What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Brand new calipers. Fixed my issue before with what I said I had done to remedy it. What are these springs you speak of? Are the separate to the brake pads as mine have never had any kind of springs on ?

Reactions: northpole
Depends on what front calipers you have fitted but these are found on most B7 front calipers, well on a lot of Audi calipers.
some vary is design but the basic funtion is the same.

Fixed my car yesterday. New cam position sensor and cambelt. Car starts straight away as it should now when it's hot. Happy days!

Had new disks and pads all round a couple of months ago along with 2 new front calipers fitted by a garage as I couldn't be bothered with the bleeding, Now though the pads are rattling on the front. Had this issue before. So I now need to take the front pads out and pull the claw that goes into the piston out wider so it's real tight to get the pad in. This sorts the issue if any one ever has it. I did this before and no more rattling pads
Well, if they fitted a pair of new calipers ,pads etc , then the only reason for rattling pads will be the anti-rattle springs or lack of them.
But that said it won't be the first ive seen owners report they are missing.

Do.you mean the springy bit that's on the back of the pad that goes into the piston? Obviously yes they will rattle without those on lol. But I mean is aftermarket pads can be hit or miss if they rattle or not. It's all down to the springy bit on the back of the pad that goes into the piston not being spread out enough before inserting them into the piston. I know from experience and this cures it spreading them out more.

Ah didn't see the pics you posted. No mines doesn't have those on I don't think. Can't remember from last time I had the pads out. Maybe they do but them rattling is not the cause of this it's the pads that goes into the piston that causes the rattle as I mentioned.

Mines a diesel btw so could be a different setup

If they were missing before the garage fitted the new calipers then highly likely they never fitted new ones.
Eitherway variant wise, there will be some type of springs on there to keep the pads tight in the calipers.
Let me know your model and I'll check what part it is.

could be these.
only way to be 100% is by you variant spec .

Reactions: markthenewt and northpole
if you have them fitted, they are either well worn and have lost their tension or just worn out.
you could try and retention them , maybe better to just get new one to be honest.

I will call the dealer on Monday and see what they say if mine is supposed to have them or not. Mine are the the calipers like the picture you posted. But the issue is definitely what I have mentioned with mine. There are videos on YouTube also to back this up. It's usually always the 3 pronged claw thing on the back of the pad that's not been spread out enough. With my brakes anyway.

Wash and wax today. 170 BRD S Line 06/56
I thought I'd attach some pics as I've not long realised that apparently it's a pretty good spec from the factory. I thought most of it was standard on S Line, but this is the first Audi I have owned.
It's just turned 69k miles now, and I've had it 9 months.

A4 Spec Sheet
Audi 6
Audi 1

Audi 2
Audi 3
Audi 4
Audi 5

• Love
Reactions: Rob Avant, northpole, Charlie Farley and 1 other person
Plus fitted my newly acquired scuttle panel cover :yes:

Audi 7

• Love
Reactions: Gmac, northpole, Charlie Farley and 1 other person
Wash and wax today. 170 BRD S Line 06/56
I thought I'd attach some pics as I've not long realised that apparently it's a pretty good spec from the factory. I thought most of it was standard on S Line, but this is the first Audi I have owned.
It's just turned 69k miles now, and I've had it 9 months.

View attachment 276208View attachment 276209View attachment 276201

View attachment 276202View attachment 276203View attachment 276204View attachment 276205
looking really good chap. :yahoo:

Nice spec that Matt. You have dropped on there. The mirrors, do they auto fold?
No they only fold if I turn the knob south.
Would be great if they folded as I locked it, and I believe it also can't be coded in via VCDS etc.
I never really need the function, used it twice....just to test they both still work hahaha

If you ever want to sell your B7, keep me in mind I’d be very interested:thumbs up:

Reactions: markthenewt, northpole and Matt275
No they only fold if I turn the knob south.
Would be great if they folded as I locked it, and I believe it also can't be coded in via VCDS etc.
I never really need the function, used it twice....just to test they both still work hahaha
Ah I see. Would be a nice upgrade on my car as I have to make sure I manually fold them in each night. I live near the town and the drunken idiots damage the cars parked on my street at the weekend. Been a few times where my mirrors are bent round the opposite way to what they should be and they have also dented my bonnet and wing. Hopefully once I put the new wings on it won't happen again. Still need to sort the bonnet though ***

Its a retro fit but not cheap and some parts are no longer available from audi or seat.
unless for find all bits used.

Reactions: northpole and markthenewt
I'm lucky I can get the car on the drive. Tesco early so nobody really around, and at work all car nuts so we are all as careful as each other.
The trouble is, even if CCTV showing clearly who's done the damage, the police are simply not interested sadly.
The police get into trouble for offending....a criminal.

Reactions: northpole, markthenewt and Charlie Farley
Its a retro fit but not cheap and some parts are no longer available from audi or seat.
unless for find all bits used.
Yeah already looked in to it. Not worth the cost. I was just interested to hear if they auto folded, Charlie.

Yeah not interested at all, Matt. I have a dash cam for when I'm in the lorry but don't bother with it in my car. I ain't spending out on one that does auto record on sensor.

In other news. Going to look at some 19inch wheels today, Audi Ronal 5 spokes. 19x8j et35. So should fill it all out in the arches nicely without spacers. They do need a refurb but easy enough alloy to work on and do it myself. Shall keep me busy:)

Are they the audi C6 ones, if so just check the CB as some are not 57.1 so you may need spigots.

Are they the audi C6 ones, if so just check the CB as some are not 57.1 so you may need spigots.
I'm not sure tbh. Didn't the s4 come with the 19s? I already have spigots on the alloys I already have so could use those. The guy already has the wheels fitted on a B6

the only B7 that came with 19” is the RS4.
A6/S6 C5/C6 had 18” or 19” Ronals depending on spec and options.

CB on them can vary from 57.1 to 66.6 depending on what model/year.

I'm not sure tbh. Didn't the s4 come with the 19s? I already have spigots on the alloys I already have so could use those. The guy already has the wheels fitted on a B6
if they are on a B6 they will be the earlier 57.1 ones unless he's using rings.
B6 cb is 57.1 same as B7

spokes look a lot slender on the 19" and tend to look just a bit nicer than the 18" flavours
235/35 19" is the best tyres size aswell.

spokes look a lot slender on the 19" and tend to look just a bit nicer than the 18" flavours
235/35 19" is the best tyres size aswell.
Yeah I have always liked them too and as you say look so much nicer in the 19s.

Ah damn, just had videos of him as didn't want to waste my time going over if they weren't up to standard. They are not genuine as no Audi stamp on the inside. One of them also has a weld repair. Said it's been ok for 5k miles but now I'm having 2nd thoughts. Just my luck lol

Yeah I have always liked them too and as you say look so much nicer in the 19s.

Ah damn, just had videos of him as didn't want to waste my time going over if they weren't up to standard. They are not genuine as no Audi stamp on the inside. One of them also has a weld repair. Said it's been ok for 5k miles but now I'm having 2nd thoughts. Just my luck lol
Sadly a lot of the 19" are reps, finding a set of geninue 19" 5 spoke ronals can be a challenge.
stay away fro anything thats damaged.

Look lovely that. Any spacers on the wheels do you know?
No sure, he's been off the board for a long time and sold his B7.
i'll look back and see, i do recal that they may also reps but they were in perfect order.

Yeah I'm glad you said that. Was tempted but it may be hard to find another 1 if it don't hold air etc. oh well the search continues.
Sadly a lot of the 19" are reps, finding a set of geninue 19" 5 spoke ronals can be a challenge.
stay away fro anything thats damage