Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

Have you seen the car in reality? The diffuser looks great. It looks totally different on the configurator. Besides, even if you hate it in reality you'll be too busy admiring the lights to notice.

Only on a YouTube video, waiting for the local dealer to get them in so I can take a test drive, think I prefer sport trim to S-line trim so I'd have to spec the led lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just been out for a drive and saw my fist FL A3 on the road. I noticed because of the different shape of the front headlights. It was Sportback in Floret Silver. Look very smart. Now I now what my next A3 will look like!!

Reactions: moonlight and G--Man
To continue where i left off...

..in Paris

HighResImage.aspx

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Gordo77
I am liking this Tango Red! Haven't seen it on an A3 in the flesh yet but it looks great on an A4 and great in images. Few more weeks then my own Tango Red Saloon arrives!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gordo77
I will look forward to seeing the pics.....i may in fact be a tad jealous....If I am ever to own a red car then the A3 saloon would be it...it will look outstanding....Misano and Brilliant did so Tango will...If I'm being honest red was the only colour that made me sit up and take notice when looking for my replacement...ordered red then bottled it and eventuuuuaaally changed it to Flo...happy with my choice but then I usually hover around the safe zone in colours! (Daytona - Flo and repeat as necessary...)

lol should get some driving gloves for a laugh, wait until the car is full of your mates and then say "Can you pass me my gloves from the glove box please?", then sit there putting them on saying nothing at all and watch the reactions :D

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
Picked up my FL A3 yesterday. Pics to follow in due course but I have to say I am absolutely loving the car. :yahoo:

Reactions: Scottyg, Cloudytoo, keenu and 5 others
Picked up my FL A3 yesterday. Pics to follow in due course but I have to say I am absolutely loving the car. :yahoo:
Well done mate. Congratulations. Been a long wait huh!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Reactions: MU57ARD
Tango red saloon in Glasgow Audi..

Really nice colour when you see it in person.

Reactions: Scottyg, MU57ARD, Bristle Hound and 4 others

Congrats....what do you mean in due course!.....we need to see them NOWWW:yes:..so far by memory we have seen Nano, (2) Tango, Daytona, Mythos (think),Ibis..and now (2) BBs...unless I have missed any others?...still waiting for the Viva Las Vegas post

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68
Although I have seen it in person ..on a TT..some time ago....how 'metallicy' did it appear?

seen it all before now...but can never get enough of a good thing....mainly an.A3 SLine in Daytona..

Although I have seen it in person ..on a TT..some time ago....how 'metallicy' did it appear?

The Tango Red...? Had a closer look and really difficult to see the metallic flake in Tango. It certainly is a colour you get a lot of gloss from. :)

Navarra Blue S3 5 door... this really is a fantastic colour to see in person. It has a purple tinge to it and even looked great under the grey skies of Glasgow. :D

Reactions: Scottyg, S32B, Soup and 9 others
Is the grey/chrome part shaped over the exhausts on the rear bumper standard on all facelift models or just on the S3?

not sure whats happened to my first pic..but yes Tango...cheers

Navarro doesn't do it for me.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Aye, had originally ordered Sepang so was gutted they stopped it, considered Navarro but wasn't sure, and pleased I didn't go for it looking at this, must admit though the configurator isn't a very good example and it would have been a harder decision had I seen this.

Navarra Blue S3 5 door... this really is a fantastic colour to see in person. It has a purple tinge to it and even looked great under the grey skies of Glasgow. :D

View attachment 99450
Many thanks for posting the the pic Gordo77, I can see what my car will look like at last, wheels too. Being built next week :) Any other images ?

Many thanks for posting the the pic Gordo77, I can see what my car will look like at last, wheels too. Being built next week :) Any other images ?

Afraid this is the only image I have and the picture doesn't do it justice. It's a terrific colour and from the side and under light from above, the purple tinge comes through. The rear with the chrome detail along the diffuser and 4 exhausts look fantastic. This one had SS seats inside (covered up) and no virtual cockpit. You will love it!

Reactions: stan1000, Peter1201 and BMB - 77

View attachment 99450

Looking at the front wheel arch, is the suspension a lot higher as compared to the PFL?!

Also contemplating wether to change colour from glacier to navarra :shrug:

Looking at the front wheel arch, is the suspension a lot higher as compared to the PFL?!

