2016 8V A3/S3 Facelift Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the details from the Geneva Motor Show there is no mention so far of the facelift for the A3 range.

Best thing to come out of Geneva so far:

Reactions: rcnacura and Pulp84
Has anybody seen the newly announced Q2? It bears a certain family resemblance to the A3 and is almost the same size. Different market, I know, but I wonder if it contains clues as to future (if not facelifted) incarnations of the A3.

Dealer let slip today that they're expecting facelift cars to be built starting around week 24-26.

Not sure how reliable that snippet is as he can be a bit of a space cadet sometimes! But means a reveal at Beijing could be on the cards...

Dealer let slip today that they're expecting facelift cars to be built starting around week 24-26.

Not sure how reliable that snippet is as he can be a bit of a space cadet sometimes! But means a reveal at Beijing could be on the cards...
That's the same timescale my dealer has been given so perhaps it's somewhere near right. My dealer has promised to send me a copy of the Model Year update details as soon as he gets them. Usually around mid-April.

Has anybody seen the newly announced Q2? It bears a certain family resemblance to the A3 and is almost the same size. Different market, I know, but I wonder if it contains clues as to future (if not facelifted) incarnations of the A3.

Interestingly the new Q2 dash is very similar to the A3 dash apart from the pop up screen. Much re-use of the exsisting MQB derived parts bin. It also has the digital dash from the TT if you spec it.

The Passat is getting the digital dash soon and that has a pretty identical MIB3 system as the mk7 Golf. I'm thinking the facelift will definitely get this feature.

I'm still thinking Q3 / Q4 launch for the faceliftest too. Don't think we will see it before the summer......

I think we are more or less sure that the A3 will feature the virtual cockpit, what isn't sure though is whether it'll still have a pop up screen...

I think we are more or less sure that the A3 will feature the virtual cockpit, what isn't sure though is whether it'll still have a pop up screen...

Virtual cockpit alone is a deal breaker for me
But l just can't see them deleting it

Virtual cockpit is an option (in the US, option on Premium Plus and standard on prestige) in the A4, so I highly doubt it would be standard in the A3.

I'm hopeful that the Q2 uses some of the same MMI technology as the A3 (given the similarities in look and the fact that it's built on MBQ), because it supports android auto/carplay, which should mean this is coming to the A3. Even more of a stretch, but hoping this means we can upgrade existing A3 systems (even if Audi doesn't "officially" support an upgrade)

Reactions: gamegenie
Virtual cockpit is an option (in the US, option on Premium Plus and standard on prestige) in the A4, so I highly doubt it would be standard in the A3.

I'm hopeful that the Q2 uses some of the same MMI technology as the A3 (given the similarities in look and the fact that it's built on MBQ), because it supports android auto/carplay, which should mean this is coming to the A3. Even more of a stretch, but hoping this means we can upgrade existing A3 systems (even if Audi doesn't "officially" support an upgrade)

Audi to give the A3 virtual cockpit standard eh.....?maybe on the S3/RS3..... or they will reduce the the price of the VC in a "Package" which will no doubt be the case,, nobody has said lt will be standard on the A3 anyway...it will read something along these lines..."Technology Package plus " £2,200" somethings work better together so we have joined these features incorporating etc etc Just to rip more money out of the you, the customer lol
Don't you just love that phrase "Somethings work better together" on the Audi website.... A sure sign it's going to be very expensive Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Kugaman1, 5pot, DAYTONA 500 and 1 other person
Audi to give the A3 virtual cockpit standard eh.....?maybe on the S3/RS3..... or they will reduce the the price of the VC in a "Package" which will no doubt be the case,, nobody has said lt will be standard on the A3 anyway...it will read something along these lines..."Technology Package plus " £2,200" somethings work well together so we have joined these features incorporating etc etc Just to rip more money out of the you, the customer lol
Don't you just love that phrase "Somethings work well together" on the Audi website.... Lol

If you spec up a new A4 the options list is incredible and you can easily rack up mega bucks !

If the facelift does get virtual cockpit for cost premium I'm sure as the A4 you will have to spec other options to get it such as tech pack high etc ... plus I'm sure there will be one or two other 'tempting' extras a la matrix lights which could be £1500 upgrade on xenon car or £1000 on LED car. Then I'm sure discounts will be minimal to start with so you may need deep pockets when the face lift does arrive ... especially if you want a nicely specced car.

I know the RS3 is the most I have ever spent on extras but I knew I would regret not speccing certain things so had to bite the bullet ... whether I'll get the extras back in residual 3 years down the line only time will tell.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and Jassyo06
I wouldn't pay the extra for the virtual cockpit, I had a TT for a few hours the week before last and I wasn't blown away by it! And I like tech/gadgets!!!

@wideboybloke As for the Q2 I think it looks good and have to agree with Auto Express that they will sell a lot!

I wouldn't pay the extra for the virtual cockpit, I had a TT for a few hours the week before last and I wasn't blown away by it! And I like tech/gadgets!!!

@wideboybloke As for the Q2 I think it looks good and have to agree with Auto Express that they will sell a lot!

On it's own no,but conjunction with the retractable 6-5 inch screen,it would look very classy indeed yeah l would pay for it

Last edited:
If you spec up a new A4 the options list is incredible and you can easily rack up mega bucks !

If the facelift does get virtual cockpit for cost premium I'm sure as the A4 you will have to spec other options to get it such as tech pack high etc ... plus I'm sure there will be one or two other 'tempting' extras a la matrix lights which could be £1500 upgrade on xenon car or £1000 on LED car. Then I'm sure discounts will be minimal to start with so you may need deep pockets when the face lift does arrive ... especially if you want a nicely specced car.

