Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

My lease company have told me block is still on so the can’t register the car.

I’m starting to think that I will never see the car!

Mines in 'preparation' now... at least it's some progress and the BW 3 looks set.

Reactions: cuke2u
I had a call from my dealer yesterday evening saying that there was a hold on the 45 TFSI engine (2.0l 245PS). I think I'm the only one on the spreadsheet that is waiting for this engine. He said to leave it until the New Year to see what falls out of the woodwork.

Interestingly, the tracker app on my iPhone has me down for a 35 TDI already on its way to the UK - which I definitely don't want.

Reactions: jimssian
For info the website tracker is now back and running and showing the same info as the app

Ordered a
BE A4 Saloon 1.4 tfsi S-tronic
On
27th May
Build date was:
3rd December

Think that’s everything :)
You must be buzzing mate. I'm gutted though, I ordered before you and mine isn't even in the panel shop yet haha fuming.

I had a call from my dealer yesterday evening saying that there was a hold on the 45 TFSI engine (2.0l 245PS). I think I'm the only one on the spreadsheet that is waiting for this engine. He said to leave it until the New Year to see what falls out of the woodwork.

Interestingly, the tracker app on my iPhone has me down for a 35 TDI already on its way to the UK - which I definitely don't want.

Yeah, I think we are going to be in the second wave. I'm waiting on a 50 TDI and been told mid-Jan for a build week. Nothing showing on the track though.

I'm waiting for the same engine as well. I have the website saying my order is in Quality Control and the app saying it is in prep.

The 45TFSI and the 50TDI are waiting for the WLTP and so we probably won't see more movement until that is sorted.

No change for me yet on the app or website, will hope they are just doing it in batches and haven't got to me yet, can see a picture of the car though finally, only took 6 months...

Car has landed at Dealership, however my leasing company is now closed till 4th January and all the docs need to be signed before I can get my car. Happy New Year.

Reactions: NevMan, CJM05 and cuke2u
Thought I would give Audi a call before the new year. My car (A4 S Line 40 TDI 190 PS S tronic) is still at the port of entry where it has sat for the past 2 months. Registration block is still in place although they are expecting it to be lifted imminently.

Their current ETA is the 4th January though I have lost count as to the number of times this has moved to the right. I will be surprised if I see the car in January!

Just waiting.........

Attachments

• 20181221_161054.jpg
    20181221_161054.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 222
Reactions: NevMan, Azonicds2, WesT-gefül and 2 others
You must be buzzing mate. I'm gutted though, I ordered before you and mine isn't even in the panel shop yet haha fuming.

Ha! Me too. Ordered in April (same spec). Build date is down as Jan 14th.
I have told dealer to hold it until 1st March if it does turn up before so at least it will be a 19 plate. Would be so annoyed if I had waited best part of a year and then missed out on new registration by a few weeks.

So I was picking up car Saturday but no longer now Christmas Eve it better be gift wrapped.

Reactions: NevMan and Hambee1234

Yeah I am, but still won’t get it until the new year.

Lease company has confirmed with the dealership that it’s there, so I’m pleased about that.

Got to wait for finance docs to be changed from 2018 to 2019 or something which is now the new hold up before it’s registered! Lol.

Also, to anyone wondering about the Audi Rings decal, I’ve asked and the dealer seems to know nothing about them and say they WILL NOT come with the car... but I guess they could be hidden somewhere and I’ll find them lol... failing that I’ll get some from parts and get them put on I think. Mines ibis white so the black decals would look cool I think.

Reactions: WesT-gefül, Hambee1234 and Killieboy1965
Was going past my local Audi dealer, so I thought I would pop in as he would probably have a showroom A4 to look at.

Turns out they did have one, but it has been sold and away, so DVLA seems to be no longer an issue.

Reactions: NevMan

Lease company has confirmed with the dealership that it’s there, so I’m pleased about that.

Got to wait for finance docs to be changed from 2018 to 2019 or something which is now the new hold up before it’s registered! Lol.

Also, to anyone wondering about the Audi Rings decal, I’ve asked and the dealer seems to know nothing about them and say they WILL NOT come with the car... but I guess they could be hidden somewhere and I’ll find them lol... failing that I’ll get some from parts and get them put on I think. Mines ibis white so the black decals would look cool I think.
Black edition?

Yep, I am in the same position, as the finance company (VW finance) need the original documents before releasing funding. Lease company now closed still 4th January, so expecting car around 11th.

Black edition?

Yeah Black editon.

Yep, I am in the same position, as the finance company (VW finance) need the original documents before releasing funding. Lease company now closed still 4th January, so expecting car around 11th.

My lease company were open today and my account manager did all he could. So was impressed. Just wish Audi had the same Cus service. Ha

Reactions: Torchbearer115
My car was in quality control after the build starting on 3rd December (originally 26th November). It's now gone to "Order received" with a build date of 14th January. Ah, well. I can wait. It'll mean a '19 plate and the warmer months ahead. 190 Avant BE S-Tronic.

Reactions: WesT-gefül and loftylad
Online tracker now working again too and in sync (finally) with the app plus showing an image of the car

Attachments

• 822C04AB-5A01-46A1-9EB6-1EA472F32EBD.jpeg
    822C04AB-5A01-46A1-9EB6-1EA472F32EBD.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: WesT-gefül and NevMan
Online tracker now working again too and in sync (finally) with the app plus showing an image of the car
My app and online trackers aren't in sync yet. One is 'in prep' and the other is 'order received'. I have faith however that Audi know what they are doing....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

.....not!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: loftylad, DaveW and NevMan
Has anyone spoken to their dealer about any sort of compensation for the delays and issues it has caused?

Got a registration and everything now; sent off the signed documents to the lease company but they have closed for Christmas now so won’t see anything before new year but the wait is almost over

Reactions: WesT-gefül, Hambee1234, NevMan and 3 others
From my dealer, hopefully not much longer.

“We are just waiting for the new model year engine to be loaded onto the finance system so we are able to produce the finance documents. Once they are loaded on collection would be a day or so after that.”

Got a registration and everything now; sent off the signed documents to the lease company but they have closed for Christmas now so won’t see anything before new year but the wait is almost over
Is it VW finance you are using for your lease?

What have you ordered?

Interesting. My lease company waiting on docs being loaded onto system. However as my lease company is a separate company from VW finance, I am guessing they have not yet loaded the docs as quickly as VW/Audi.

Car still not able to be registered. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Probably won't see it now till the New Year due to holidays.