Shell V-Power Racing 100ron

MaxBoostMRC

Reaction score
Does any one know why in the uk we don’t get shell v-power racing?
It’s 100 Ron minimum so could be more. And it was at every shell station I went to over Europe. Did not cost that much more as well.

If anyone can shed any light on this that would be great.

2EE54B01 FD2C 4085 BC6B 6DE023F50A32

Can't shed any light as to why. But Vpower unleaded is 99 RON so not a huge difference to the 100 there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: sve170
Can't shed any light as to why. But Vpower unleaded is 99 RON so not a huge difference to the 100 there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
But it says a minimum of 100 so could be more to be on the safe side.

V power in the uk is 99ron, and standard shell unleaded is 97ron. 100 vs 99 you wouldn’t know the difference unless your car is heavily tuned to make the most of the higher Ron. If you want more than 99ron then stick some octane booster in the tank.

V power in the uk is 99ron, and standard shell unleaded is 97ron. 100 vs 99 you wouldn’t know the difference unless your car is heavily tuned to make the most of the higher Ron. If you want more than 99ron then stick some octane booster in the tank.

Didn’t realise that standard shell is 97, just assumed it was 95.

Used to only use V power but almost 20p per litre more than Momentum now.

Reactions: 4K
Would just be nice to have the same as Europe. And then get a tune to suit.

Yes regular unleaded is 95 here, but looking at that photo both the regular and V Power is stated as 95.
I use V Power for its alleged cleaning properties not for any potential performance increase....plus I get 2 points per litre on my Shell Drivers Club card instead of 1. :innocent:

Reactions: mark351
Always thought standard shell was 97ron, although I’ve never used it in my s3. Only ever put in v power from day 1 and recently have started putting in some octane booster this summer hot weather to keep the car from pulling any timing when tuned.

Our UK vpower is 99 Ron though so perhaps there is no point in 1 Ron more. I use T99 and always have done since it started to be available.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4K, MikeParkin and TonkS3
I’ve ran V-power on all my “performance” cars and bikes really can’t knock it.

Reactions: sve170
I did fill up with Shell 100 when I was in Germany in the Summer. I can’t say I noticed any difference at all and it was very expensive. I drove thousands of miles to Austria and back. In the U.K. I use Shell V Power or Tesco 99 whichever is more convenient. Next time I’ll use 97 in Germany, it’s significantly cheaper than 100 and good enough for me.

Reactions: MikeParkin
Count yourselves lucky, in Northern Ireland we only get 97ron for some reason

We have been told that higher rated ron fuels "don't travel well" which is a bullshiz excuse as they have 98-100 ron fuel in Lanzarote ***

Didn’t realise that standard shell is 97, just assumed it was 95.

Used to only use V power but almost 20p per litre more than Momentum now.

V-Power is a much better fuel, swallow the cost and get back on the Shell stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MaxBoostMRC