shiny metal rings...

cjhill

hmmmmm interesting.
Reaction score
Thanks guys....

Always a source of good ideas. Just got these and they look great.

744392982_m.jpg

I've got a set of these also. Really set off the dash pod I think.

I got mine from here.

The dash pod comes apart very easily. I used the tiniest amount of clear silicone on each of the rings rather than the supplied super glue. You can wipe it off if you make a mistake.

i got mine from them too.

Fast response. Didnt need glue as they click into place.

Very easy to fit, about 15 mins. when your taking the console out make sure you dont scratch the steering wheel cover, like i did.

Took my dials out yesterday so I could clean some dust from behind the perpex, and the two of the rings fell off! The glue had dried out, so I had to re-stick them.

Mark.

must be that there is slight varience in the size of the rings produced. Mine fitted snugly in place and did not move at all, so i didnt use glue...

now that ive said that, they will probably fall out when i hit the next bump !

its simple to fit.

First extend and lower the steering wheel to its limit.

Next remove the central lower plastic cover at the bottom of the instrument cowel (its the slightly duller rubbery feeling part), it just pulls off, straight forward.

Next undo the two screws holding the instrument cluster in, they are quite tough.

After that, pull the instrument cluster forward, there were three groups of cables at the back of mine, the cluster needs to come out left hand first (its the longest cable), undo each cable until whole cluster is free. Each cable has a lever , just push the lever down which releases the cable.

Once the cluster is out, undo the two screws holding it together and then undo the clips.

Carefully remove the front and insert the rings. You may need to glue them (be careful)

Put it back together.

Be careful not to scratch the steering column like i did when you put it back... its a tight fit.

I suppose you should disconnect the battery, but i didnt.

Have fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
its simple to fit.

First extend and lower the steering wheel to its limit.

Next remove the central lower plastic cover at the bottom of the instrument cowel (its the slightly duller rubbery feeling part), it just pulls off, straight forward.

Next undo the two screws holding the instrument cluster in, they are quite tough.

After that, pull the instrument cluster forward, there were three groups of cables at the back of mine, the cluster needs to come out left hand first (its the longest cable), undo each cable until whole cluster is free. Each cable has a lever , just push the lever down which releases the cable.

Once the cluster is out, undo the two screws holding it together and then undo the clips.

Carefully remove the front and insert the rings. You may need to glue them (be careful)

Put it back together.

Be careful not to scratch the steering column like i did when you put it back... its a tight fit.

I suppose you should disconnect the battery, but i didnt.

Have fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

they looks nice but seem a bit over priced to me? at over £30 a pop youd of spent £200 before you knew it if you wanted to do the whole interior.

The dial surrounds look fantastic though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

got some too. Fast delivery, there a bit dull so i polished them and just dropped them off for chroming.