Audi A3 2009 2.0 TFSI EPC, Engine Light, Mystery Problems

A3withtheproblems

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum, and I couldn't find any answers to the issues which I am having with my car. Here's the rundown.

I bought this car 4 months ago, test drive was fine, on the way home EPC and EML came on, drove it to a mechanic who claimed it was misfire, changed coil pack for cylinder 3. Car drove okay for a few days.
Car developed new issues, EPC light comes on when idling in neutral, followed by flashing EML. I timed it, it was around 90 second of idle regardless of being in neutral, or park. This problem sometimes did not happen, or happened quicker than 90s, I got around it by turned the car off at traffic lights etc. However if the EPC light came on, I could turn the car off and on again, and it would be reset, driving normally again.

About 1k miles later, car began throwing EPC light on start, I would drive a little down the road and it would go away.

Today as I pulled up to my house (luckily), EPC light came back while mid parking. I initially turned the car off and on again, however it was still there. I engaged drive, and the revs rose up by themself. There was next to no power from the pedal, so I decided to turn the car off, put it in neutral and push it into my driveway.

Here are the codes from the scan.

I was hoping someone could give me some insight, as I have no clue what it could be.

Thank you in advance!

Audi

I would firstly have car scanned with a better tool IE genuine Vcds ( do an Autoscan , save , clear codes and do it again to see if they come bk if yes check ur Pcv and all pipes going into it and away from it. Maybe swap over coils to see if misfire follows, plus check Maf ( clean and put bk ) again Vcds is what u need as u can rescan after each step to see if any improvement

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk