yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Haha, can't believe people are upset that their rear calipers don't have a little sticker.

I think I'll live without it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I sympathise with them as it does look better with the cover. It sounds like Audi saved some costs and changed the design late last year.

I'm sure the rest of the car will make up for it though!

Left Ingolstadt!

Wasn’t expecting this as thought everything would shut down for Easter.

Reactions: Philio
Just checked the tracker and my build week has jumped from w/c 30th April to w/c 16th April. Happy Days, getting a bit fed up of driving my Mums Kia Picanto while I await delivery. Can't come soon enough.

Just checked the tracker and my build week has jumped from w/c 30th April to w/c 16th April. Happy Days, getting a bit fed up of driving my Mums Kia Picanto while I await delivery. Can't come soon enough.
Keep an eye on it, might start production even earlier (mine did).

Nice spec BTW!

Now it’s getting close think I will struggle to stay away. Owned a few Audi’s in the past between myself and my wife so looking forward to being back in one. She is eyeing up a Q2 now so collection day will mostly be spent keeping her away from Salesmen.

Back from hols and cant wait till pick up on Thursday, car is all registered and ready to go, just a shame work delaying things till Thursday. Need to see if the old B6 will start as been sitting in the drive for last 4 weeks............ Be nice to drive a car again, I love my Defender but its defo not ideal on an everyday basis.

Keep an eye on it, might start production even earlier (mine did).

Nice spec BTW!

That's good to know, just back from a weekend in Scotland and of course this was the first thing I checked on return, my build date is currently in June!!! Current lease runs out beginning of July so I really hope it will start moving forward this.

My car has been at the German port for 12 days now...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Adrian76
Got the "And we're off" email yesterday but the tracker is still showing as build commencing 9th April.:blink:

I would have thought the email would have generated once the tracker updated but it seems not.

Presumably mine is at the port now waiting for a boat as "left Ingolstadt" last Friday.

Thought watching it progress through the build was bad enough but knowing it's now built and (slowly) making its way to me is excruciating.

Reactions: NevMan
Mines in the country woo hoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DohNut
Guys, according to my online Audi account:

Your A4 Avant is expected to begin construction on 25th June 2018.

The order was placed with my dealer on 23rd March and at the time my dealer said he was expecting the car to be delivered by 30th June. I guess there's absolutely zero chance of that happening now? lol I just hope the dealer honours the price which is a nice 11k off list price, as that includes 6k scrappage for my old diesel banger.

Guys, according to my online Audi account:

Your A4 Avant is expected to begin construction on 25th June 2018.

The order was placed with my dealer on 23rd March and at the time my dealer said he was expecting the car to be delivered by 30th June. I guess there's absolutely zero chance of that happening now? lol I just hope the dealer honours the price which is a nice 11k off list price, as that includes 6k scrappage for my old diesel banger.

It's not impossible, build dates do get brought forward. My dealer estimated June delivery back when I ordered in Jan. Build date was originally around May 20th, then after a week or two it got brought forward to about April 21st, and then brought forward again to March 19th. Mine is now built and waiting for a boat to arrive in Germany for shipping to the UK..

Similar could happen for you.

Yep, as documented here mine was due to be built end of April but like kmanmx is currently waiting for a boat.

Yep, as documented here mine was due to be built end of April but like kmanmx is currently waiting for a boat.

Ha..yeah im getting a bit impatient now, it's supposed to take 10 days max from what i've seen. Now about to roll into the 15th day :(

So now 4 months since order placed and still no confirmation and no estimated build week. Dealer has not responded to requests for details of what allocation they have and where my car is on 'the list'. They just are sticking to the "high demand causing delays" line. Customer services unable to get any more detail from dealer either. Has now been escalated with customer services and a Case Manager is due to ring me within 48 hours (not including weekends), so lets see what next week brings.

So now 4 months since order placed and still no confirmation and no estimated build week. Dealer has not responded to requests for details of what allocation they have and where my car is on 'the list'. They just are sticking to the "high demand causing delays" line. Customer services unable to get any more detail from dealer either. Has now been escalated with customer services and a Case Manager is due to ring me within 48 hours (not including weekends), so lets see what next week brings.
High Demand??? Have you seen the stories in the press about record low new car orders?

High Demand??? Have you seen the stories in the press about record low new car orders?

Yes, it smells fishy to me! Considering the dealer (fleet sales since it's PCH) told me I "wasn't very important to Audi, it's not like I'm someone who orders 1000 cars" then I'm assuming they are putting a load of corporate cars in front of mine as higher priority, but who knows. Not really something you should say to a customer though, no matter how true it is!

If it wasn't for being such a good deal that I can't get anywhere else now, then I'd have cancelled long ago.

Mine has arrived at the dealers. Handover towards the end of next week!

Reactions: NevMan and DohNut
So my Audi dealer just contacted me. They have my registration number, yey!

Though it's a bit odd, they've asked me to scan over some more documents once i've signed them. Fine, that is to be expected. But after they've received the scans back and confirmed they're okay, I have to post the originals off too with my photocard license, and I only get my driving license back when the car is delivered!

Bit of a weird process. I find it incredible that we are nearly in the futuristic 2020's with self driving cars and virtual assistants, and yet here I am having to post off some physical pieces of paper like a 19th century sucker.

So my Audi dealer just contacted me. They have my registration number, yey!

Though it's a bit odd, they've asked me to scan over some more documents once i've signed them. Fine, that is to be expected. But after they've received the scans back and confirmed they're okay, I have to post the originals off too with my photocard license, and I only get my driving license back when the car is delivered!

