Avoid this guy breaking an S3 on eBay!

g60go

Reaction score
alright people,I'm having a bit of a nightmare with a guy on eBay at the moment breaking an s3,alarm bells should have rung really as he's only got 2 feedback in 5yrs but I guess he just uses eBay for advertising. Anyway he's got an s3 on there for breaking,I approached him on some parts as someone has reversed into the front bumper of my car and broken some parts,he was most helpful to start with supplying me with his PayPal address etc,luckily I never sent it as a 'gift' as his feedback didn't convince me.so I sent him over some money and that's exactly where the communications stopped. His mobile phone number is clearly on the advert to see,messaged him loads of times(he's always been straight back with a reply before money was sent!) to see if the parts have been sent as this is well over a week ago,I know he's read my messages as he has an iPhone same as me and I can see he's read my messages.....but he ignores them! So I'm going through a paypal dispute at the moment that he's still refusing to reply to(I'm sure he thought I was just going to let it lie coz he's in mainland UK and I'm in the Isle of Man!) so just be warned people,here's his advert,his name is William McGuire.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231578187633?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Gutted for you mate...
I just sent him a message... Do you still have the rear bumper and what condition is it in?

Lets see what goes on...

I'm not too worried just yet mate,PayPal are dealing with it so I 'should' be refunded the full amount,it's £70 he owes me which isn't a huge amount but if he does it to a few people he's got himself quite a little earner! I just wanted to put it out there not to send him any money,especially if it's not covered with PayPal! Let us know if he replies,if he does,tell him to send me a reply!

Really??? That's interesting! The name PayPal gave me is William J McGuire!

I might have a look on Facebook later to see if I can find it!

The fellas name is Arron Smith, loads of people been having problems with him on the VAG parts facebook page as well... The guy looks like a right little scrot bag as well!

Name and shame...

Sounds to me like he's on the boundaries of being fraudulent...... Punishable by rectal invasion of a BAM charge pipe. The turbo end! As it so happens I have a spare one laying about somewhere!

Im having same issue, now I've read this I will be opening a dispute lTer tonight paid for a cup holder on the 8th still haven't got it.

That's good to know,just went on his Facebook page and it turns out he knows somebody that I know! So I've just messaged our 'mutual friend' for his address because I'm over in England in 3wks and if the money issue isn't sorted,I will be going round to insert his bottle of Jack Daniels somewhere!

Reactions: Grale1
I'm still a bit confused about the William McGuire bit though!!!! Gotta be the same guy though!

obviously a scammer with the paypal account under a different name to make scamming easier!

Report him on ebay?

Always always always use PayPal for Internet transactions and NEVER send money as a gift .. If you did you are not covered and will not get refunded.

G60go - did the right thing and should get a full refund , I'd report him to ebay and the police and if there is loads of people who have all been done over I'd ask them to do the same.. It is theft and fraud after all

Just a warning folks a mate of mine got burnt a few years ago by a scammer like this ... Don't risk losing your hard earned money to fraudulent people like this by sending them gift payments so they avoid PayPal fees because like my friend you won't be covered

He's done loads of people on the VAG Facebook page - a few people on there managed to track him down!

Surely someone must've paid him a visit before now if he's been doing it for a while! He's got a set of s3 brakes on eBay for sale at the minute,I'm thinking of getting my mate across on the mainland to buy them and messaging him for his address so when I'm over in a few weeks I can go and 'collect my brakes!'. But yes definately,as above,as soon as this is sorted I'm gonna be reporting him to eBay.

He's done loads of people on the VAG Facebook page - a few people on there managed to track him down!

Can u show me what this page looks like mate? I'd like to have a look for myself?

I'm unsure if they've caught up with him or received their money back, but I believe it was himself and a mate scamming people.

Can u show me what this page looks like mate? I'd like to have a look for myself?

I'll try and find it mate - on the Facebook page its just (VAG parts and cars for sale)

image_zpsoux8wnbd.jpg.html

He's sceptical about giving his address out , he gave someone the wrong address (probably thinking someone wanted there money back) and then text him on the day of the collection with a right address. The look of them says it all and I'm suprised people paid them through gifts.

Been seen off for £20 from this little c*nt! Lesson learnt on my part! payed by gift. Effing annoying all the same! What goes around comes around!

I opened a dispute over the weekend as of yet no response from him yet luckily I never send me via PayPal as gift and never do bank transfers either

I've still had no response from him regarding the dispute I've escalated to a claim almost a week ago either. Hopefully PayPal will decide in my favour,otherwise,when I'm over in a few weeks the A&E trip may be coming sooner than he thinks'

Sounds like this chap needs some karma to catch up with him. Rushden isn't far away from me either.

Someone on VAG Parts last week posted a video of them catching up to a scammer... it involved a molotov cocktail and the scammers car, should happen more often (providing nobody innocent gets caught up in it obviously)

Someone on VAG Parts last week posted a video of them catching up to a scammer... it involved a molotov cocktail and the scammers car, should happen more often (providing nobody innocent gets caught up in it obviously)

I'd like to see that video!

it didn't stay online very long, he had second thoughts not long after posting it! he was sending it out to people via pm for a while afterwards though

Arson = a serious amount of time behind bars

Woah....
Steady on now voorhees...
Can't we just flame him a little? >.<

i couldn't agree more, i would love to see the police take a interest in things like this, and see things out properly but unfortunately they don't (at least in my experience anyways). Seeing someone get their just deserts one way or another is refreshing compared to people usually getting away with it and making a nice little tax free earning on the side

Thought I'd say that I got a full refund this morning after ebay looked into the case. I'm lucky as I don't buy bits where people ask to cover the fee. Hope everyone else has the same outcome I have if you've despt with this scammer

Reactions: voorhees
Glad you got your money back mate! Today was the final day for mr smith/mr McGuire to give a response to PayPal as to where my parts are....... Funnily enough there hasn't been a reply from him/them! So tomorrow hopefully I will get a reply from PayPal to say I've had my money refunded.....! But in the meantime I've been doing my research,turns out mr Aaron smith who was mentioned above is actually the offender and funnily enough mr William McGuire is a good mate of his......who I paypal'd the money to. So I now know what they both look like,what they drive,where they both work and where at least one if them live! Roll on tomorrow!

Reactions: A3-Lee
So,yesterday PayPal made their decision,and rightly so in my favour! So mr smith and mr McGuire,your anus' have been spared,for the time-being at least,I hope sometime soon u rip someone off and they eventually get their hands round both your necks and give both of you what u needed long ago!

Reactions: A3-Lee and Grale1