How many metres of seat belt strip is needed for each seat ? (5 door)

Mate, you seriously have issues.
WTF has me changing my worn brakes for OEM brakes got to do with you changing OEM (certified) seatbelts for a fancy colour with absolutely no safety testing standards applied??

You have this crazy obsession with people buying chinese stuff, and you are the only person to mention it. Nobody here GAF because it's not relevant to this discussion.
Maybe you are younger an less mature and your priorities are different. Either way, do what you want. This has been said multiple times, so why keep coming back to insult and argue. Grow up.

Reactions: mitsiboyblue
Mate, you seriously have issues.
WTF has me changing my worn brakes for OEM brakes got to do with you changing OEM (certified) seatbelts for a fancy colour with absolutely no safety testing standards applied??

You have this crazy obsession with people buying chinese stuff, and you are the only person to mention it. Nobody here GAF because it's not relevant to this discussion.
Maybe you are younger an less mature and your priorities are different. Either way, do what you want. This has been said multiple times, so why keep coming back to insult and argue. Grow up.

''Maybe you are younger an less mature and your priorities are different. Either way, do what you want. This has been said multiple times, so why keep coming back to insult and argue. Grow up'' :D :D :D
What age has to do with it? I think your negativenes here caused all ? I think you need to get bit grov up .. I just want change freakin seat blelt and u bashed me here like .. Nobody insulted you don't be like girl crying u insulted ..OMG these ppl really Daveyonthemove, just u don't like changing seat belts simply don't respond .. I don't know why u responded in first place when u are negative ?
And then talking grow up ? You get life and learn not to be too paranoid .. jeesus christ like women some guys are here .. really :-/

Chinese manufactured parts in our homes? what has that got to do with anything we are talking about.
We are talking about a life saving system fitted in our cars.
Ive heard enough now...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

i think this topic has run its course, it was only advice on seatbelts, stripping them amd and the related safety issues and people can do what they want really.
Im not the only person on hear who feels the same.
You asked for information and opinions and you now have it.

Ever feel like you've been banging your head against a very dense brick wall??

Reactions: voorhees and mitsiboyblue
Ever feel like you've been banging your head against a very dense brick wall??
Yes Am banging head against the wall bcos I can't comprehend your negativenes .. but don't worry I know you doin it on purpose ..
And you @mitsiboyblue if you replacing seatbelts as u claiming, you could straight answer mine question and that would be it.. Seems you guys has nothing to do just talk loads of crap around it ..and not just simply answer ..

Some genuine questions.
Have you got a garage available who will remove your old seatbelts, strip out the current belts and fit the new ones and guarantee their work?
Have you also checked with your insurance that they are happy to insure this modification, and do they request any information on the quality and standard of the belts?

Not a negative post, genuinely interested.

Hello guys
Long time no here :)
I have now brig poteza S001 225/45/17
They are awesome .. Acceleration is perfect and top speed I managed is 135mp/h :D :tonguewink:

No u cannot predict surviving accident ..I don't even drive fast .. and not often...

.. Seems you guys has nothing to do just talk loads of **** around it ..and not just simply answer ..

Mate get the seat belts. Honestly, just get your seatbelts. These Chinese companies can’t afford their own crash test dummies.

Reactions: leshkin, RAF_S7, voorhees and 1 other person
@voorhees - would you put uncertified seatbelts in your car because the colour looks cool...
I think it might actually ending up with me banging my head against a brick wall (or any surface harder than my skull) oh the irony.
Seriously though if any member wishes to change any of their car parts then get it done by a qualified person and let your insurance know and they will require the relevant paperwork.

Reactions: samuelh_888 and Daveyonthemove
Yes Am banging head against the wall bcos I can't comprehend your negativenes .. but don't worry I know you doin it on purpose ..
And you @mitsiboyblue if you replacing seatbelts as u claiming, you could straight answer mine question and that would be it.. Seems you guys has nothing to do just talk loads of **** around it ..and not just simply answer ..
THINK ITS TIME FOR A MEDIATOR TO STEP IN!

