What have you done to your 8V today?

You are going to have to say what they are now..lol
rs5 . I want a v8.
m2 once a demo is ready I'm top of the list to borrow it.

or

an Aston v8 vantage.

I had a 135i and a 235i on demo. neither felt special or over whelming.
I tried the new mustang...it was terrible.

bmw then said why don't I try an m2 or m4 but I don't like the look of the 4 series.
I like the look of the 2 series, so I. hoping the m will have something more exciting about it, but I doubt it.

as much as I want to leave the audi scene for a while, I know I'll end up with another. I've had 5 so far.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
rs5 . I want a v8.
m2 once a demo is ready I'm top of the list to borrow it.

or

an Aston v8 vantage.

I had a 135i and a 235i on demo. neither felt special or over whelming.
I tried the new mustang...it was terrible.

bmw then said why don't I try an m2 or m4 but I don't like the look of the 4 series.
I like the look of the 2 series, so I. hoping the m will have something more exciting about it, but I doubt it.

as much as I want to leave the audi scene for a while, I know I'll end up with another. I've had 5 so far.
You know it makes sense...:yes:
Better the devil you know and all that..lol
ps Would like to know how you find the M2.....:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68
Can't be much left original on your car now Rob?
At least the paint is..........:whistle2:

He is slowly polishing that away :)

LoL I guess I enjoy tinkering too much and am slowly getting down to the really small stuff.

Car is at another level from when I bought it so really enjoying driving and being in it.

Reactions: SJ43, batch and pburv
LoL I guess I enjoy tinkering too much and am slowly getting down to the really small stuff.

Car is at another level from when I bought it so really enjoying driving and being in it.
What's a micron of clear coat for that perfect shine? Lol

On that note have you got a paint thickness gauge?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
What's a micron of clear coat for that perfect shine? Lol

On that note have you got a paint thickness gauge?

No mate they're mega bucks. Use the DA mainly to apply Rupes Diamond Ultra Fine cut/polish with no downward pressure and only one pass. Used the Rules UHS Easy Gloss pad and compound last time though given its got a Gyeon quartz coating on already and was very impressed with that.

How're you getting on with your DA Oli ?

No mate they're mega bucks. Use the DA mainly to apply Rupes Diamond Ultra Fine cut/polish with no downward pressure and only one pass. Used the Rules UHS Easy Gloss pad and compound last time though given its got a Gyeon quartz coating on already and was very impressed with that.

How're you getting on with your DA Oli ?
On my car it's done very little as the paint is near perfect but I've done lots of other cars with amazing results. This cilo was shocking, like washed with a brillo pad and after 4 hours it looked like this. That was with 3 of us and me cracking the whip. I find cleaning the car takes twice as long as 1 stage of polishing.

8324949888a625a3f1da71d45a1d8f85.jpg

938e3499f4a9a11f6a1e945fe1d3af0a.jpg

3f46d4b96ed0f532ffbcc8f30a6ec0af.jpg

3f831fafb1edaa3f691f5f46f0e7f85b.jpg

b737af3463dac0083221caaff399c45f.jpg

Still some RDS but for 1 pass I was over the moon and so was the owner

Oh and a test on a mates Van I've yet to finish

86ffc00e468808f4a651b169ab135c9f.jpg

Oh and a test on a mates Van I've yet to finish

86ffc00e468808f4a651b169ab135c9f.jpg

You'll have arms like Popeye after that one mate LoL

Clio looks stunning - well done !!

Bought it!

After looking for many months for a powerful diesel, test driving Golfs (ruined by the seats), A class merc (ruined by the interior) and the Audi A3, I couldn't decide between the Mercedes A220 AMG or an A3 tdi S-line, until a 184 Quattro popped up that I took out for a test drive.

WoW.

I'm now a very happy, new member of the Audi forum.

Reactions: Phil-1, Rob2k68, MattSedg and 1 other person
Bought it!

After looking for many months for a powerful diesel, test driving Golfs (ruined by the seats), A class merc (ruined by the interior) and the Audi A3, I couldn't decide between the Mercedes A220 AMG or an A3 tdi S-line, until a 184 Quattro popped up that I took out for a test drive.

WoW.

I'm now a very happy, new member of the Audi forum.
Welcome...but...pictures please or it did not happen :)

Currently sitting designing the B&O retrofit into my Sportback, 8 of the 14 speakers already wired into the MMI High which will be bypassed straight into the B&O amp so only 6 to worry about wiring up but it's coming together. This is going to be a carpet out job so I'm thinking I might need to take a week off work to get it all done properly. If anyone has done this send me a PM with any tips you have, they'd be most appreciated

Attachments

• 13975328_10153698232671296_9161366744427922918_o.jpg
    13975328_10153698232671296_9161366744427922918_o.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 222
It's dark..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    653.5 KB · Views: 299
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    346.6 KB · Views: 262
Currently sitting designing the B&O retrofit into my Sportback, 8 of the 14 speakers already wired into the MMI High which will be bypassed straight into the B&O amp so only 6 to worry about wiring up but it's coming together. This is going to be a carpet out job so I'm thinking I might need to take a week off work to get it all done properly. If anyone has done this send me a PM with any tips you have, they'd be most appreciated

