What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Screenshot 2016 04 13 00 36 19

So..as i you can gues im into moding my car...doesnt matter how big or small it may seem.

Came in from work to find these waiting for me...my eyes 'lit up'

Straight out the door and got it done

For you keen eye mofos...yes that is a nut holding the left light in as i couldnt be ***** to screw it in whilst i quickly took a comparison picture...and wanted to touch the cheese screws as least as possible lol

Ill get a night time picture ...tonight

Link to where i got them..
Simple plug and play
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-18-LED...A3-S3-A4-S4-B6-B7-A6-/401063969596?nav=SEARCH
Collage 2016 04 13 17 14 26

For you keen eye mofos...yes that is a nut holding the left light in

Ahhhh I see it now.....I thought you were talking about yourself

They do look good Craig......I'd like to see how bright they are on the reg plate later on

Reactions: CraigRE
for some strange reason found myself looking at 19" alloys, yes looking at 19" rims again so had to quickly slap some sense into myself and get back to doing some work....

nah , I'm good with what I have tony...just sort of flipped out for a few mins..lol

wow craig, the're blinding mate....and in more than one way, nice.

Think I may start a sweep stake in how long it takes Rob to buy some 19" alloys ha.

Craig they look well mate, making me reconsider buying a kufatec boot loom to run led festoons, may just get them.

Dani...i have no idea what they are or what you have i mind lol
Please educate me lol

Today I got some vinyl to do the dechrome. I'm usually not bad with stuff like this but right from the off it felt like one of those days - couldn't find my decent stanley knife so ended up using a wee crappy craft blade which didn't help.

Made OK if slow progress on one side but ended up started getting annoyed at the rear quarter panel window - couldn't get under the seal and the knife was blunt so ended up ripping the vinyl. After two hours and less than halfway through it got abandoned.

20160415_205525 by wjheenan, on Flickr

20160415_205623 by wjheenan, on Flickr

It looked pretty cool for the brief time it was on, the chrome has got to go...

Reactions: carlcall
Yes that rear quarter light rubber is the biggest PITFA....I wasted quite a lot of my tape as some parts weren't the easiest to do.

I still have to do my passenger side yet.....

Don't think it's a job I could do to a standard where I'd be completely happy with it. Might be one for the professionals but will take a while to save up for that.

Might use the surplus vinyl to wrap the triangles from the rear window though

Jeesby
Have you got a link to what your using
Ive just bought 50mmx30m of tape
Reay sticky and due to being 50mm it will easily cover the rear (and will.be able to bend it around too)

Jeesby
Have you got a link to what your using
Ive just bought 50mmx30m of tape
Reay sticky and due to being 50mm it will easily cover the rear (and will.be able to bend it around too)

http://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/vehiclewrappingmatt.asp

it's not coverage or bending round the curve that's the issue, it's getting under the seal. Got a better knife this morning so going to give it another crack this afternoon

9c06ab89712db137be7095f07a786715.jpg

Bit bigger than 50mm...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1460819908116.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1460819908116.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: tony mc
20160413 170319

Got this fitted up today, so happy to get off the tractor sounding split flexi

Reactions: tony mc
23eaa24d74807666d3c1ca78d55e7dbe.jpg

And I fixed my rattly door handle

Reactions: Charlie Farley and carlcall
Still got the other side to do. Have enough wrap left to do it but would mean having a join

9c06ab89712db137be7095f07a786715.jpg

Bit bigger than 50mm...

**** the bed. no half measure there from jeebsy

proper wrapping it, well done mate for doing it in one piece' i did the tape as i couldnt be ***** with a sheet flapping around, i aint got a garage so i was'nt going for it on the drive

Reactions: Jeebsy
How did you fix the rattly handle....yes mine rattles too lol

I've been trying some sanding on the chrome rubbish but it's just ruined!!!

Jeebsy doing it proper!!!!!

I've been trying some sanding on the chrome rubbish but it's just ruined!!!

Jeebsy doing it proper!!!!!

I tried metal polish but the spots weren't budging, think there's only one thing for it!

4b23f629f000adc2cfe2201e0ba9bd37.jpg

Other side done now too

Reactions: carlcall, Dani_B19, triggerboo and 4 others
I have been putting this off for months as i new the front bumper had to come off ....but today i went for it. Hope you like the result.
Just to add, it was a pain to remove the bumper and a pain to fit the audi rings back plate holder to the new grille. No pain no gain though I guess.

Bumper removed
New grille

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie Farley
looking very nice, did you remove the wheels during the bumper removal process.