Aaaargh - now it's me too!

wideboybloke

Reaction score
Another example to add to the gallery of kerbed alloys. Did it this afternoon so I'll see what I can do with some wet and dry tomorrow. Sigh....

20160312 163248

Reactions: pburv
Oh wow that hurts, think I'm getting some Alloygators.

Seems too easy to do. Have not had mine done as don't fancy all that stripping and repainting. Gping to wait till they get worse as bound to do it again

Perhaps too far gone for wet and dry me thinks.

That hurts buddy!

Have done things like that too many times...

Ouch...got mine booked in for collection on Tuesday to have the worse of mine done while I have got my feet up.

I agree, Steeve, but I was hoping I might be able to tone it down a bit by smoothing the raw edges of the damage.

What is so galling is the way it happened. We were in a queue of cars at traffic lights. The car in front decided to move to the lane on his right but there wasn't enough room to get his rear nearside corner fully into the lane, so it remained in our lane. I could have squeezed through but thought perhaps not. The lights were taking a long time to change so I thought perhaps I will after all. As I edged forward watching his nearside rear corner, my nearside front wheel dropped on to a drain cover in the gutter with an awful graunching sound as the wheel scraped against the kerb. If only I had waited!

I agree, Steeve, but I was hoping I might be able to tone it down a bit by smoothing the raw edges of the damage.
I had a bit of damage (not quite as bad as the pic above) and I took the worst off with a fine file, smoothed of with a couple of grades of wet and dry and then used some silver touchup from Halfords.
It's not perfect of course, but it's difficult to see now.
But with those marks towards the centre of the wheel, something more drastic needed I think.

I curbed my wheel last year but not nearly as bad as some of you guys, it's hardly noticeable, plus its a replica aftermarket wheel, 10 mm wider at ET35.

Me too, cars either side of the road and learner got too close for my liking

Just put some clear lacquer over it to stop moisture getting underneath, could be worse but still raging!!

33xikcm.jpg

I know how you feel, did mine on Thursday, not as bad as yours.

cwauTyE.jpg