Think its time for a mediator to step in.
Nobody needs to be swearing or be subjected to abusive behaviour.
You came on here and wanted advise.... many people have commented on the safety issues related and you dont like what you hearing. I agree yes they will cosmetically look nice for displaying purposes.
Nobody here is point scoring with you but there are genuine concerns which you seem to be ignoring. Maybe this is not intentional but from a professionals point of view its very important.
This will be my last on this particular subject.... by all means respond to this post but without being abusive.
Dave O

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Mate get the seat belts. Honestly, just get your seatbelts. These Chinese companies can’t afford their own crash test dummies.
Says hypocrite who copy-pasted who has S3 and yeah you never tested how fast is your car right? :D
Is it wrong to test new tyres for once ? grow up and don't tell me u got s3 to drive slow :D :D
Never had acident in my life .. worst drivers seem to be here in this country :D yet hence overeacted safety which nobody follows ..
Only talk,talk , yap yap yap ... Naive and pathetic...

I think it might actually ending up with me banging my head against a brick wall (or any surface harder than my skull) oh the irony.
Seriously though if any member wishes to change any of their car parts then get it done by a qualified person and let your insurance know and they will require the relevant paperwork.
I will I will :)

THINK ITS TIME FOR A MEDIATOR TO STEP IN!

Think its time for a mediator to step in.
Nobody needs to be swearing or be subjected to abusive behaviour.
You came on here and wanted advise.... many people have commented on the safety issues related and you dont like what you hearing. I agree yes they will cosmetically look nice for displaying purposes.
Nobody here is point scoring with you but there are genuine concerns which you seem to be ignoring. Maybe this is not intentional but from a professionals point of view its very important.
This will be my last on this particular subject.... by all means respond to this post but without being abusive.
Dave O

Man I said it b4 and I say it again nobody sveraring c-r-a-p isn't swear word many ppl using it daily everywhere .. I hear ..
I don't have abusive behaviour just straight answers .. like men when someone trying to be clever than me .. I never start argument
I came for to ask and I didn't want to hear other things related about bojcott china from many ppl here ..
Yes 95% do cosmetics, upgraded and tuning for their likes DAT'S WHY the forum is for .. or not ?
Many guys here changing, upgrading , replacing .. so..
@Daveyonthemove doesn't like china products so everybody prasing him .. I don't mine if the product is from china and I always inspect product before use

Some genuine questions.
Have you got a garage available who will remove your old seatbelts, strip out the current belts and fit the new ones and guarantee their work?
Have you also checked with your insurance that they are happy to insure this modification, and do they request any information on the quality and standard of the belts?

Not a negative post, genuinely interested.
NO I don't have garage I said it previously once I purchase them (if I purchase them) I will search on internet who does the seat belt replacements
I can even go to audi and ask about it ..

Says hypocrite who copy-pasted who has S3 and yeah you never tested how fast is your car right? :D
Is it wrong to test new tyres for once ? grow up and don't tell me u got s3 to drive slow :D :D
Never had acident in my life .. worst drivers seem to be here in this country :D yet hence overeacted safety which nobody follows ..
Only talk,talk , yap yap yap ... Naive and pathetic...

Sorry, I’m not sure where the hypocrisy is in my post. I have an S3, so-what?

The problem is Peto, you come here and ask for advise and then you attack everyone who offers advice or disagrees with your comments. Very little value is offered to the forum. Either accept the posts (take the good with the bad) or quietly leave. Either way, stop with the aggression.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove and KrisKrk
Man I said it b4 and I say it again nobody sveraring c-r-a-p isn't swear word many ppl using it daily everywhere .. I hear ..
I don't have abusive behaviour just straight answers .. like men when someone trying to be clever than me .. I never start argument
I came for to ask and I didn't want to hear other things related about bojcott china from many ppl here ..
Yes 95% do cosmetics, upgraded and tuning for their likes DAT'S WHY the forum is for .. or not ?
Many guys here changing, upgrading , replacing .. so..
@Daveyonthemove doesn't like china products so everybody prasing him .. I don't mine if the product is from china and I always inspect product before use

Seriously, have you bumped your head? I have already asked you to quote where I have mentioned chinese products, and you haven't because you can't.
YOU are the one saying it. ONLY YOU. I am fully aware of the fact many OEM products are made and imported from China, they are usually sold by dealers who are satisfied that they have met the legal requirements, and for that reason they have a higher price.
The inferior copies from ANYWHERE in the world are usually cheap and unfit for what they are advertised to do.

