S3 Purchased! Roll on January...

dalemathieson

Reaction score
Just feel like letting the world know I've ordered my first brand new car, a significant upgrade on my current 1.4 8P A3!

Spec I decided to go for was:
  • 3 Door S3 in Sepang Blue
  • DSG (Was torn between DSG and Manual, initially thinking that DSG would be less fun and less user interactive - lets hope my initial thoughts are wrong! Went for DSG due to the sound on changing gear, the smoothness of changing gear and how quick it does so.)
  • Audi Sound System
  • Black Styling Package
  • Brake Callipers painted Red
  • Comfort Package
  • Door mirrors - electrically folding, adjustable and heated
  • Hold Assist
  • Inlays 3D design 'black'
  • Interior Lighting Package
  • Non-smoking package
  • Privacy Glass
  • Satellite Navigation System - SD card based
  • Super Sports Seats

Felt like if I was to buy a brand new car I may aswell spec it with everything that I want in it!

Was initially told delivery date would be November, unfortunately 2 days later all of the slots remaining for the November delivery date had been taken and the new motor is due to arrive Early January - with build week being in week 51.

Excited is an understatement and I cannot wait.

Reactions: Simon L, Daveotto, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Congratulations on the new car - nice belated Christmas present !!

Congrats mate. Same boat as you, looking at early Jan.

Lovely spec you're getting though. DSG was my choice also :)

Nice one. Mines coming home Monday.

Reactions: Sandra
Pretty much the same spec that I'm collecting tomorrow. I've waiting 11 weeks, instead of 14, so you never know, it may turn up earlier!

Congratulations on the new car - nice belated Christmas present !!
Was initially ordered as a happy 21st to me from me! Looks like it'll be a xmas present now however! ha

Hopefully I'll be in the same boat as you then Jay_A! Very impatient when it comes to thinks I'm excited about haha.

Cheers everyone, looking forward to joining the S3 club.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Very nice spec, wish I had gone for the sports seats...just for the look ;)

Ohhh you will be counting down the days soon ;) Out of interest how much does the S3 hit you for on insurance?

I found it cheaper than I was expecting, it only went up by £40 from a diesel 4x4 and with more/better cover!!! But alas I'm not 21 anymore so that helps :( Whilst on the subject, if you add an older relative as an extra driver it does come down a bit, I added my sister and it dropped by £20, never going to let her drive it though...but it's there just in case of emergency! :) Full comp with £150 excess, protected NCD, guaranteed hire car etc. came in at £302.

Nevermind soon, counting down the days already!:hubbahubba:

Current insurance with Admiral is ~£600 for a 2010 1.4TFSI A3 (with parents on as third name drivers), was surprised to see that the insurance only went up to £700 for the S3 (Without parents as named drivers). That's only with 1 year no claims (been a third name driver 2 years prior to that). They are both with a £1000 excess, but touch wood that will never have to be used!

Pretty much the same spec that I'm collecting tomorrow. I've waiting 11 weeks, instead of 14, so you never know, it may turn up earlier!
Hi Jay, how's the new car? Any pics? :) x

Good spec, I have a 3 door Sepang S3 and the Chrome looks great against the colour, personal choice obviously, but I'd say it one of the colours that benefit from the chrome.

Reactions: dalemathieson
Nevermind soon, counting down the days already!:hubbahubba:

Current insurance with Admiral is ~£600 for a 2010 1.4TFSI A3 (with parents on as third name drivers), was surprised to see that the insurance only went up to £700 for the S3 (Without parents as named drivers). That's only with 1 year no claims (been a third name driver 2 years prior to that). They are both with a £1000 excess, but touch wood that will never have to be used!
That's a decent price then. Have you tried Aviva? they do an app for you phone which monitors your driving for 200 mile, as long as you don't drive like a d*** for that 200 mile they give you 10% off your quote...or in your case it may even by 20% as your insurance is over £400. I'd also put your parents on as well to see if it drops anymore! It's always handy to have another insured driver for emergency use.

Just looked, 20% off if you pay over £400 http://www.aviva.co.uk/drive/

That's a decent price then. Have you tried Aviva? they do an app for you phone which monitors your driving for 200 mile, as long as you don't drive like a d*** for that 200 mile they give you 10% off your quote...or in your case it may even by 20% as your insurance is over £400. I'd also put your parents on as well to see if it drops anymore! It's always handy to have another insured driver for emergency use.

