Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

The tracker on the App now has the picture of your A4. It looks like the online tracker should also be back up and updated sometime today. Also today is the day for the registration blocks to be lifted so hopefully good news coming up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tracker and App still not updated for me. Did someone at Audi advise you that the tracker would be up and running again today?

Tracker and App still not updated for me. Did someone at Audi advise you that the tracker would be up and running again today?

The only thing updated is the image of the car on the app,

& ha audi advising customers?

The app is broke because of all those prospective owners repeatedly stabbing their fingers on it, saying 'where's my car!!!"

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, Khaled and 1 other person
Round 2 : Audi managed to tax the S3 and I’m collecting this afternoon

Reactions: NevMan, WesT-gefül, Jcbmally and 2 others
Round 2 : Audi managed to tax the S3 and I’m collecting this afternoon

Congratulations on your new S3

Just jumping across from the Golf R forums, are you able to confirm which tax band the DVLA used for your new WLTP 300PS S3?

And very interested in hearing any exhaust clips at some point

congrats again

Reactions: NevMan
I mostly tweet at Audi UK for fun nowadays

Latest exchange:

Me: Almost 6 months not a single update from dealer

*they ask for my order number which I finally have*

Their response (to the letter): Your vehicle has gone into production.

In other news, I’m finally retiring the 2001 C Class the A4 should’ve replaced months ago. It’s just too unsafe to drive. Lurches on start, breaks down occasionally if you reverse when it’s cold (or on an incline) and while it does produce something akin to heat through its ancient A/C system, I’m pretty sure the fumes are toxic. The family has the other car which is fine, I’ll just stick to trains or cabs until my car finally arrives.

Reactions: Hambee1234 and Farhan96
Congratulations on your new S3

Just jumping across from the Golf R forums, are you able to confirm which tax band the DVLA used for your new WLTP 300PS S3?

And very interested in hearing any exhaust clips at some point

congrats again

Afraid not. The dealer said £205 per year but was not 100%

From inside the cabin I must admit that the exhaust is very muted. Of course the engine is brand new and it will liven up after some miles. Only driven 60 miles so far but once it’s light and dry I’ll get some footage.

Reactions: Sandra and loftylad
Just got an update from my dealer: I can collect my A4 on the 27th! A4 Avant TFSI 2.0 190PS S-tronic S-Line, ordered in late June.

Reactions: WesT-gefül, Hambee1234, cuke2u and 1 other person
Just got an update from my dealer: I can collect my A4 on the 27th! A4 Avant TFSI 2.0 190PS S-tronic S-Line, ordered in late June.

GREAT news, what was your build date?

Signing on Saturday, hopefully. Pick up next week,possibly Monday. The car is ready - unfortunately it still can't be officially registered.

Reactions: Inti786
Is that a quiz question ? If so = Co2 is carbon dioxide,,,,,,,,,,,, but why has that affected the car tax ? Has annual VED gone up since April 2018 ?

Annual rate
The annual flat rate is £140. There’s a £10 discount for alternatively fuelled vehicles (hybrids and PHEVs), so their owners pay £130 a year.

Cars that cost £40,000 or more (after options) are subject to a further £310 annual supplement that runs for five years. This kicks in after the first-year CO2-based charge, so you’ll pay the supplement from years two to six of the car’s life. This means you’ll pay £450 a year, for five years, if you car tips the £40,000 barrier. After that, annual road tax reverts back to the £140 a year (£130 for hybrids) charge.

So your point is what ? I asked if the VED rate has gone up since April 2018. My May 2018 S3 was £140 per year so unless there has been a mid year increase surely the car tax will be £140 per year, or am I missing something.

Annual rate
The annual flat rate is £140. There’s a £10 discount for alternatively fuelled vehicles (hybrids and PHEVs), so their owners pay £130 a year.

Cars that cost £40,000 or more (after options) are subject to a further £310 annual supplement that runs for five years. This kicks in after the first-year CO2-based charge, so you’ll pay the supplement from years two to six of the car’s life. This means you’ll pay £450 a year, for five years, if you car tips the £40,000 barrier. After that, annual road tax reverts back to the £140 a year (£130 for hybrids) charge.

So your point is what ? I asked if the VED rate has gone up since April 2018. My May 2018 S3 was £140 per year so unless there has been a mid year increase surely the car tax will be £140 per year, or am I missing something.

That’s ridiculously bad. Drivers are taxed through the roof. £40k is so arbitrary. So glad I only pay £20 for my 190ps diesel n

Reactions: Jcbmally
40K is considered the luxury car market, so "everyone" paying that can obviously afford the extra £310 tax per year. Certainly from my point of view I don't agree with it, but someone on minimum wage, who could maybe afford a 20 year old Vauxhall Corsa would probably agree and say it was well justified...

Should be taxed on emissions not price of the car. Say for eg electric cars where you pay 0? There will also be those who will buy it second hand and would will pay that fee until it drops to the normal ved rate.

Trackers back up and running on the app, mine has ‘arrived’ in UK.

Reactions: JonaP
Mine has arrived in the UK, waiting for the car to be at dealers now hopefully in couple days!

Reactions: DaveW
Whoop!!!!!

Attachments

• C5B7AE45-5DEB-476F-8128-48B8C020AAFF.png
    C5B7AE45-5DEB-476F-8128-48B8C020AAFF.png
    779.1 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: NevMan and WesT-gefül
Yeah mines arrived at dealer too apparently.

Although it’s through a lease company so can’t arrange to collect it.. lol.

Those with the app now showing Arrived, what were your build dates?

Reactions: NevMan
Ordered a
BE A4 Saloon 1.4 tfsi S-tronic
On
27th May
Build date was:
3rd December

Think that’s everything :)

Reactions: NevMan and WesT-gefül
Wow. You hung in there. What did you pay on your lease whilst waiting. Will make it all the more sweeter getting her either late dec early jan.

Wow. You hung in there. What did you pay on your lease whilst waiting. Will make it all the more sweeter getting her either late dec early jan.

yeah, like many others. I got a great deal though so didn't want to cancel.

Havent paid a penny yet, pay 10 days after delivery apparently. I haven't had a car since August either, so it's been a nightmare sharing the missus's :/

cannot wait to get it now, but bet it's still mid Jan even from here! :/

I’m surprised the lease company didn’t let you hold on to (old) the car. That’s what I meant by paying the lease. True re the deals and at least you were locked in. Some nice facelift features were included especially bigger rims and folding mirrors if it’s a b9 A4. Depending on the trim.

I’m surprised the lease company didn’t let you hold on to (old) the car. That’s what I meant by paying the lease. True re the deals and at least you were locked in. Some nice facelift features were included especially bigger rims and folding mirrors if it’s a b9 A4. Depending on the trim.

yeah I had the 19 rotors already included and the tech pack, but the folding mirrors and facelift is a bonus.

I didn't have a lease before, was my own car, and it had some faults so I had to get rid, was going to get a little run around but I kept clinging on to hope of getting the a4 sooner, I was wrong ha!

Reactions: WesT-gefül