RS3 500+ VS S3 400+

TTE Si

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
MRC RS3 TTE500 525PS 721 NM (Alastair Brown)

ECOTUNE S3 TTE420 432PS 617NM (Liam Bryce)

Damp/wet conditions

Reactions: Marshy, Mario8P, Jake 61 and 1 other person
And I thought the video was gonna be good?!

My diesel would smoke them both haha

Reactions: Mario8P and Jake 61
:lmfao:
I have a picture in my mind of the S3 and the RS3 colliding in a cloud while the TDi beats it up the road...!
:lmfao:

Reactions: Sayam
Experienced Allys car personally and the things a beast... There was a better video than that floating about tho Si..

For what they are tho, theres not much in it..

Reactions: Mario8P
Experienced Allys car personally and the things a beast... There was a better video than that floating about tho Si..

For what they are tho, theres not much in it..

Ally sent me the video ?

Liams S3 hangs on well! And did actually win that day in its class 12.06 1/4

Ally did 11.5

Both times in damp/wet conditions

I'll beat them both round my estate, keeping to the limits obviously

Reactions: Jake 61
yes they're really fast cars 11.6 quater mile with tte 450 upgrade.

On a prep'd dry track.. Crail Raceway is like racing down your local cobblestone road and it was also damp

To put it in perspective a Golf 7R Stage 1 Revo/APR would do 11.9 to 12.0 at Pod or Shakespeare (Both very well prep'd Strips) but at Crail they are lucky to see 12.5/12.6

Last edited:
Reactions: Allman45 and Mario8P
Impressive. I wonder how the engine copes with the bigger blower, must be under alot more pressure.

The block is very tough.

Head also flows very well without any work,and even with a turbo like mine(a modified GTX3582),the engine copes very well indeed,so there would be no likely issues with either of Simon's turbos.

Reactions: Allman45
The block is very tough.

Head also flows very well without any work,and even with a turbo like mine(a modified GTX3582),the engine copes very well indeed,so there would be no likely issues with either of Simon's turbos.

Good to hear from an experienced tuner like yourself Alex. So the clutch is the only weak point then?

I have a friend with a stage 2+ Golf ED30 and after giving it big licks it will spit oil into the exhaust (minimal), he was advised it was because the engine is under so much pressure with the high tune.

Is the S3 block more robust than the 230 engine in the golf?

Good to hear from an experienced tuner like yourself Alex. So the clutch is the only weak point then?

I have a friend with a stage 2+ Golf ED30 and after giving it big licks it will spit oil into the exhaust (minimal), he was advised it was because the engine is under so much pressure with the high tune.

ED30 got the same engine as S3

Red has answered the block question,but if the car is smoking on the overrun,it's more likely to be the turbo oil seals are about done.

Red has answered the block question,but if the car is smoking on the overrun,it's more likely to be the turbo oil seals are about done.

It uses a little oil and smokes when it's been pushed a lot. Otherwise fine

It uses a little oil and smokes when it's been pushed a lot. Otherwise fine

Does sound a bit like oil seals.

Mine runs a lot more boost than a Stg2+ car,and doesn't smoke(or at least not now that I've got rid of the RS4 injectors!)

Reactions: Allman45
Does sound a bit like oil seals.

Mine runs a lot more boost than a Stg2+ car,and doesn't smoke(or at least not now that I've got rid of the RS4 injectors!)

Does yours have stock internals and same compression as stock though? What was wrong with the injectors? No good?