That's probably due to having chocks in the suspension from factory. They are used to raise the front end to protect it from getting damaged when taking it off the transporter

Reactions: Tobz28 and S32B

I've had a few white cars in the last few years, and the TT is Ibis White. I fancied a change, and I tell you no lies... I was **very** impressed when I saw Navarra in the flesh this afternoon. :) I think the sales guy said that Sepang Blue was going to become a standard colour option on the new A5. Trust me, Navarra blue is going to be the new special blue of the future! ;)

Reactions: Tobz28, Peter1201 and SpeedyFrog
I like it... It looks good even when parked in an overcast rainy car park. It'll look amazing when the sun comes out.

Reactions: stan1000, Peter1201, SpeedyFrog and 2 others
Looks good to me...rich blue and with a purple tinge...that will look cracking...agreed in the sun it will be b-e-a utiful......not a lazy mans colour mind!

Looks good under wraps...so can only look better

Reactions: Gordo77 and Rob2k68

That's probably due to having chocks in the suspension from factory. They are used to raise the front end to protect it from getting damaged when taking it off the transporter

Yep, when I went to see mine I thought it looked high, he knew exactly what I was looking at without me even saying anything! and said "Don't worry it will be lower when you take delivery", as Shmelll said it's to protect it from damage when taking it off the transporter.

Reactions: Gordo77 and Tobz28
Brochure on Audi AG website. Asked Audi uk recently about brochure, said they would send me a photocopy but when it arrived was the price list!
Sent Audi uk customer service another email today and complained about website errors again. Was previously told that base cushion tilt had been deleted, but appears not. Another owner + local dealer confirmed this. Important for me as I have knee issues and tilt gives me freedom of pressure.
Do not understand why they are having problems with such basic stuff. Let`s see what they have to say, as they have not been good so far.

Last time I asked Audi UK about a brochure they said it takes time because it all has to be translated. You would have thought they would be able to do this without any problems, after all they do sell German cars.

CarWow Sportback review...

... interior and virtual cockpit...

Reactions: G--Man
ok...Cosmos S Line Saloooon...I've been waiting for someone to post a pic.....and that someone is me!
HighResImage.aspx
HighResImage.aspx
HighResImage.aspx

Reactions: G--Man
I may be biased, it was the choice I made, but I really do love this cosmos. It even looks much better in person.

Now that I've seen most in the flesh I quite like them all, even the white looks nice, wouldn't have the Yellow but I do like it, the most underated imo is Floret.

Now that I've seen most in the flesh I quite like them all, even the white looks nice, wouldn't have the Yellow but I do like it, the most underated imo is Floret.

Indeed and I was one of the er under-raters!...I think that's because we tend to do our initial research via the web....and Floret is overlooked as it's poorly presented by online pics ... comes across as another silver......and still is to many ...but just like some other colours once you get to know it....it comes into its own

Looking at Cosmos from these pics...it doesn't look too dissimilar to Scuba..nice enough..but as others have said it looks better in the flesh.

My last goal now is to find a Floret FL Saloon..before I receive mine....watch this space

Reactions: Gordo77 and SpeedyFrog
Dealer sent me a video of a 5 door Navarra they have going out to a customer... someone on here...? I've blanked out the number plates, and the video quality is not the highest, but you do get a glimpse of how fantastic Navarra looks. :D :wub:

Capture

Capture2

Reactions: nadsi77
Looking at Cosmos from these pics...it doesn't look too dissimilar to Scuba..nice enough..but as others have said it looks better in the flesh.

Scuba is quite a bit lighter and bluer/purpler than Cosmos. Cosmos has a very distinct green tint to it.

I personally prefer the Scuba a lot more.

The Tango Red...? Had a closer look and really difficult to see the metallic flake in Tango. It certainly is a colour you get a lot of gloss from. :)

Metallic flake? I need a magnifying glass and the light from a A bomb to see mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went too Lincoln Audi today to see a facelift in the flesh for the first time today. Must say it is a lovely looking car, from every angle! The pictures don't do it justice. I have a bit of a phobia about chrome, but i think it sets the FL a3 off nicely, especially in black (maybe slightly biased). They even had one in Vegas yellow, a little to "New York, New York" for my liking though! :taxi::taxi: No pictures i'm afraid, abit caught in the moment.

It may have been bad idea though, made the two weeks i've got to wait just that bit longer :pensive: