S3 for RS3

Steff s3

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
New to this forum though admittedly I'm on it every day having a nosey to see what is going on and who is doing what to there S3's.
As the title says....I'm trading in my pearlescent black 2014 S3 sport back for a Nardo Grey 2015 RS3.
Always wanted an RS but as time goes on to pick up date looming I'm having second thoughts,and aye balling my S3 in the drive all the time isn't helping.
So I'd appreciate your thoughts and please before you ask I haven't a clue how to upload pictures,so on that one waiting on the new RS with virtual cockpit isn't of interest to me as I'm naff with techie stuff.
All responses and advice much appreciated.

Reactions: THQuattro
Why not? go for the RS3 mate its what you always wanted, simples everyone's attitude and circumstances towards cars is different, l am waiting for RS3 saloon as it's perfect timing for me to change cars RS3 eta.....October so yeah go for it.
Ps,the Virtual cockpit ain't a reason not to want a new RS3 mate and it's optional anyway

Reactions: pburv, RSS-S3, Audi Bairn and 4 others
If you want the RS3 and the timing/pricing is right for you, then do it! When you leave your S3 and start up the RS3 all will be well ;)

Do not regret for one second that I bought mine, though after placing my order and during the wait I too had doubts. It's natural.

Reactions: 45bvtc, pburv, richinsoton and 3 others
Thanks jassyo06 and Ozmosis,yea the sound when I started it up was epic,the noise from it was thunderous.Ive been told it's got the sports exhaust that also delimited to 175mph.as well as a lot of other nice options. But how can I go about checking them out!!! To find out what it has and hasn't?

No regrets ...

297b5bd9c331ad4530a82fd61e64fdd3.jpg

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 45bvtc, THQuattro, CHCCubs and 12 others
Stunning car terminator,it looks just like yours though I do need to replace the chrome badging for black as I prefair that.
Oh and iv no roof rails,might strip them off the S3 before I had it over ha.

Reactions: Terminator x
Jfdi. Car is amazing and bonkers at the same time. Can't imagine changing it in all honesty.

TX

Reactions: pburv and Scottyg
I'm doing it,it's not everyday you come across one and get the opertunity of owning.and from my local dealer also.
I couldn't believe it was sitting there when I was walking by the forecourt,straight in there I was
Roll on Monday for collection.

Reactions: 45bvtc, J7USS, SPIKE_ and 7 others
:superman:
No regrets ...

297b5bd9c331ad4530a82fd61e64fdd3.jpg

TX.

Nardo grey has got to be my favourite audi colour, think it looks soo good on this, and also very nice on the rs6 too

Reactions: StevenC95, sve170, Scottyg and 1 other person
Yea it's a cracking colour,and unusual,reminds me when the misses sprayed (vandalised) my car with can of primer . But that's another story.
It's a colour you either love or hate mind.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Terminator x
So jassy you think Nerdo grey is pants? I've been thinking about that also,as in resale about 2 year from now.
Or it might turn out to be a keeper. Doing no mods to it mind so be left totally standered.
S3 going to eco tune tomorrow to get put back to factory and APR stage 1 of it.
Can't transfer it to a mates S3 nothing.
What a waste that was. Oh well

Reactions: Rob2k68
So jassy you think Nerdo grey is pants? I've been thinking about that also,as in resale about 2 year from now.
Or it might turn out to be a keeper. Doing no mods to it mind so be left totally standered.
S3 going to eco tune tomorrow to get put back to factory and APR stage 1 of it.
Can't transfer it to a mates S3 nothing.
What a waste that was. Oh well
Just be patient mate it will be worth it.... All existing RS3 cars are really left overs, l personally wouldn't give my hard earned money for them to be honest, all really nice used one's on the Audi site are still around £47k....same price as the new saloon... Ergo horses for courses lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
If I was getting an RS3 it'd be Sepang or Nardo, I actually think it suits the RS3 nicely - not many cars could pull it off.

Yea I agree Tom, jassy is just trying to mess with my head lol.
Anyway it's done, I've signed on the dotted line and it ALL MINES ha.
It's totally mint, phoned Crewe Audi today to find out more about it as that's the original place it got sold from and I was totally reassured.
It's a beast and I can't wait to get it.
I feel lucky indeed.

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, S3tuart and 6 others
Thanks scotty,yes I am indeed.
Took the misses to see it today, before I brought her in to see it I said to the sales guy... bet she says it looks just like the S3. And guess what!!!! I was right,even after starting it up and letting it get to temp before revving she then turns round and says.... that it sounds ruff lol.
Noticed today it had the carbon cover in the engine compartment as well as in the carbon inlays in the cabin..Nice

Reactions: THQuattro and Rob2k68
*cough*

308gx1j.jpg

TX.

Reactions: THQuattro, CHCCubs, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Wait for the RS3, it's ok to compromise but you just know when your driving the S3 and an RS3 pulls up you'll kick yourself a little.
The noise alone is worth it an absolute animal, I've had an M performance exhaust M135i and a performance exhaust A45 AMG and the RS3's optional exhaust makes mince meat of them both for noise

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Terminator x
Yea I agree Tom, jassy is just trying to mess with my head lol.
Anyway it's done, I've signed on the dotted line and it ALL MINES ha.
It's totally mint, phoned Crewe Audi today to find out more about it as that's the original place it got sold from and I was totally reassured.
It's a beast and I can't wait to get it.
I feel lucky indeed.

