Car alarm upgrades

Raiden

Reaction score
After having someone sniffing around my car at work and finding out this guy has nicked a few Golf R's I think I better invest in a upgrade.

A lot of people seem to have ghost but if my wifes uses it I know she'll forget the code or giving it to the dealer etc and having to give out the code. Anyone got it and how do you get on with it?

Or this local installer is recommending cobra A4615 ADR so the car will only start if you have this special card on you within a couple of feet of the car. Anyone have this system.

Then I keep hearing about blackjax and viper systems? I just want something so that even if the keys get nicked they can't take it. Also my car doesn't have keyless entry

I was just replying to another unfortunate member here who had he’s A5 nicked off the driveway.
Old fashioned ignition cut off switch hidden somewhere where only you know, were pretty good back in the days. Read somewhere as of, what are the common locations of them (not useful now where every thieve might know it or not necessarily as this “old school security might have already be forgotten) but would think of something especially made for me, if was to fit one.

Also, if they really want to nick it, they will.

Unfortunate member had a steering wheel lock bar on and still it got taken on a trailer, if not wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear looks like the steering wheel lock I bought was a waste of money lol. 2 members on the vwroc had there cars nicked and when I showed them the CCTV they said that's guy!!! He came in the shop were I work acting very dodgy

Oh dear looks like the steering wheel lock I bought was a waste of money lol. 2 members on the vwroc had there cars nicked and when I showed them the CCTV they said that's guy!!! He came in the shop were I work acting very dodgy

Get Ghost......

Job done.

Seen a picture another member posted of he's German Shepard guard dog he has put on a back seat to look after the car. That might be worth considering

Reactions: paul wev and Raiden
get a aftermarket amercian one with the voice box that you can reord your own message on most have a two stage system so when the get too close or touch the car you could have the alarm beep on say get the F"" awy from my car then when there dont move away the full alarms goes along side your reconding with somethink like ring the police these scum are stealing my car.
or not so legal get a second battery wired up to the handle so they get a nice shock when tryin to open the door

Reactions: Raiden and KrisKrk
Quick release steering wheel, can't drive if there's nothing to steer with.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: paul wev, KrisKrk and martin1984
get a aftermarket amercian one with the voice box that you can reord your own message on most have a two stage system so when the get too close or touch the car you could have the alarm beep on say get the F"" awy from my car then when there dont move away the full alarms goes along side your reconding with somethink like ring the police these scum are stealing my car.
or not so legal get a second battery wired up to the handle so they get a nice shock when tryin to open the door
Sound cool and chav the same time. I'm after some upgrade but only to oem siren, to make it louder. Above gives me another thought.

Read somewhere, you can adjust/increase alarm sensitivity using vcds. Wonder if possible on some older cars like my C6?

Tracker would be an option to add. Although, it is useful only when "it's done and gone", what it it to be avoided here.
Broken window will be the least they will do, if cannot steal it.

I've decided to go with a Toad immobiliser. Spoke to VW customer service to see what the car came with and all it has is an alarm so no wonder these cars keep getting nicked. Just have to not have the fob on the key.

I've decided to go with a Toad immobiliser. Spoke to VW customer service to see what the car came with and all it has is an alarm so no wonder these cars keep getting nicked. Just have to not have the fob on the key.
Have you looked at a viper alarm with the pager works upto 2000feet away.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I did but there expensive plus looking on a few forums people have had a lot of issues with idiots fitting them and not sorting out the problems. I think there difficult to fit

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I did but there expensive plus looking on a few forums people have had a lot of issues with idiots fitting them and not sorting out the problems. I think there difficult to fit

yea i agree they do seem expensive when i had my subaru wr1 i had a cobra (no pager) because it was cheap enough i could afford a tracker at same time (made my insurance cheaper aswell) the install took basicly a whole day for the bloke to do but was also warned that the tracckers arnt really worth the monney (after id paid for it) as the signal can be blocked quite easy and on high end cars the will find it fast on disable it which makes sense othewise everyone would just have a tracker fitted.

Spoke to VW customer service and asked what security does the car have. Mine just has an alarm and after asking why just that on a hot hatch? They said most VAG cars don't come with a lot of security unless asked for when ordered. No wonder car crime is on the up

After having someone sniffing around my car at work and finding out this guy has nicked a few Golf R's I think I better invest in a upgrade.

A lot of people seem to have ghost but if my wifes uses it I know she'll forget the code or giving it to the dealer etc and having to give out the code. Anyone got it and how do you get on with it?

Or this local installer is recommending cobra A4615 ADR so the car will only start if you have this special card on you within a couple of feet of the car. Anyone have this system.

Then I keep hearing about blackjax and viper systems? I just want something so that even if the keys get nicked they can't take it. Also my car doesn't have keyless entry

The local dealer uses this on their s and rs demo cars i had a s5 as a service loan car and had the extra fob