Wow, mega project..
I have B&O and love it, but surely its easier to go aftermarket which will probably get you an even better system for the same as what your spending on B&O bits?
If you do go ahead with the B&O retrofit consider a better subwoofer as the one currently may have a big plastic housing but the woofer its self is very small '3-4 inches I think'. I'm looking at upgrading mine in the near future as its the only pitfall of B&O, which is that at motorway speeds the bass and low frequencies from the little sub is a let down and a more powerful subwoofer packing more 'punch' would fix such issue. When the car is static this isn't an issue but on the motorway its I feel it is. As an audiophile it might just be me and others might think 'what the hell is he on about?!' I agree its a fab system, but feel that with a mod well known by A5 owners as the 'B&O subwoofer mod' would work wonders on our cars too. Everyone has different opinions, thats just mine, I'm not a bass-head either :). I might be spoilt by high end systems in bigger cars lol.
Good luck with the B&O retrofit if you go ahead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68 and airbus319
All on ....
IMG 0501

Reactions: S3 Turbo, zippster and airbus319
Not strictly today but yesterday had a new key made. The A3 i bought a month or so ago only came with one so had to get a spare. Better safe than sorry! Lost key deleted from system and this one paired. £170 for the key & £71 for programming. Bit pricey but needs must! Wasnt too happy with the free wash though. Outside was fine but interior wise i swear it was cleaner when it arrived! streaks all over the speedo part where the chems weren't rubbed off. i do have a bit of OCD when it comes to a clean car so that might be partly to blame!!

I also had a quick chat with the dealer chap about Apple/Android carplay etc and he mentioned it prob woudnt be coming for older cars as it involves hardware and not just simple software update. Shame as i would love this.

Attachments

• Audi Key.jpg
    Audi Key.jpg
    818.4 KB · Views: 245
Reactions: Gordo77
Need a black dipstick now @Rob2k68! :p

I assume that's the reason you changed the washer cap? Black on black on black? lol

SJ43,

I have considered going aftermarket but I'd like to keep the car as OEM as possible with the exception of maybe illuminating the rear B&O grilles as well.
I will look into the subwoofer, I think I'll initially fit it and see but I do have an amount of deafness around 2-4khz so I may not even hear it correctly.

cheers David.

Need a black dipstick now @Rob2k68! :p

I assume that's the reason you changed the washer cap? Black on black on black? lol

Yes mate that's right ... and also about the dipstick that does stand out rather a lot now might get the black smoothrite out a bit later and see how that goes.

Reactions: azibux1
Today i went to the rwyb day at santa pod, i went up ther a few months ago and did a 12.9 stock.

But today i went with jb1 5.0 and my 1 week old milltek cat back and my best time was a 12.2

Im happy with that :whip::racer:

Attachments

• IMG_20160813_192303.jpg
    IMG_20160813_192303.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 289
Reactions: batch and Rob2k68
It's currently been nominated as a BBQ speaker..... people are impressed by the rings...but people have become more intoxicated so I have backed out and a Volvo has taken over.
Point Blur Aug132016 215409
Made it away safe and in good company :salute:

Attachments

• Point Blur_Aug132016_215346.jpg
    Point Blur_Aug132016_215346.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 210
It's currently been nominated as a BBQ speaker..... people are impressed by the rings...but people have become more intoxicated so I have backed out and a Volvo has taken over.
View attachment 99824
Made it away safe and in good company :salute:
Doesn't even have B&O, like what? Also, it's an a1 in second pic, never knew the owner by she just said "like how you parked" safety in numbers!

Yes mate that's right ... and also about the dipstick that does stand out rather a lot now might get the black smoothrite out a bit later and see how that goes.
Ha nice!

A little clean and polish after a long road trip that left it filthy!
Front
Angle
Side

Reactions: zippster, Scottyg, Bristle Hound and 7 others
Looks nice mate, don't you have to show front plates in Canada then?
Plating requirements are a provincial jurisdiction here and apparently only British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, and Ontario currently require front plates. Looks so much better without!

Reactions: Scottyg, S32B, pburv and 1 other person
Just swapped out the Denso spark plugs for NGK Racing ones .....
Your post the other day about new spark plugs had me thinking about what benefits different ones would have. And then I came across an article that referenced this from NGK themselves: https://www.ngksparkplugs.com/about...-improvement-can-i-expect-from-changing-plugs
Not intending to burst your bubble or anything but I thought it was interesting that a spark plug company themselves would say this. Apparently, the only differences are how long they will last based on their construction materials with Iridium being the longest and Copper the shortest.
"No performance gains can be had from any spark plug. Whatever the manufacturer recommends will work just fine for any car that’s more or less stock."

Your post the other day about new spark plugs had me thinking about what benefits different ones would have. And then I came across an article that referenced this from NGK themselves: https://www.ngksparkplugs.com/about...-improvement-can-i-expect-from-changing-plugs
Not intending to burst your bubble or anything but I thought it was interesting that a spark plug company themselves would say this. Apparently, the only differences are how long they will last based on their construction materials with Iridium being the longest and Copper the shortest.
"No performance gains can be had from any spark plug. Whatever the manufacturer recommends will work just fine for any car that’s more or less stock."

This is a good explanation of the spark plug heat rating, in a tuned engine a one step cooler plug is recommended over standard which in an S3 is 7 :-

http://www.ngk.com.au/spark-plugs/technical-information/heat-range-explanation

Main reason though for changing is that there were reports of my previous make of plug breaking and causing damage so it was primarily for this reason.

Reactions: pburv
Took it through a water splash (ford) - just for the hell of it!

Reactions: rvtb101, Fiddie, zippster and 2 others
Lol..You should've taken a picture WWRC styleee!
images
ps Any chance I get I would splash a Ford:whistle2:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Scottyg, batch and 1 other person
More like what have I not done today! - my garage door is broken and locked shut and I can't get in to all my stuff! The car hasn't been cleaned in nearly two weeks, not happy! Door needs ripped off and replaced, Barratt Homes need to get a shibby on, I'm starting to feel edgy.....

Reactions: pburv