Santa Pod - January 31st

Dandanfings

Reaction score
about £35 for unlimited uses of the drag strip.... Any one interested?

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Sandra
Just looking at hotels :)

Reactions: Sandra and OliS3
sold my car but ill come down to see you guys

Me and a few other A45's may be in attendance on the 31st - weather permitting.

Reactions: Dandanfings and xpoweruk
Oh yes!!! :wink:

Just need to drum up your boys to attend now. Might be worth posting on the Golf R forum too, as I know some of them boys like the 1/4 mile.

You'll need to be running 11's though :tonguewink:

Got this just in case it's needed :)

VIper RS V06 Plain Helmet White 1

If you have a 500bhp B8 S4, then I would suggest you bring it as you will definitely be over 110mph at the line

Reactions: xpoweruk
If you have a 500bhp B8 S4, then I would suggest you bring it as you will definitely be over 110mph at the line

My thinking too mate.

Standard clutch may let me down though lol

How does that work exactly?
They say must use helmet if trapping over 110?
How would you know if your car did?

You get told at the end of the strip if you have exceeded 110mph if you are not wearing a helmet. It's then that you need to wear one from that point on, or you don't run!
In other words, you get a pass initially.

Last edited:
If PPl need one on the day they can borrow mine for a run

Just googled it, stage 1 APR on a stock car is trapping 114mph.... Helmet needed then!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Would be good to see your times Dan, I'll try and get down if I can in my Unicorn'd R.

I ran an 11.9 @ 114 last year on stage 1 and no other mods at Pod, would be good to beat it.

Would be good to see your times Dan, I'll try and get down if I can in my Unicorn'd R.

I ran an 11.9 @ 114 last year on stage 1 and no other mods at Pod, would be good to beat it.

Spread the word on the .:R forum pal. We could make this a good turn out if the weather is on our side (dry).

Spread the word on the .:R forum pal. We could make this a good turn out if the weather is on our side (dry).

Yeah if it's dry then it'll be good for times with the cold weather.

How's the A45? She mapped with any other mods yet?

Still got plenty of tread on the pilot super sports too, so fingers crossed with the newly improved gearbox software it should make a good time (weather permitting)
So I'm just as excited and curious as everyone else!

Need an RS3 too and it will be an interesting turn out, certainly something to look forward to during this dreary time of year!

Yeah if it's dry then it'll be good for times with the cold weather.

How's the A45? She mapped with any other mods yet?

Ok thanks mate. 20 months in and no regrets as yet.. lol.

Mod wise it just has a Stage 1 map and intake, so similar to yours mate.

Last edited:
Is it a case of just turn up or do you need to book on in advance? Thanks.

Can we have a confirmation of who's coming, so far I have:

Dandanfings
Vtecabuser
Xpoweruk
Olis3

Any more?

I'm a definite (unless the weather is against us )

Confirmed - so long as it stays dry for at least half the day.

long rage weather report .......
Weater

That doesn't read well :-(

However, most weather sites can't get it right when it's the day after, so we may be ok yet.. ;-)

this sounds good!!! i may be game

I'm trying to find something for my misses to do whilst I have fun. Can't see her sitting there freezing for hours

Pay no attention to the weather until 48hrs before.

Fingers crossed!

I'm trying to find something for my misses to do whilst I have fun. Can't see her sitting there freezing for hours
kinda had the same problem, so both myself and 73pop are leaving them at health spa for the day and picking them up after, that way everyone's a winner.