2.5 TDI Non-Start

Nosabli

Reaction score
hi there,good morning:

After long research come discover you. what behind me here is this: I have an Audi A4 2.5 TDI 2004 (b6 bdz), and since September that it is in the garage because of problems with the injection pump, first bought the electronic part (edc) and I again put the pump. the car does not start, so I decided to buy a bomb in second hand with warranty, once placed in the car, got in it, do not start. In VCDs diagnostics says: without communication with pump, immobilizer stops the start of the engine
Apparently, according to what researched and the mechanic, the pump requires a password, which he places with the help of VCDs and accepts the code but when you restart all comes back to what it was before, in other words the pump does not accept be recoded. one of the solutions given to me would be the pump is reset to then be coded. I wonder if there is any possibility to do this? thanks for listening, and I apologize for my bad writing.

hi there,good morning:

After long research come discover you. what behind me here is this: I have an Audi A4 2.5 TDI 2004 (b6 bdz), and since September that it is in the garage because of problems with the injection pump, first bought the electronic part (edc) and I again put the pump. the car does not start, so I decided to buy a bomb in second hand with warranty, once placed in the car, got in it, do not start. In VCDs diagnostics says: without communication with pump, immobilizer stops the start of the engine
Apparently, according to what researched and the mechanic, the pump requires a password, which he places with the help of VCDs and accepts the code but when you restart all comes back to what it was before, in other words the pump does not accept be recoded. one of the solutions given to me would be the pump is reset to then be coded. I wonder if there is any possibility to do this? thanks for listening, and I apologize for my bad writing.
Was the new pump exactly the same part number as the one you removed of the car ? The immo part from the pump needs programming and you can only do that if you know the old passwords from both cars or get it rebuilt with a fresh EDC. Audi done that in such a way to minimize chances of people using 2nd hand parts on these cars...

:( i just have the code of my old one is a 7 digitis but propely 5 ? i same time i have my old pump fitted with a brand new edc part, but stil have the same problem with interface....almost givin up of this..
by the way thanks for your attencion....regards

Could any one help me i have put a new engine into my audi it has done 54 thosand its turning over just dont fire up

If yours is a 2.5 tdi did you use the injector pump off your old engine? If not then the immobiliser will prevent the engine starting. Get the fault codes read and it will help diagnose the problem.

He says above that he put another pump on but with new edc so technically there will be no code in the edc, not sure how audis work but fords you switch the ignition on for 30 secs and then off and the main ecu codes the pump edc.

The pump needs to be coded to match the immobiliser in the car. The pin code is stored in the engine ecu. You need a super vag k+can reader to pull the code then code the new edc using the procedure on the Ross tech website and a full version of vagcom. Hope this helps. If you do a fault code read it should show that engine start is blocked by immobiliser which will confirm the problem.

Hi these are codes that have come up These are the codes and description his computer gave mate

01318 X2 control module for injection pump (j339) 37.10 faulty intermittent

00522 coolant temperature sender implausible signal (g62)

00542 needle lift sensor 30.10 open or short to b+ intermittent

P1570 engine start blocked by active immobiliser

P1570 powertrain data bus missing message from a/c controller 008 implausible signal