What have you done to your 8V today?

Got in the car, engine on, rolled forward about half a metre and heard a horrible scraping noise... So out I get to have a look, and there's this lovely groove I've left in the pavement:

Anyway anyway... Happy Friday everybody...
Mate I'm spewing for you. That stuff brings out the other side of me, opposite to holistic.Where you want to hurt people....psychotic?:rage:
And once again I'll ask , Why is it that people dont like showing their plates online?

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
On a lighter note. Saw this on social media today that made me think... The future might well be electric!

Jungle

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Scottyg, rcnacura and 2 others
Mate I'm spewing for you. That stuff brings out the other side of me, opposite to holistic.Where you want to hurt people....psychotic?:rage:
And once again I'll ask , Why is it that people dont like showing their plates online?
Because there are scumbags who hover on sites like this who use reg numbers to 'clone' cars that they steal...I,m assuming you were not joking about the question?.....lol

Reactions: Nytro and Rob2k68
Because there are scumbags who hover on sites like this who use reg numbers to 'clone' cars that they steal...I,m assuming you were not joking about the question?.....lol
Thanks pburv. I dont really understand what you mean about cloning, and maybe best not to post details to give others ideas. But in essence I get the idea. Can lead to lots of these :angry::rage:

Reactions: pburv
When you've been behind another s3 with your number plate on it you'll understand cloning! Thankfully never got any tickets through or grief off the police

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: azibux1, Nytro, Baldyone and 4 others
Luckily nothing on the bumper, just a hole in the undertray zippy, nothing i'll notice! I think know exactly who it belongs to, and possibly why it was left under my car.. but that's a different story..

glad its not as horrendous as it looked

gimme a shout if you need a hand .. ill bring my friendly 20lb log mauler :)

#audiposse

Reactions: Max-Robbo, pburv and Rob2k68
Gave the beast a little spruce after I painted the garage floor and waiting for it to dry

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Max-Robbo, Dunedin and 9 others
That's one impressively tidy and clean garage. I need to get rid of the kids. Kids = messy garage!!

Reactions: pburv, Nytro, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Reactions: pburv, Nytro, Scottyg and 2 others
bikes hanging from the wall, and tools sat in the garden sunning themselves :):):)

i have an 8YO daughter and shes very tidy.. i think my OCD gene has transferred..

cheers guys!

Reactions: pburv, Nytro, Scottyg and 2 others
View attachment 99060 bikes hanging from the wall, and tools sat in the garden sunning themselves :):):)

i have an 8YO daughter and shes very tidy.. i think my OCD gene has transferred..

cheers guys!

Awesome work...but them trainers leave a lot to be desired....you actually wear them...lol

Reactions: Nytro, Rob2k68 and zippster
oi ! there my mountain biking shoes :):):) cheeky sod! and yes i wear them :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

As long as ye just keep for em bikes....not so bad....lol...Cheeky is just one of many middle names..l have lol

Reactions: pburv, zippster and Rob2k68
As long as ye just keep for em bikes....not so bad....lol...Cheeky is just one of many middle names..l have lol

"you guys!" :):):)

sat here grinning at your comments ...

although
IMG 1504
the bucket of G&T is probably helping..however just discovered I've run out of the cheap stuff!!

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Scottyg and 1 other person
garage back together and a quick QD to get the dusk off whilst the beast was outside :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

floor held out after 'in and out' a few times..

happy with that!!!!
IMG 1506
IMG 1507

Reactions: SW14NY'S, batch, pburv and 5 others
Got the oil change done! I've been doing them wrong all these years getting under the car on my back! Also washed and shine up the engine bay.

a1980104e657db38e1897d5a0fe06209.jpg

Reactions: zippster, pburv and Rob2k68
When you've been behind another s3 with your number plate on it you'll understand cloning! Thankfully never got any tickets through or grief off the police

Ahhh. I get it.