Just looked, 20% off if you pay over £400 http://www.aviva.co.uk/drive/

That sounds a good bit of information, cheers! Reckon it'd be alright to drive on the current Audi just to get a score and then take out the insurance on the S3?

After filling out the form I get this message:

"Based on the information you have given us, we are unable to offer you car insurance".

Doesn't surprise me to be honest, a few insurers had done similar such as LV and Direct Line. Purely based on age and the power of the car.

That's strange, I'd give them a call and ask why, I found they are very helpful when you call them. Especially if you say you have had quotes from their competition!

And yes, you can use the app in any car. I used it 3 months before I collected the S3, as I was doing a long drive that weekend and most of it was on a 70mph road so I just sat at 60 and slowed right down on every junction/bend/roundabout I came across until the 200 mile was done lol :)

Reactions: Sandra
Just thought I'd give out an update - Audi have brought the build date forward to the 23rd of November so 2 weeks faster than originally quoted. Hopefully this means with any luck with the delivery process; I might have the car by Christmas time!

I swear to god if this carries on I'm gonna be counting sepang s3's when I go to bed at night.......... ;)

Congrats mate, hope it arrives in time for crimbo :)

Reactions: Blackwhite
I swear to god if this carries on I'm gonna be counting sepang s3's when I go to bed at night.......... ;)

Congrats mate, hope it arrives in time for crimbo :)
Bit fed up myself...with this Sepang....mania...............but a least l have the now EXCLUSIVE...Lunatic Silver leather.........

also...its a bit lifeless round here at the moment.........Nae Banter....just peeps getting the Sepang Blues....lol

Reactions: Simon L and Blackwhite
Not really fussed if the sepang is common or not, at the end of the day it's a colour I like and having come from a white A3, didn't want another white one! Black was an option but just as common really. White and black cars are common in pretty much every other car make, at least the sepang is just Audi's!

At the end of the day it's what I like not what others think about it - that's how i'm thinking about it anyway!

There are lots of Sepang blue on here but how many do you see on the roads? I think I've only seen one in the flesh.

Reactions: Simon L
Bit fed up myself...with this Sepang....mania...............but a least l have the now EXCLUSIVE...Lunatic Silver leather.........

also...its a bit lifeless round here at the moment.........Nae Banter....just peeps getting the Sepang Blues....lol

It's not just me then mate!!

Must admit found myself chucking a couple of controversial comments around just to try and inject a bit of life into the proceedings, but got no bites at all !! lol

As far as sepang is concerned it's just the way things go, everything goes in circles.....just as likely the next 10 new orders will be Daytona and you can get yer own back and kick us in the goolies ;) (bit of a confession now.........I've never actually seen Sepang in the flesh!! )

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant, Jassyo06 and IanP82
It's not just me then mate!!

Must admit found myself chucking a couple of controversial comments around just to try and inject a bit of life into the proceedings, but got no bites at all !! lol

As far as sepang is concerned it's just the way things go, everything goes in circles.....just as likely the next 10 new orders will be Daytona and you can get yer own back and kick us in the goolies ;) (bit of a confession now.........I've never actually seen Sepang in the flesh!! )

Sepang in the flesh..yer missin nowt...fooker too keep in pristine condition....av got burnt in water marks on the bonnet,roof,hatch....probably because its been left on my mothers drive when on hols....Been busy this week,had to knock back that new job,because Jassy evel kinevil jnr...A.K.A...Jordan came off his mega dirt bike,broke 3 ribs puncture a lung..been in ICU since Sunday............he's out the woods now...but hey ye cant put a old head on young shoulders.......

Meanwhile back at the ranch...l think this VAG admitting cheatin on the demon derv thing is keeping the Audi Anoraks busy...zzzzzzzz

Sepang in the flesh..yer missin nowt...fooker too keep in pristine condition....av got burnt in water marks on the bonnet,roof,hatch....probably because its been left on my mothers drive when on hols....Been busy this week,had to knock back that new job,because Jassy evel kinevil jnr...A.K.A...Jordan came off his mega dirt bike,broke 3 ribs puncture a lung..been in ICU since Sunday............he's out the woods now...but hey ye cant put a old head on young shoulders.......

