What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

I bought J&R driveshafts made in the UK way stronger than the OEM counterpart. Only did one this time around but the NS will get done too... ps looked at the state of the bushes while I was down there and they are all fine. Was quite surprised really. Just shows the quality of the parts used.

As the weather finally was half decent on friday, the car was mucky as hell so gave it a damn good clean. Luckily I had given it a coat of ceramic wax a few weeks ago so it came off pretty good. Then air dried it, towels and hoovered and cleaned the inside. All shiny once again. Then my wife's car was playing up saturday morning and as she had to drive to manchester I said go in mine and off she went in the pouring rain. Got back last night and yup, back to square one.

Ah well just gives me an excuse to wash it again though as she got it dirty I shall use her toothbrush for the wheels :)

Reactions: Charlie Farley and northpole
It's a tough job but someone has to do it... :yes: :thumbs up:

Then pop down and do mine:whistle2:

Reactions: northpole
And don't forget the Cif cream cleaner for the shinny bit..lol

Reactions: swisstony and northpole
lol would be better that she gives it the full treatment as she made it dirty while you were sorting out her car ....oh and no she's still on wifely duties aka cook, clean, etc... also she actually signed up for taking care of your needs so she has no excuse (for better or worse, till death do you part)... you might need to remind her of her vowes ;) and remind her she's not dead yet lol...

disclaimer:
if she kills you or damages the car in any way (p.e. scouring pad used, takes a hammer to it, etc etc etc) i'm not liable... she either has a healthy sense of humor and can take some banter... or she doesn't... up to you to decided if you are willing to risk it... :laughing:

lol would be better that she gives it the full treatment as she made it dirty while you were sorting out her car ....oh and no she's still on wifely duties aka cook, clean, etc... also she actually signed up for taking care of your needs so she has no excuse (for better or worse, till death do you part)... you might need to remind her of her vowes ;) and remind her she's not dead yet lol...

disclaimer:
if she kills you or damages the car in any way (p.e. scouring pad used, takes a hammer to it, etc etc etc) i'm not liable... she either has a healthy sense of humor and can take some banter... or she doesn't... up to you to decided if you are willing to risk it... :laughing:
Steps away from north poles marriage guidance course :)

Steps away from north poles marriage guidance course :)
Sorry had to be done! Mine would tell me to go stick it where the sun doesn't shine, refuse to do her wifely duties for at least a year and make me apologise that whole year long... to than remind me of the same vows made to her... yes she can and will take banter to a whole new level. :)

Ps I wouldn't want it any other way though love her to bits

Cars and marriages are very similar entities, you can get the right one first time around or not, and just like most cars and many audi's they can be very problematic, and if one is very unlucky in life it can be both.

Once the mileage is too high and it’s no longer serviceable it time to trade in for a younger model ….

That also applies to cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the weather finally was half decent on friday, the car was mucky as hell so gave it a damn good clean. Luckily I had given it a coat of ceramic wax a few weeks ago so it came off pretty good. Then air dried it, towels and hoovered and cleaned the inside. All shiny once again. Then my wife's car was playing up saturday morning and as she had to drive to manchester I said go in mine and off she went in the pouring rain. Got back last night and yup, back to square one.

Ah well just gives me an excuse to wash it again though as she got it dirty I shall use her toothbrush for the wheels :)
I had planned on giving my old bus a shampoo and set this weekend, but I've been semi-immobilised with a knee ligament injury this week and i can just about crawl let alone walk , a right pain in bum , just recovered from the sciatica session only to be struck by a knee failure on the same side...arghhhh

Where is my bar of galaxy now.

sounds painful mate, take it easy and leave the car alone, the rain will wash it :)

Reactions: Charlie Farley and northpole
Cars and marriages are very similar entities, you can get the right one first time around or not, and just like most cars and many audi's they can be very problematic, and if one is very unlucky in life it can be both.
How true. My first wife was not into cars, hated my scooby and tried to get me sell it. Instead I kept it and binned her ( a little more to the story)
New wife I actually met through the scoob as she had one , a massive petrolhead and rather easy on the eye. Hence being my wife now for going on 14 years :)

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley
2nd time lucky chap, it always helps when couples share an interest, as you have found. :yes: :thumbs up:

Reactions: ttelracs, swisstony and northpole
I've been with my wife now since she was 16, met as teenagers, she had a thing about bikes and motocross, both up my street and been together ever since, sometimes it is about give and take.:yes::thumbs up:

wowcher, together for 42 years, we must be doing something right.:yahoo:

Reactions: ttelracs, swisstony, Rob Avant and 1 other person
sounds painful mate, take it easy and leave the car alone, the rain will wash it :)
I have found from previous knee injuries that they are such a debilitating condition.
currently on naproxen and co-codamol and they are doing zippo, would be less painful if I cut my right leg off.:sorrow:

I have found from previous knee injuries that they are such a debilitating condition.
currently on naproxen and co-codamol and they are doing zippo, would be less painful if I cut my right leg off.:sorrow:
Ask for orimorph, or at least some morphine patches....don't ask me how I know especially if they kept you on them cocodamol and naproxen for over 2 years...

Ask for orimorph, or at least some morphine patches....don't ask me how I know especially if they kept you on them cocodamol and naproxen for over 2 years...
I have an MRI booked tomorrow to take a look at whats going on with the pesky knee, I think there needs to be a conversation with someone about pain management, or lack of it at the moment.

During a random Gumtree snoop earlier today i noticed a chap in sheffield selling a set of rs4 b7 wingbacks for £1k, supposedly in perfect cond, messaged him but no reply as yet.
they were not listed as wingback as such , just recaro's.
probably so hot there is steam coming out the bottom of them...lol

Booked a chap to pop around tommow PM to quote me for satin black wrapping of the door brightwork, if I try it I expect it will go tits up rapidly so just getting it done properly the first time around.

Reactions: Rob Avant and northpole
Booked a chap to pop around tommow PM to quote me for satin black wrapping of the door brightwork, if I try it I expect it will go tits up rapidly so just getting it done properly the first time around.
Trust me , dont attempt this job yourself. The straight bits on the doors are fine, its the rear quarter that catches everyone out as it needs to be a single piece. I got mine done for around £250 but that included PPF on the headlights as well.

jup and that's why people make a living out of wrapping cars, the previous owner attempted to wrap the door strips in my car... he did such a bad job I'll be pulling them off soon. and instead of re-wrapping them I'll buy the brushed aluminium strips if they are in bad condition... already looked around to find the going rate for them and it's not to bad. Worst case I'll spray them in satin black and add a few protective layers of clear coat on them. Did this before on the vectra and it lasted really well.. 8 years of daily touching and no scratches to be found.

back on topic... just bought 2 new tires from Camskill just waiting for a delivery confirmation and once they have been delivered I'll take them to my trusty tire place to have them fitted.

I had planned on giving my old bus a shampoo and set this weekend, but I've been semi-immobilised with a knee ligament injury this week and i can just about crawl let alone walk , a right pain in bum , just recovered from the sciatica session only to be struck by a knee failure on the same side...arghhhh

Where is my bar of galaxy now.
Just did my knee Saturday morning I think playing squash. Well it was alright playing but an hour later swollen like a balloon and I can barely walk. An old football injury has cme back to haunt me so no extra 'caricular' activities this week. I empathise...

tires have been delivered... now for having them fitted.. was going to do it today but I know how busy the tire fitting place I normally use is.. will be tomorrow morning when i have them put on and balanced... will keep the best tire as a spare as mine has a puncture in the wall so basically i have a spare alloy wheel with a flat... so will get to the tire fitter, pull out the spare and have them put one on that than pull both fronts off and have 1 of them replaced... the other will be slung in the boot for spare duties... the car will than be ready for the MOT which i'll book in early enough so that it will be done in time.

Reactions: swisstony
I've been quoted £180 to do all door and trim brightwork satin black, which, seems very reasonable, and they are local as well.
Not confirmed it with them as yet but most likely will in the next day or so for the beginning of Jan.:thumbs up:

Reactions: Gmac
Nope, the wife is fine with my wheel obsession, well it's a need-to-know situation on that front..lol

Fitted my new rear wiper motor today and all random wiper problems have gone! Woohoo.
Here’s what the old one was like inside… yuk..
IMG 2471
IMG 2472

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Not one of Audis better design’s, happy wiping again chap :thumbs up:

Reactions: Gmac and northpole
e35d688e2cbfee946572343c27f656c2.jpg

Pulled my 18” versions out of storage yesterday,dropping them off for winter tyres at the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Nope, they will just stop on the screen if the power is cut.

Reactions: Donfero