Bit of a weird process. I find it incredible that we are nearly in the futuristic 2020's with self driving cars and virtual assistants, and yet here I am having to post off some physical pieces of paper like a 19th century sucker.

Is this Leasing?

I've had 3 cars previously bought remotely. They accepted scanned copies of everything. This time they wanted the originals including the License. When I questioned it I was told it's a new requirement of VWFS to have originals witnessed at dealership.

They do accept going to another dealer if its in the same group if you have one closer.

Reactions: kmanmx
I've had 3 cars previously bought remotely. They accepted scanned copies of everything. This time they wanted the originals including the License. When I questioned it I was told it's a new requirement of VWFS to have originals witnessed at dealership.

They do accept going to another dealer if its in the same group if you have one closer.

Thanks. Sounds the same as what they've asked me to do then. It's not really a problem, I just thought it was a little odd.

Hopefully this is a sign I should be getting my car soon...

Case manager called and explained that he has spoken to dealer who is now claiming parts shortages in the factory are delaying the order, and it is therefore out of their hands. However, Audi CS themselves are saying the the dealer hasn't put my order into their quota/allocation, so would seem to be the dealer's issue! I've told him he needs to clarify exactly what the issue is and get me all the details.

He did start the conversation by offering some Audi Vouchers for Merchanise/servicing for the inconvenience, but didn't detail how much. If I can get enough vouchers to cover my Oil and Inspection service on my current car that I would need to service to extend the lease on, then I'd be happy.

So just received the And we are off email yet the tracker still shows build commencing next week. Fingers crossed it appears before the end of the month, or soon after. I have to return my borrowed car at the end of the month and would need to hire something for the interim, would be to much to expect it in country by then I think. But here is hoping!!!!

Case manager called and explained that he has spoken to dealer who is now claiming parts shortages in the factory are delaying the order, and it is therefore out of their hands. However, Audi CS themselves are saying the the dealer hasn't put my order into their quota/allocation, so would seem to be the dealer's issue! I've told him he needs to clarify exactly what the issue is and get me all the details.

He did start the conversation by offering some Audi Vouchers for Merchanise/servicing for the inconvenience, but didn't detail how much. If I can get enough vouchers to cover my Oil and Inspection service on my current car that I would need to service to extend the lease on, then I'd be happy.

Just to recap... you ordered the car directly through Audi in Dec having paid a deposit and 4 months later you still haven’t got a confirmed order and your dealer is still feeding you dodgy stories about parts shortages?

Just to recap... you ordered the car directly through Audi in Dec having paid a deposit and 4 months later you still haven’t got a confirmed order and your dealer is still feeding you dodgy stories about parts shortages?
To add to that I placed my order on 16th February at 12:51, had my order confirmation with order number by 13:53 - it took a few days to appear on the Audi Tracker and had an estimated build week of 30th April, it has today gone into manufacture according to the email I received. I think parts shortage is a complete lie to be fair. Oh and my dealer was clear at time of ordering that they had no cars in the system they could alter and it would be a complete fresh order with 10 - 12 weeks wait for build.

Correct!! As I said, it was a good deal that currently can't be matched, otherwise I'd be long gone.

Sounds a bit like someone has maybe made a c*ck up on the figures and they are hoping you will cancel and go elsewhere, mine was ordered 9th Jan 18 and was at the dealers on 22nd March 2018, complete fresh order that I changed several times going from an sline to a black edition about a month after the order was placed.

Order has now appeared on the tracker, really looking forward to this.

7E333936 A181 4589 904A 467D7294DD97

Reactions: DohNut
Correct!! As I said, it was a good deal that currently can't be matched, otherwise I'd be long gone.
Surely the deal is irrelevant now. They offered it and you accepted it. They are basically failing on their promise to order/deliver you the car you have paid a deposit for and furthermore it sounds like they are lying to you to cover their tracks.

Mate you need to start busting balls here. This is appalling service/behaviour.

Surely the deal is irrelevant now. They offered it and you accepted it. They are basically failing on their promise to order/deliver you the car you have paid a deposit for and furthermore it sounds like they are lying to you to cover their tracks.

Mate you need to start busting balls here. This is appalling service/behaviour.

You ain't wrong, it's pretty shocking in my view, and I'm making sure they know it.

Getting nowhere though. The latest from CS is "they are an independent franchise and we can't force them to compensate you or cover any hire car costs etc for your period without a car due to this delay!". Another call from them tomorrow hopefully to see what value of Audi Vouchers CS are prepared to offer.

Just a heads up to those who've gone for the Audi diesel scrappage scheme and have a build week in June. As you will know the original t&c's of the offer state that the vehicle must be registered by 30th June, however this seems unlikely for some (my build week is 25th June). Highland Audi have confirmed to me that Audi UK have told them that they will honour the scrappage offer even if the car is registered beyond 30th June. So for peace of mind you won't lose out on the deal. With the scrappage deal thrown in i'm getting £11k off list price for my A4 Avant :)

Reactions: NevMan and DohNut
You ain't wrong, it's pretty shocking in my view, and I'm making sure they know it.

Getting nowhere though. The latest from CS is "they are an independent franchise and we can't force them to compensate you or cover any hire car costs etc for your period without a car due to this delay!". Another call from them tomorrow hopefully to see what value of Audi Vouchers CS are prepared to offer.
Perhaps worth getting in touch with the local trading standards office?