theory a good one definitely helps!

I tried one and no offence might but was absolutely rubbish. Barely foamed at all! Better off spending a bit more and getting a branded one with metal fittings etc.
I tried one and just awful.

Just worried it could put you off when in theory a good one definitely helps!

Hmmm - well thanks for the warning - its all I've got so I'll give it a go and see what happens !!

Reactions: Adam14