THAT is the whole reason people are TRYING to warn you. It is up to you if you use that advice, but as you seem to think everyone is against you for telling you what you don't want to hear, you have to resort to insults. And that is why I advise you again, to grow up.

NO I don't have garage I said it previously once I purchase them (if I purchase them) I will search on internet who does the seat belt replacements
I can even go to audi and ask about it ..

A Master Technician has already told you that they are not allowed to take seat belt mechanisms apart and replace parts or repair them, they have to dispose of them and fit them with unopened and certified equipment from a trusted source.
Any garage worth their salt is not going to do that for you, in fact I'd be amazed if anyone out there knows how as these items are simply replaced due to the nature of what they are and how they are expected to work
Why don't you take his expert advice instead of insulting him? And then you wonder why most people are criticising you for what you have written.

I also don't see how you can assume that an owner of an S3 is driving around breaking speed limits just because they own a car that can. Every single car on the road is capable of breaking the speed limit, it doesn't mean that they do!

As for being a 'good' driver, I doubt that very much. You claim that you drove at 135mph to test your tyres. What were you testing for? Surely cornering, braking and wet road daily driving would be enough, unless you were testing to see if they fall off at speed?
You also think that you don't need to worry about seatbelt quality because you have never been in accident. You are lucky, but for every single accident that takes place between two cars, 50% of them are not caused by one of the drivers. That means that no matter how good you think you are, it only takes someone bad to crash into you and test your cheap setbelts thoroughly.
Maturity and experience would tell you this, but the more I read your posts, the more I'm convinced that you are young and immature, and that makes you extremely dangerous when driving a car capable of those speeds.

If you really are mature and a 'real man' you'll simply STFU and realise that you are convincing nobody on here, and probably won't get much help with future posts as you resort to insults when you don't get the answers you want.

Reactions: mitsiboyblue
Sorry, I’m not sure where the hypocrisy is in my post. I have an S3, so-what?

The problem is Peto, you come here and ask for advise and then you attack everyone who offers advice or disagrees with your comments. Very little value is offered to the forum. Either accept the posts (take the good with the bad) or quietly leave. Either way, stop with the aggression.
I don't attack ... It is sense how they reply and I know how they reply .. I asked politely in first post .. and it wasn't me who was attacked..
First help .. ; ''What a question..... i have no idea.'' so UNPROFESIONAL !!! COME OON YOU know ..
I just feel hatred from those replies .. I can sense it and am not argessive just disapointed.. why would you bring my one post here from other thread ?
What for ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, have you bumped your head? I have already asked you to quote where I have mentioned chinese products, and you haven't because you can't.
YOU are the one saying it. ONLY YOU. I am fully aware of the fact many OEM products are made and imported from China, they are usually sold by dealers who are satisfied that they have met the legal requirements, and for that reason they have a higher price.
The inferior copies from ANYWHERE in the world are usually cheap and unfit for what they are advertised to do.

THAT is the whole reason people are TRYING to warn you. It is up to you if you use that advice, but as you seem to think everyone is against you for telling you what you don't want to hear, you have to resort to insults. And that is why I advise you again, to grow up.

A Master Technician has already told you that they are not allowed to take seat belt mechanisms apart and replace parts or repair them, they have to dispose of them and fit them with unopened and certified equipment from a trusted source.
Any garage worth their salt is not going to do that for you, in fact I'd be amazed if anyone out there knows how as these items are simply replaced due to the nature of what they are and how they are expected to work
Why don't you take his expert advice instead of insulting him? And then you wonder why most people are criticising you for what you have written.

I also don't see how you can assume that an owner of an S3 is driving around breaking speed limits just because they own a car that can. Every single car on the road is capable of breaking the speed limit, it doesn't mean that they do!

As for being a 'good' driver, I doubt that very much. You claim that you drove at 135mph to test your tyres. What were you testing for? Surely cornering, braking and wet road daily driving would be enough, unless you were testing to see if they fall off at speed?
You also think that you don't need to worry about seatbelt quality because you have never been in accident. You are lucky, but for every single accident that takes place between two cars, 50% of them are not caused by one of the drivers. That means that no matter how good you think you are, it only takes someone bad to crash into you and test your cheap setbelts thoroughly.
Maturity and experience would tell you this, but the more I read your posts, the more I'm convinced that you are young and immature, and that makes you extremely dangerous when driving a car capable of those speeds.