I wasn't trying to mess with your head my friend, lve been through the RS3 THING myself, but for me it has to be a bit special with colour and spec and new / nearly new hence l am waiting for the RS3 saloon simple as that.l drove this one last April a Stunna it was and special in a exclusive colour, ss seat's, keyless, bang&olufsen, pano-roof, privacy glass, rear camera, roof rails, upgraded alloys, folding mirrors, £46k a bargain it was and was scooped up whilst l was on holiday by some drug dealer who bought it with cash there and then lol and enjoy your new car mate all the best
DSC 0365

Reactions: ice_cube99, THQuattro, Rob2k68 and 4 others
The RS3 really suits Nardo, and I personally think it's a great colour. You won't regret it.

I think the new RS3 saloon will be the nicest RS product since the B7 RS4 though - this would be my choice if i was changing cars at the end of the year.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and jimojameso
Yea it's a cracking colour,and unusual,reminds me when the misses sprayed (vandalised) my car with can of primer . But that's another story.
It's a colour you either love or hate mind.
I think on behalf of all of us on ASN, we would like to hear this story lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and jimojameso
Well that's burst my bubble this morning seeing that pic terminator,ha
So I take it all RS3 are the same?
If you don't mind me asking could you tell me where you got the black badges from
please?

Couple of things worth noting if your going to wait for the RS3 saloon, firstly the new tax rules mean first year cars over 40k will be about £1500 to tax in the first year, and with Brexit they are saying depending on how negotiations go if tariffs are applied to imports which is a real possibility there could be an average of £1,800 added to your average German import car, that's a fair chunk of extra money that isn't equated for currently

IMG 4563
If you don't mind me asking could you tell me where you got the black badges from
please?

I have a brand new gloss black spare set front & back if you come unstuck. Cheapest I've seen these Black RS3 emblem is from AliExpress

Reactions: THQuattro and Rob2k68
please?
Raywell Design. Be careful if going elsewhere as some badges are the wrong size.

TX.

Raywell Design. Be careful if going elsewhere as some badges are the wrong size.

TX.

I'm sure raywell design stopped listing these items i may be wrong

please?
Carbon engine items was an option, fairly expensive too so not many will have it ;)

As chap above says Raywell seem to have stopped doing the black badges!

TX.

Edit - carbon bits inside the car is rare too, my car arrived before they came available so I'm stuck with the black ones :disrelieved:

Couple of things worth noting if your going to wait for the RS3 saloon, firstly the new tax rules mean first year cars over 40k will be about £1500 to tax in the first year, and with Brexit they are saying depending on how negotiations go if tariffs are applied to imports which is a real possibility there could be an average of £1,800 added to your average German import car, that's a fair chunk of extra money that isn't equated for currently

It is what it is mate whether its got a R before S....or not as long as its over over £40k,as for the import tax......? that would seriously impede on all EU car makers profits....l doubt that will come into play

Another thing to note is it will be a better car than the pre-facelift, and we all know saloons look better than Sportback's.

Increases in import tax won't appear until 2 years after Article 50 is triggered.

But there is a price rise in the pipeline due to FX move. German manufacturers are currently receiving nearly 10% less for the same car that they were selling in June.

The new 'luxury tax' rules are just nuts. You've already been taxed on earning your money and now, for no reason at all other than government greed / soft target.

To clarify, on a £40k plus car it puts up your annual tax from £140 to £450 for the first 5 years - not a hit in just the first year.

This is on top of the 'normal' charge based on co2 for the first year (an S3 is £500).

And it's on msrp, so even if you pay less than £40k, you'll still pay it.

Reactions: DrEskimo and Rob2k68
We won't leave the EU until at least 2 years after March so certainly no tariffs before than. Ok, fluctuations in the £/€ rate may see prices rise in the meantime. The new tax rules will make a difference, but as a % of the cost of the car probably won't put many people off either. The main financial impact in going from S to RS is a jump in servicing and insurance costs along with less attractive finance deals if you aren't a cash buyer. When we ordered our Facelift S3, we considered one of the last stock new RS3s in the country. A basic spec car with about the same list price as the well specced S3 we eventually ordered would cost £100 per month more on PCP.

Hi guys.
Got and received all your messages so thanks for that.
Regarding this brexit malarkey I really couldn't care about this or that,as long as I no my monthly payments that's all that matters to me, which is only £100 moe than S3.
I love my S3 sport back,yes it hasn't got all the options but it's still a capable car ecspecialy with Apr stage1.the luner silver interior is lovely to look at,against the colour of the car,iv not seen another in Glasgow like it.
But,and there's always a But, when I started the RS today in the dealers and heard the sound it just makes it that bit more special.
Roll on Tuesday, why I agreed to that day and not today I don't no lol

Reactions: Scottyg and Tom.H
Yep I sure will Scotty once I suss out how too.ive already got a few pics of S3 RS together on my iPhone.

Reactions: Scottyg
Think I've Sussed the uploading of pic's ha.

Attachments

• IMG_0164.JPG
    IMG_0164.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 213
Reactions: Terminator x, THQuattro, DrEskimo and 1 other person
I'll try again

Attachments

• IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 212
My S3

Attachments

• IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 215
Reactions: THQuattro
Well it's getting nearer to collection time of my RS3 today, S3 in Ecotune right now removing Apr stage1 before hand over.
Kind of gutted it's going really.

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    859.1 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    900.5 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: THQuattro, Jassyo06 and Scottyg