View attachment 99060 bikes hanging from the wall, and tools sat in the garden sunning themselves :):):)

Zippster, very slick. Dont know if I like the car more or the tool boxes :congratulatory: .. but your garage disturbs me. My workshop is the kind you have to look for stuff under other stuff. you might meltdown.
My 73yo Scottish neighbour gave me a glass of his $800 bottle scotch some weeks back. Outstanding.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and zippster

@Nytro
HAHA your garage is giving me a sick feeling already :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: OCD is a 'Feature' not a 'Fault' at least thats how i swing it with the missus..

cheers for the kind words.. ill leave you to your expensive grape juice :)

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Nytro, pburv and 1 other person
what did you put on?

Audi put on revised rear shocks :)

Was only meant to be top mounts but they put on revised shocks from the FL model.

Edit - well that's what the SA said. Certainly rides flatter on corners and more responsive. Pogoing less if not gone

Top mounts fixed the thuds and rumbling noise

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, zippster, Nytro and 1 other person
"you guys!" :):):)

sat here grinning at your comments ...

although View attachment 99070 the bucket of G&T is probably helping..however just discovered I've run out of the cheap stuff!!
I purchased a litre bottle of that rocket fuel one time from the duty free to take on holiday with me,l had one small measure mixed with tonic and lemon... I nearly choked it's deadly... Needless to say l never drank it again and it was left in fridge for someone else ie the room cleaner after we departed

Reactions: pburv, zippster, Nytro and 1 other person
garage back together and a quick QD to get the dusk off whilst the beast was outside :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

floor held out after 'in and out' a few times..

happy with that!!!!

What floor paint did you use, is it the Ronseal stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: zippster
I purchased a litre bottle of that rocket fuel one time from the duty free to take on holiday with me,l had one small measure mixed with tonic and lemon... I nearly choked it's deadly... Needless to say l never drank it again and it was left in fridge for someone else ie the room cleaner after we departed

Generous :grin:

@Nytro
HAHA your garage is giving me a sick feeling already :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: OCD is a 'Feature' not a 'Fault' at least thats how i swing it with the missus..

cheers for the kind words.. ill leave you to your expensive grape juice :)

Zippster I cleaned up my shed just for you. You may want to give me some tips but it looks very clean to me. now :whistle2:

IMG 0971
IMG 0972

Reactions: pburv, zippster, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
What floor paint did you use, is it the Ronseal stuff?

Well to be honest this has been my dielemma for months now.. From reading reviews to my friends floor I decided to plumb for this stufff and I'm very pleased I did!

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p84642?table=no

Very good coverage and as hard as nails!!

Very recommended ..

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 230
Reactions: pauly69
Looks nice!

What's the purpose of the product? Or just for looks?

Reactions: zippster
Looks nice!

What's the purpose of the product? Or just for looks?

tidied up the floor as it was getting a little scruffy and also a non slip coating as it can get a little slippery in the winter :)

Attachments

• IMG_1496.jpg
    IMG_1496.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 236
Reactions: SW14NY'S, rcnacura, Nytro and 3 others
A bit of wheels and tips TLC today :)

Reactions: Daveotto, Jassyo06, TimWills28 and 5 others
What you use on tips mate?

Well I've only had the car from new about 3 months and I keep on top of them so they rarely get very dirty. I normally wash them as I'm washing the car with my shampoo mix, then at the end I use a bit of fast glass and buff them up. However.... Today I noticed a bit of weird marring on the underside edge of them which normal cleaning wasn't moving, so I experimented and tried a little dab of AG super resin polish and hey presto the marks were gone, was well happy. And of course buffing off the polish left that lovely shine you see :)

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Got a dash cam fitted today and hard wired in. It can be handy knowing an auto electrician!

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Pook, pburv and 2 others
So these goodies just turned up from ECS Tuning, Ohio, U.S - pretty remarkable really as I only ordered them at 7.00 Wednesday evening !!!!

Billet oil filter housing, Porsche 911 coolant cap and a black washer bottle cap .....

IMG 0491

Reactions: Nytro, rasA4, airbus319 and 2 others
So these goodies just turned up from ECS Tuning, Ohio, U.S - pretty remarkable really as I only ordered them at 7.00 Wednesday evening !!!!

Billet oil filter housing, Porsche 911 coolant cap and a black washer bottle cap .....

View attachment 99628
Can't be much left original on your car now Rob?
At least the paint is..........:whistle2:

Reactions: Nytro, MattSedg and Rob2k68