If you really are mature and a 'real man' you'll simply STFU and realise that you are convincing nobody on here, and probably won't get much help with future posts as you resort to insults when you don't get the answers you want.
You insulted me telling me STFU.. so u have no manners.. I didn't use nasty words just casual...

I don't attack ... It is sense how they reply and I know how they reply .. I asked politely in first post .. and it wasn't me who was attacked..
First help .. ; ''What a question..... i have no idea.'' so UNPROFESIONAL !!! COME OON YOU know ..
I just feel hatred from those replies .. I can sense it and am not argessive just disapointed.. why would you bring my one post here from other thread ?
What for ?

i didnt read the thread like that, might be a mistranslation.
what there is are genuine questions being raised about the safety aspect of critical component, which in and of itself is fair. you are taking offence to those questions, which appears slightly odd tbh.

not one post has provided definitive proof as to whether the aftermarket seatbelts are definitely safe, or unsafe, so its all opinion (some of it being touted as fact). its your decision as to whether you fit them, no need to take offence.

if you do fit them, itd be nice to see the finished result.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Here is Russian guy who bought it and provided even pictures!
****** ordinary standard belt using worldwide...
They even making them for airplanes ..
www.airlinebelt.com
EVERYTHIN is made in freakin china! they fooling world wiith ''OOOEEEM'' and naive ppl eating it..
even freakin iphone is done in china.. everything is from china bcos is cheap .. for greedy manufs...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180823-215930.jpg
    Screenshot_20180823-215930.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 268
  • Screenshot_20180823-220114.jpg
    Screenshot_20180823-220114.jpg
    829.3 KB · Views: 277
  • Screenshot_20180823-220108.jpg
    Screenshot_20180823-220108.jpg
    801.6 KB · Views: 262
i didnt read the thread like that, might be a mistranslation.
what there is are genuine questions being raised about the safety aspect of critical component, which in and of itself is fair. you are taking offence to those questions, which appears slightly odd tbh.

not one post has provided definitive proof as to whether the aftermarket seatbelts are definitely safe, or unsafe, so its all opinion (some of it being touted as fact). its your decision as to whether you fit them, no need to take offence.

if you do fit them, itd be nice to see the finished result.
am gonna order 20m just for fronts seats and will see what I can do .. This is only seller who has this black-red edged .. and they aren't cheap

Last edited by a moderator:
About us
Dongguan Easy Development Belt ManufactoryAbout us

Established in 1997, Dongguan Easy Development Belt Manufactory(DEDB) located in #0001 Qisha industrial area, Shatian Town, Dongguan City, China. Our company specializes in manufacturing various webbing finished product. Our main products are Airplane seat belts, Aircraft seat belt extender/extension, safety belt, Car seat blet, Airline fashion belt, Seat belt notebook, seatbelt keychain, seatbelt bracelet, seat belt bag, Lanyards, Dog collar & leash, Harness, as well as Webbing & binding tapes. Our products are suitable for travel bags & suitcases, autos, garments, pets and sports products and are used in medical appliance, loading & unloading and binding areas, higher standard collections.

Our company possesses advanced production equipment with total number of 100 sets, including computer jacquard ribbon looms, double needle warping machines, weaving looms, high speed narrow fabric needle looms, continuous fabric dyeing machines, hand yarn dyeing machines, Press machine, stamping machines, plastic injection machine, die casting machine, silk screen printing line and heat transfer printing line, Automatic Sewing machines. These machines ensure our customers' products can be processed timely. Our products are strictly made according to ISO9001 standard and are environmentally friendly.

Our UNIQUE Classic products enjoy a high reputation in domestic and international markets and have been widely used in many famous brands of aircraft industrial, car industrial, also fashion garments, bag & suitcases luggage industrial.

We provide one-stop service from design, weaving, dyeing, sewing and assembling. Our mission is to make high quality products with reasonable prices and excellence services for our customers. EM/ODM are also welcome. We sincerely welcome all customers from all around the world to visit and develop business with us base on mutual benefits.

Reminds me of this ...

What you see in this video is the mounts failing if you look at the actual belt it is fine stays in one piece doesn't stretch and comfortably snaps the dummy's neck.

