lowering my Audi a3 2009 2.0 tfsi

Andyelliott93

Reaction score
looking to lower my audi a3 2.0 tfsi black edition s line, dont know if i should go for lowering springs or coilovers as i dont want to spend alot of money (max £200 if possible)

Attachments

• ffffffffffffffffff.png
    ffffffffffffffffff.png
    328.8 KB · Views: 256
Try a message to Damian at Dpm

@DPM

Reactions: DPM
I have a KW V1 Coilover kit for sale currently on EBay it barely a year old and in very good condition. Asking price is £680 plus postage. The ride quality on this kit is excellent. I am only selling as I have now fitted KW Clubsport Coilovers. I know you have indicated a £200 budget, but if you want a genuine upgrade without sacrificing ride quality KW is the way to go. Beware cheap Coilovers and lowering only packages, the ride quality is typically dreadful and will do nothing to improve handling.

Ride will be crap on just lowering springs or cheap coilovers, I've had both.

AP coilovers is what I reccomend as well as a lot of people on here, they are mid range at around £400 but have lasted me years of daily use.

I've had coilovers ranging from £200 up to £1200 and bang for buck is always the AP's every time.

Ride will be **** on just lowering springs or cheap coilovers, I've had both.

AP coilovers is what I reccomend as well as a lot of people on here, they are mid range at around £400 but have lasted me years of daily use.

I've had coilovers ranging from £200 up to £1200 and bang for buck is always the AP's every time.

thanks :) would you say they would lower my audi abit just the gap now with the s line suspension on looks quite high

thanks :) would you say they would lower my audi abit just the gap now with the s line suspension on looks quite high

If you take a look at this link below you'll see the height differences between the lowest of lowering springs and the AP coilovers lowest setting. There's more photos further down the thread once they had settled too.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ap-coilovers-vs-h-r-50mm-springs-pics-review.197623/

Plus if you click the pic in my signature there's loads of pics of my s3 on the same coilovers I had on my a3

If you take a look at this link below you'll see the height differences between the lowest of lowering springs and the AP coilovers lowest setting. There's more photos further down the thread once they had settled too.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ap-coilovers-vs-h-r-50mm-springs-pics-review.197623/

Plus if you click the pic in my signature there's loads of pics of my s3 on the same coilovers I had on my a3

just been through your thread amazing work done to your s3, could only dream of doing the same one day, i think ill have a look at getting some ap coilovers in the near future seems to have done you well over the past few years.

just been through your thread amazing work done to your s3, could only dream of doing the same one day, i think ill have a look at getting some ap coilovers in the near future seems to have done you well over the past few years.

Thanks bud, anythings possible if you set ur mind to it. Yeah I've used them daily for years and I'm fussy when it comes to ride comfort, they are 30% uprated over standard for "fast road use" so are meant for road use, over they years I'd say they aren't any good for a track because they aren't hard enough and roll too much but are awesome for the roads.

They are also made by KW so are their budget range but still made by a good company

Great thanks for the help I will definitely be buying these in the next few weeks hopefully.

Reactions: smurfworth