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Blimey man, no wonder your not yer normal chipper self!

Sounds like the sort of week that ages you 10 years or more.........................glad to hear he's on the mend though.

Kids eh, it's never dull that's for sure. My son asked me a few months ago if he could get a motorbike....................well, needless to say that was the shortest conversation in the history of the universe!! Felt bad to be honest, but my old lady never let me have one when I was about 15 and I got over it so......... would rather be able to sleep at night than worry myself stupid every time he's out ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Blimey man, no wonder your not yer normal chipper self!

Sounds like the sort of week that ages you 10 years or more.........................glad to hear he's on the mend though.

Kids eh, it's never dull that's for sure. My son asked me a few months ago if he could get a motorbike....................well, needless to say that was the shortest conversation in the history of the universe!! Felt bad to be honest, but my old lady never let me have one when I was about 15 and I got over it so......... would rather be able to sleep at night than worry myself stupid every time he's out ;)
yeah mate l dabbled in the bike thing at 18..asked for a shot of a guys suzuki 250cc at college,took it out for a wee birl with oot a bunnet...then got plundered by the "Force" for not wearing one,3 points lad...end of the bike dream.

As for aging??? never!!! Jassy crocket's..still got his my Miami vice highlights....and tan...

Not really fussed if the sepang is common or not, at the end of the day it's a colour I like and having come from a white A3, didn't want another white one! Black was an option but just as common really. White and black cars are common in pretty much every other car make, at least the sepang is just Audi's!

At the end of the day it's what I like not what others think about it - that's how i'm thinking about it anyway!

Chill dale it's a in "house/Forum Sepang joke...."...ps welcome kid...jammy ******

yeah mate l dabbled in the bike thing at 18..asked for a shot of a guys suzuki 250cc at college,took it out for a wee birl with oot a bunnet...then got plundered by the "Force" for not wearing one,3 points lad...end of the bike dream.

As for aging??? never!!! Jassy crocket's..still got his my Miami vice highlights....and tan...

Now that's more like it :) (bet yer tan ain't as good as mine though!)

As for my bike dream.....................ended when I sat on the back of a mate's Kawasaki 500 as he cornered at around 90............never been so s**t scared in my whole life!!

Now that's more like it :) (bet yer tan ain't as good as mine though!)

As for my bike dream.....................ended when I sat on the back of a mate's Kawasaki 500 as he cornered at around 90............never been so s**t scared in my whole life!!
AT 90...THE BROWN STUUFF..Must av been flowin there mate...lol ...

Aye ok yev got OLIVE SKIN...and thin ....lol....but Ye drive a Grey S3 SEDAN...........lol....

Chill dale it's a in "house/Forum Sepang joke...."...ps welcome kid...jammy ******

Wasn't exactly meant as a dig or anything, more just the fact that it's personal preference at the end of the day, not what everyone else thinks if there's a lot of them going about!

Does seem to be about 3 new sepangs per page though on the post your pics thread..

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Wasn't exactly meant as a dig or anything, more just the fact that it's personal preference at the end of the day, not what everyone else thinks if there's a lot of them going about!

Does seem to be about 3 new sepangs per page though on the post your pics thread..

Seems to be that way just now with this colour,it was a Exclusive colour...when the 8V S3 first came out...no doubt it will be some other exclusive Blue when they bring out the facelifted S3 or new yin...

Reactions: dalemathieson

It's a great colour and as IanP82 said above you're unlikely to see many out n about so it's all good in da hood ;)

Reactions: dalemathieson and Jassyo06
It's a great colour and as IanP82 said above you're unlikely to see many out n about so it's all good in da hood ;)
I think me and you....+ Veeight keep this forum busy,but for different reasons................lol

AT 90...THE BROWN STUUFF..Must av been flowin there mate...lol ...

Aye ok yev got OLIVE SKIN...and thin ....lol....but Ye drive a Grey S3 SEDAN...........lol....

........emm, grey S3 sedan..................does sound kinda boring when you put it like that! lol

Mmm getting a bit fed up that other people are getting their S3's so quickly !
Mine is taking about 22 weeks...

Jassy 0006 Hope your son is feeling better soon
Why are you not taking sales job , is it because you couldn't start asap ?
Just nosey as was looking forward to updates re training sales etc etc ....