The point is the actual seat belt strap has very little to do and I would have no problem trusting some strap from China.

The real question is how the hell do you find someone you trust to rebuild your seatbelts so the mechanism doesn't fall apart in the event of a crash?!?!?

Reactions: Peto Pedro
What you see in this video is the mounts failing if you look at the actual belt it is fine stays in one piece doesn't stretch and comfortably snaps the dummy's neck.

The point is the actual seat belt strap has very little to do and I would have no problem trusting some strap from China.

The real question is how the hell do you find someone you trust to rebuild your seatbelts so the mechanism doesn't fall apart in the event of a crash?!?!?
Exactly I wanted to mention this but I wasn't bothered anymore..

Pedro you sound like a totally Wally, changing belts isn’t going to get chicks moist!

Reactions: SootySport

The mounts come as part of the seatbelt / harness = poor quality manufacturing, but it could easily be the stitching that's the weak point.

The mounts come as part of the seatbelt / harness = poor quality manufacturing, but it could easily be the stitching that's the weak point.
Indeed. But either way the quality of the belt is very unlikely to be an issue, it's the assembly/fitting that introduces the danger.

How do you pick someone to reassemble a seatbelt mechanism, a job that involves sewing and also handling explosive charges... Quite a specific set of skills.

This has all got me thinking, if you buy a used car how do you know your seatbelts haven't been rebuilt?.... You just don't!

I'm an avid follower of Samcrac's YouTube channel (worth checking out he's rebuilding an rs7 right now) and he swears by a seatbelt reconditioning company in the states but when it comes down to it how the hell do you know it's right?

Reactions: Daveyonthemove and samisnake
I think we’ve reached the point where we should be encouraging him to buy seatbelts made from rainbow dyed cobwebs so we can wait to nominate him for a Darwin Award when the time comes. Especially given the quality of his posts. Let’s face it, he’s doing us all a favour...

Reactions: Daveyonthemove, nluk100 and mechanic69
Pedro you sound like a totally Wally, changing belts isn’t going to get chicks moist!

Best post ever.

I think we’ve reached the point where we should be encouraging him to buy seatbelts made from rainbow dyed cobwebs so we can wait to nominate him for a Darwin Award when the time comes. Especially given the quality of his posts. Let’s face it, he’s doing us all a favour...

Second best!

Reactions: mechanic69
To be fair to Pedo, if your mechanic doesn't have a sewing machine on standby for seatbelt rebuilds, then you are using the wrong garage!
My mechanic also bakes fluffy light sponge cakes between oil changes and curtain making.

You sound like totall willagy :D
You would be surprised what chicks all sht asks about car :D
They love their asses hot so I need even upgrade seats :D
I hate it.. But I'll upgrade it for them ;)

Indeed. But either way the quality of the belt is very unlikely to be an issue, it's the assembly/fitting that introduces the danger.

How do you pick someone to reassemble a seatbelt mechanism, a job that involves sewing and also handling explosive charges... Quite a specific set of skills.

This has all got me thinking, if you buy a used car how do you know your seatbelts haven't been rebuilt?.... You just don't!

I'm an avid follower of Samcrac's YouTube channel (worth checking out he's rebuilding an rs7 right now) and he swears by a seatbelt reconditioning company in the states but when it comes down to it how the hell do you know it's right?
Man you don't need to recon watching dat channel as I watch it ages.. But u can't compare 2017 rs7 seat belt mechanism to older 2011 a3 audi..

To be fair to Pedo, if your mechanic doesn't have a sewing machine on standby for seatbelt rebuilds, then you are using the wrong garage!
My mechanic also bakes fluffy light sponge cakes between oil changes and curtain making.
Absolutely no need any sewing man the strap is attached to the mechanism EXACTLY same way as when u have tape measure meter. .it is then bonded together
If any sewing requires don't worry I have sewing skills with sewing machine ;)

Received the belt looks nice :)

Attachments

• IMG_20180911_104126.jpg
    IMG_20180911_104126.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 251
Reactions: samisnake
what were you expecting?
youve been arguing for 2 pages, and not realised what was needing to be done :blahblah1:
No, it was exactly what I was expecting.
It was a loaded question. Now I want to know how it gets fitted to the required mechanisms and attachments in a safe and approved manner.