Steering Module (HighLine advice).

aqibi2000

Reaction score
Installed a basic MFSW so need to upgrade the Steering Module to High Line from Mid Line.
Vehicle has Cruise Control installed.

Need advice on the correct module to order without having to faff around afterwards changing additional parts such having to change the Steering angle sensor.

I've currently got:
- 1K0-953-549-AH
- Slip Ring Type 2,
- SW Version 0070
- Varient MidLine
- With Steering Angle Sensor
- No LIN Support

Do I just find any module with:
- 1K0-953-549
- Same Slip Ring type
- Same SW Version
- Varient HighLine
- With Steering Angle Controller
- Lin 1.3 Support

Here's the link to RossTech: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Steering_Wheel_Control_Module_Versions

Thanks in advance.

Installed a basic MFSW so need to upgrade the Steering Module to High Line from Mid Line.
Vehicle has Cruise Control installed.

Need advice on the correct module to order without having to faff around afterwards changing additional parts such having to change the Steering angle sensor.

I've currently got:
- 1K0-953-549-AH
- Slip Ring Type 2,
- SW Version 0070
- Varient MidLine
- With Steering Angle Sensor
- No LIN Support

Do I just find any module with:
- 1K0-953-549
- Same Slip Ring type
- Same SW Version
- Varient HighLine
- With Steering Angle Controller
- Lin 1.3 Support

Here's the link to RossTech: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Steering_Wheel_Control_Module_Versions

Thanks in advance.

What year is your car?

8P0953549F

Is the one you need, that’s a highline module for your year of car.

If you don’t mind me asking how do you deduce that to be the only compatible one. My reason for doubt is that the module is spec’d as a midline on the rosstech website.

Thank you

If you don’t mind me asking how do you deduce that to be the only compatible one. My reason for doubt is that the module is spec’d as a midline on the rosstech website.

Thank you

If you did some searches on google or on this website you would find multiple threads with the same info. When i retrofitted mfsw and cruise to previous a3 which was 2007 that’s how I found all the part numbers I needed

Reactions: aqibi2000

Thank you

You're probably looking at the 1K0-953-549-F on the Ross Tech wiki, which is a VW Golf mk5 module. For A3 8P with highline features, the correct part is 8P0-953-549-F

I appreciate what you guys are saying but I read 1K0 from the vehicle not 8P0 which is Audi platform.

I’ve attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• D308F505-4EDB-406A-9A6F-5466F85C2536.jpeg
    D308F505-4EDB-406A-9A6F-5466F85C2536.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 238
Last edited:
I appreciate what you guys are saying but I read 1K0 from the vehicle not 8P0 which is Audi platform.

I’ve attached a screenshot.

Trust me I’ve done it so I know which module is needed, lots of others have also done it.
As has just been said above and as I said before if you’d have done a search you would seen all this info for yourself

Thanks for help guys I wasn't doubting your knowledge just wanted to understand regarding why my car was spec'd with the VW iteration of part, it now makes sense that it's an Audi specific software inside for MFSW for their differing LIN Bus Data ID's between VW/Audio platform.

Will improve searching game for future reference.
Chasing up on a 1K0-953-549-F via fleabay. :footy:

Thanks for help guys I wasn't doubting your knowledge just wanted to understand regarding why my car was spec'd with the VW iteration of part, it now makes sense that it's an Audi specific software inside for MFSW for their differing LIN Bus Data ID's between VW/Audio platform.

Will improve searching game for future reference.
Chasing up on a 1K0-953-549-F via fleabay. :footy:

That isn’t what you need!!!!

Read what we have said above the part you need starts with 8P0!!!!!

I have the correct highline module for sale in the classifieds, it was removed from a 2006 model with multifunction wheel and cruise.

It will fit your existing slip ring fine.