I know the RS3 is the most I have ever spent on extras but I knew I would regret not speccing certain things so had to bite the bullet ... whether I'll get the extras back in residual 3 years down the line only time will tell.
Only keeping the car for 3year's Snake,well l suppose it's better than me,trying to get rid of the S3 after only one year lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and DAYTONA 500
Only keeping the car for 3year's Snake,well l suppose it's better than me,trying to get rid of the S3 after only one year lol

ha ha ... I'm already planning a face lift 'black edition' (with virtual cokpit & matrix lights lol) for March 2019 :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Have to say, I wasn't keen on the q2 look at first, but then I saw it in this colour with the black rotar alloys and I love it!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 414
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 422
BW 39 (Sept) for A3/S3 facelift models beginning production, first cars on the roads in late October. RS3 FL to follow 6 weeks later. Info from Audi UK rep.

If Audi had given the A3,S3, RS3 the correct instrument cluster dash from the get go. I wouldn't even care much for the VCP.

A3conceptcluster.jpg

Instead Audi didn't 'Stay Uncompromised'.

A3cluster.jpg

If Audi had given the A3,S3, RS3 the correct instrument cluster dash from the get go. I wouldn't even care much for the VCP.

A3conceptcluster.jpg

A3conceptcluster2.jpg

Instead Audi didn't 'Stay Uncompromised'.

A3cluster.jpg
Yer never going to get over that A3 sedan CONCEPT CAR.......are you? lol

Reactions: gamegenie
Those cream dials look more like they come from a antique smiths alarm clock, far prefer the black version as the needles stand out far better, perhaps the engineers who test them think so too.
ChrisUK, I agree a very nice colour and from what I understand the target group for the Q2 means it will also get less conservative colours than normally found on a Audi...
I used to be a ChrisUK as well but one of my female american friends renamed it to cuke...

Last edited:
Reactions: DH81 and hood
As long as remains an option and I can order my next A3 without it!!

Audi have already confirmed the virtual cockpit for the A3 facelift - it'll just be an expensive option - we'll also get that new wheel design. The Q2 is maybe an alternative to the A3 for me. I'm going to drive one before ordering a new A3.

I wonder will they make Xenons standard for the sport and LEDs standard for the Sline. Seem to be doing that in other models.

Audi have already confirmed the virtual cockpit for the A3 facelift - it'll just be an expensive option - we'll also get that new wheel design. The Q2 is maybe an alternative to the A3 for me. I'm going to drive one before ordering a new A3.

I wonder will they make Xenons standard for the sport and LEDs standard for the Sline. Seem to be doing that in other models.
Xenons are old school and cheaper,but saying that just as effective if not more ye can design a smaller sleeker headlight using leds

Reactions: pburv
Me too I have asked my local dealership to let me know when they get one in. If the 2.0l 248ps engine comes to the uk, and with a weight of 1205kg's, it'll be fairly rapid..

Me too I have asked my local dealership to let me know when they get one in. If the 2.0l 248ps engine comes to the uk, and with a weight of 1205kg's, it'll be fairly rapid..

My thoughts exactly.

The models at Geneva put me off at first, but in Daytona with a nice set of wheels, I think it looks pretty decent.
1456771267726.jpg

Reactions: rigger, Scottyg and pburv
a160991_medium.jpg

That'll be the new A3 interior, then - the wheel and virtual cockpit, anyway.

Yeah, don't like the colours aimed at 'young' buyers..

I'm in that demographic, yet my last 3 audi's have been grey with black interiors. Some car manufacturors seem to think that young people only like gharish colours. I guarantee that this car will sell the highest numbers in monochrome.

My thoughts exactly.

The models at Geneva put me off at first, but in Daytona with a nice set of wheels, I think it looks pretty decent.
1456771267726.jpg

Yer having a laugh, there's a Ara Blue Crystal painted Q2 at the show and it looked ****** AWESOME....best colour just watch the Autogefuhl presentation....of the Q2 firstly they show the Q2 in Misano...then yer eyes open wide..as.they show you the car in Ara Blue Crystal.....it looked awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
Yer having a laugh, there's a Ara Blue Crystal painted Q2 at the show and it looked ****** AWESOME....best colour just watch the Autogefuhl presentation....of the Q2 firstly they show the Q2 in Misano...then yer eyes open wide..as.they show you the car in Ara Blue Crystal.....it looked awesome
8181858_audi-q2-small-suv-debuts-at-geneva-another_te35b4344.jpg
This one?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Well it's all a matter of opinion really so we're all correct. Personally I don't like the blue because I find it looks like a plain base colour when the sun isn't out. The majority of metallic paints look good under flurescent lighting whatever...

I'm in that demographic, yet my last 3 audi's have been grey with black interiors. Some car manufacturors seem to think that young people only like gharish colours. I guarantee that this car will sell the highest numbers in monochrome.
Indeed, I'm a thirty-something city dweller and am very happy with my Daytona Grey A3. Understated elegance is a factor that attracted me to the Audi brand in the first place.

Yup, so understated that to the casual viewer it is difficult to tell the difference between a sline and a s3 saloon...

Reactions: veeeight
Yup, so understated that to the casual viewer it is difficult to tell the difference between a sline and a s3 saloon...
Yes, but still a lot more understated than certain other options. Take the Focus RS for example; by all accounts a great car and good value, but too loud and "in your face" for me.

Agreed, it does shout, however look at pictures of it in grey instead of the blue and suddenly its all toned down...

Status
Not open for further replies.