HELP! how can i tell the difference between adaptive DRL Xenons headlights and non adaptive

kiani

Reaction score
Got a xenon DRL headlight cant tell if its adaptive or not

I have been told there is a code on the sticker, but i dont know what thr code is supposed to read for adaptive xenon if that makes sense. Lol

The part number denotes & also the colour of the internals are either silver or black.

What are you attempting to do?

Retro fitting them onto a 2006 a3. Do you know what part number is for adaptive xenons?

The code on mine reads
8p0 941 029 BF

Also what adaptor is required, (my car is not fitted with xenons as standard)

Can i buy any bi xenon light (non adaptive) and have it fitted or do i need to match the code?

the last two letters stipulate which model they are.
BF like yours is standard xenon suitable for RHD UK roads.

But they are for 2008 onwards models not 2006. So you would need full front end in order to fit them.

Adapters can be bought from eBay or kufatec but I avoid kufatec as there is always problems with them.

I like yo re-pin a new headlight plug rather than use adapters looks more OEM.

As long as your new xenons end in BF they will work fine once fitted and coded.

But they are for 2008 onwards models not 2006. So you would need full front end in order to fit them.

Adapters can be bought from eBay or kufatec but I avoid kufatec as there is always problems with them.

Do you have a link for the OEM plugs mate?

Yes the car is facelifted and is not xenon fitted from factory, currently has halogens but want to upgrade to xenons.

So if someone could kindly give me a list of parts required so i can get the ball rolling

The headlights your trying to fit are for 2008 onwards with that part number supplied. Not a direct fit into your car as it's different model. Unless your car already has the facelift done?

I have a set of bixenon 06-08 adaptive headlights for sale, do you want a supply/fit solution?

Ah just saw the facelifted remark :p

The headlights your trying to fit are for 2008 onwards with that part number supplied. Not a direct fit into your car as it's different model. Unless your car already has the facelift done?
The car has been face lifted

I have a set of bixenon 06-08 adaptive headlights for sale, do you want a supply/fit solution?

Ah just saw the facelifted remark :p

How much are we talking for coding as i have the lights and can fit them. Just want to know what else is required i.e adaptors, been told i might need a control box and maybe a DRL switch

With your car been 2006 model it will have the F module which accepts coding for the LED xenons. No DRL switch is needed unless you wanna turn them off? All you need is adapters or re-pin your current headlight plug and then coding via VCDS job done.

With your car been 2006 model it will have the F module which accepts coding for the LED xenons. No DRL switch is needed unless you wanna turn them off? All you need is adapters or re-pin your current headlight plug and then coding via VCDS job done.
Thats fine pal, thank you for the help! :)