Alarm

smokey74

Reaction score
how do I test the alarm, as ive shaken the car and doesn't go off, ive locked car from inside and moved and rocked around and it doesn't go off, ive left window open and locked car and then put hand through and still no alarm, any ideas?

What car you have?

Internal motion sensors are fitted within front light dome.
I locked my car with windows open and waved my hand inside, around the light dome. It gone off right away.

Try lock yourself in the car and fiddle around. Make sure beforehand, you have this option active by checking drivers door seal for two buttons. One should be for recovery alarm (so it doesn’t start when your car gets towed or lifted, during the recovery) and other should enable you to stay in the car while locked.

To be clear also, it takes about 10-20 seconds for the alarm to arm itself, after you lock the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

many thanks I tried sitting in car and waiting 40 seconds and moved about and alarm went off so good, and I did as you said left window down again waited 40 seconds moved arm around in car and alarm went off, only thing alarm doesn't go off for is someone rocking the car or trying to get in car uses the handles, my old car was sensitive and when the neighbours kid is playing ball and hit the car it would send the alarm off now I have a brand new audi I don't want him hitting car with ball but the alarm doesn't sound

What car you have?

Internal motion sensors are fitted within front light dome.
I locked my car with windows open and waved my hand inside, around the light dome. It gone off right away.

Try lock yourself in the car and fiddle around. Make sure beforehand, you have this option active by checking drivers door seal for two buttons. One should be for recovery alarm (so it doesn’t start when your car gets towed or lifted, during the recovery) and other should enable you to stay in the car while locked.

To be clear also, it takes about 10-20 seconds for the alarm to arm itself, after you lock the car.

Yeah, my car alarm is not going off when rocked or door handle pulled also.
Strange but it should be there, especially with new cars.

Vcds is a diagnostic tool. In that case it may not be a sensitive as you think lock the car and jack it up see if alarm goes off like it’s being towed some kids literally ran over the neighbors 3 series and that didn’t set his alarm off

do I have to take to audi for the vcds diagnostics so they can make it more sensitive?

No don’t think you can make it more sensitive but you can check everything is working by doing a full scan and seeing if any codes come up sounds to me like it’s working. If someone was going to break in they’d set of the interior alarm by smashing glass or what ever

yes I just wanted like on my old car when neighbours kid playing football and hits the car alarm goes off, now he can beat the ball on car and no alarm, cant wait till he back at school

Looks like you can adjust sensitivity on the alarm but you will need vcds
Have a look here
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8...ust-sensitivity-car-alarm-using-vcds-2875865/ yours might be turned down and while your checking you can see if there is any fault codes, Also look on the vcds user map as there might be someone close to you that is willing to do it usually for a few beer tokens be a lot cheaper than taking to Audi

Funnily enough, my current car doesn't have an audible alarm (only the usual immobiliser etc) - neighbours kids rode a bike into the bumper and tried to ride away like nothing happened, if I hadn't have been around to hear the thump I wouldn't have even known they'd done it (got a camera pointing at the vehicles to confirm).

Would be interested to know, as I'm yet to receive my A3 but would like it to alarm should anything hit it, shake it etc. May get a bit annoying in high-winds but would probably prefer that so I know when some child is hitting my car!

exactly, id prefer for it to go off rather than not, if I find out anything I will post on here, but looks like unless someone smashes the window the alarm wont go off, so not really that helpful, my last car got damaged by people sitting on the bonnet and I knew as alarm went off so could confront them, with this one no alarm goes of at all and I was rocking hell out the car from the outside

Funnily enough, my current car doesn't have an audible alarm (only the usual immobiliser etc) - neighbours kids rode a bike into the bumper and tried to ride away like nothing happened, if I hadn't have been around to hear the thump I wouldn't have even known they'd done it (got a camera pointing at the vehicles to confirm).

Would be interested to know, as I'm yet to receive my A3 but would like it to alarm should anything hit it, shake it etc. May get a bit annoying in high-winds but would probably prefer that so I know when some child is hitting my car!

Looks like you can adjust sensitivity on the alarm but you will need vcds
Have a look here
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8...ust-sensitivity-car-alarm-using-vcds-2875865/ yours might be turned down and while your checking you can see if there is any fault codes, Also look on the vcds user map as there might be someone close to you that is willing to do it usually for a few beer tokens be a lot cheaper than taking to Audi

That is more than useful.
I will look into that.
Thank you @Tj 0785