New A3 Owner

MikeM_

Reaction score
Hi,

I've finally bought my first Audi A3 which I've been eyeing up for some time. It's a 1.6 S-Line diesel sportback in mythos black. I originally went for a used one with 4,000miles on the clock but my local dealer agreed to sell me one which just had delivery miles and better options for more or less the same price. The dealer claimed they'd be happier to do this rather than transport the one with 4,000miles from another Audi garage a few hundred miles away.

I have a few questions that I'm hoping you guys can answer for me.

I've managed to get some services with the car which I'm told are done every 19,000miles or every two years.
In between this will I need to have the oil changed by Audi or will this be done at it's service? I know BMW do the oil separate.

Also quite an odd question and I'm pretty sure the answer is year but does the car have a digital speedo?

I was overwhelmed by the amount of buttons everywhere on the test drive and just want to be prepared for Friday, coming from a 2011 fiesta it's going to be quite a change.

Thanks,

Mike.

My 2015 SportBack 2.0TDI shows oil at the same interval as service.

You can use the DIS to show a digital speedo

My 2015 SportBack 2.0TDI shows oil at the same interval as service.

You can use the DIS to show a digital speedo

Thanks hopefully the oil is included in the service then :) just waiting to collect on Friday now.

What's the hand over process like at Audi? Do they make a big deal handing the car over. I've been with people before where it's put in a room or even covered up.

well mine was a new one - no 'hand over' but spent a lot of time with me - they went through the mmi and all the other controls. got some free champagne which was nice. yes you have a digital speedo on the DIS - just keep scrolling up you'll find it.

Reactions: MikeM_
well mine was a new one - no 'hand over' but spent a lot of time with me - they went through the mmi and all the other controls. got some free champagne which was nice. yes you have a digital speedo on the DIS - just keep scrolling up you'll find it.

Thanks looking forward to it but also a little nervous as the sportback is a lot bigger than my current fiesta just glad I opted for the parking sensors :D

Welcome to the forum Mike.. When I collected mine it was initially covered by a white cloth cover which was pulled off when I arrived. A couple of pictures before it had been taken out of the showroom.....
A3 2014 01 A3 2014 06

Reactions: DH81
Welcome to the forum Mike.. When I collected mine it was initially covered by a white cloth cover which was pulled off when I arrived. A couple of pictures before it had been taken out of the showroom.....
View attachment 78278 View attachment 78279

That looks great :) I'll get some pictures up when I've collected it actually cannot wait! Nothing better than a new car!

Your original question was about service intervals. It depends how many miles you do.
Upto 10,000 miles per year it needs to be set to fixed service (every year)
If over 10K, it should be set to variable (then it's about every 20K). The default is variable, so if you are low mileage you need to get them to change it in the car's systems before delivery.