Coilovers

AU11 ALS

Reaction score
Looking to fit Coilovers for road use, don't want a harsh ride and don't want it to bounce about! Ideally just want to lower by 40-50mm but still have good everyday road use comfortability! I know I'm probably asking for the impossible but any recommendations would be greatly welcomed!

I have AP coilovers on at the moment and can't fault the ride at all, they aren't crashy and probably ride as good if not better than the standard S-Line suspension, I think they would suit your all round needs.

Reactions: irowpod
but still have good everyday road use comfortability!

you must have good roads where you live

Last edited:
I have the rears wound all the way down with adjusters taken out and front still has some to go.

looks ok but really sits to high :jester:

Reactions: RS5 JON and SI-W85
Haha give me 2 more weeks and it will be 30mm lower when my new H&Rs arrive and my lower profile tyres:moa:

Reactions: RS5 JON
I am but somebody has already put there name on them, I reccomend the APs I am only changing as I want to go a bit lower.

Reactions: jamieswales
Do those BMW wheels fit straight on with no mod needed? Is BMW the same bolt pattern? Are they 3 or 5 series?

Do those BMW wheels fit straight on with no mod needed? Is BMW the same bolt pattern? Are they 3 or 5 series?
They are from the X5 and the fitment is different Audi are 5x112 BMW are 5x120 the centre bore is 66.6 on the Audi and 72.1 on the BMW so Adaptors are needed but they aren't off the shelf so had to be custom made.

Cheers but there not doing them anymore so I think I'm going to use superforma for them.

APs for price , good for comfort and precise handling but for all round performance Bilsteins coil overs are the best as apart from the stance the ride is uncompromisingly on point

Has anyone fitted spacers with Coilovers? Thinking of 12mm on rear. My idea is that wheels fill out arches etc and lower so looks tight to arch... Will 10mm be ok on the front?

Yes many people on here fit spacers with coilovers but my advise to you would be get your coils fitted then have a measure and weigh up how you want the car to sit and how far out you dare go, as its personnel preference really. I fitted 25mm spacers on the rear with 8j wheels then fitted coilovers and found out my 25mm were too much.