14.0 @ 98mph 2s 60ft
Reaction score
thinking about a set for the s3....

537e4fe2edd29_1.jpg

seriously?

horrible looking imho

each to their own tho. if you like thats what matters

Reactions: S3_NDJ and Grale1
yeah i like em!-) heres a pic of em on a mk5 with coloured centre caps, same 18x8's

IMG_0584_web.jpg

155317_10100213155022558_13721389_57192236_1642670_n.jpg

Not for me either sorry fella. But like bill says. Dont buy for others do you!

bill are you the same bill who was really into r5gtt?? my mate has one with 18 grand in it and said he had heard of you in his circles?

not even on the mk5 dan? the ones on the mk4 are what im tempted with, just throw some coloured centre caps on and will look cool imo?

Too much like volvo s60 wheels

Euruss60

Probably quite a strong wheel but I think they look a little better on the donor vechicle with 4x4 off road looks.

http://www.porsche-yokohama.co.jp/bw_uploads/cayS-3366-4.jpg

Each to their own though, if you think they look good then go for it, if evrybody had the same tastes the world would be a boring place.

Karl.

bill are you the same bill who was really into r5gtt?? my mate has one with 18 grand in it and said he had heard of you in his circles?

unlikely me no.
I have been into my renault turbos many years ago tho.. before tinternet tho.. Renault 11 turbo

ah ok bill, he was adamant it was you...

well i have the dare bbs lm reps, sick of seeing them everywhere... no doubt the genuine bbs porsche cayenne wheels will be lighter and stronger, and rare as heck on a car... come with adapters too...

sooo bbs lm reps or these... hmmm i understand people saying these are ugly as im on the fence, 1 min i love em then im not so sure.

really, im loving them on the mk5 golf haha... must be me and vag-slag alone on this one then! They are the same size wheel on the mk5 and mk4, only the centre caps being different. oh well never mind, im looking at them thursday anyway!-)

thing is though you might post a picture and it not look how some think it will. Ive thought no to these things before then 180'd my opinion when ive seen a complete pic. Plus im really not brave withwheels etc. Id always pick oem style wheels. Im boring!!

Another No over here as well im afraid, they just look really cheap.

It's a no from me, so many much nicer wheels you could have.

S4 Avus wheels are one of my favourites!

I take everyone's point but I think these could look great providing ride height and stance are absolutely spot on... i.e low and WIDE! And mate, they'd be original that's for sure!

Granted the centre caps could do with a bit of an update though

Exactly... after owning the bbs reps and them being the most common alloys on a vag or bmw I think these will be refreshing... its not a done deal yet im going to try one on it and see how it looks first.

coil overs are sitting in the garage gathering dust too, I will get some top mounts soon!!!

Mate youve been trying to convince us from the start so you clearly like them. Just get them and i hope they prove us all wrong!!!!
Worst case you can paint them black!!!

Lol!-) im actually not sure if they will work on tbe s3, I really like em on the mk5 tho! And ooooh not black maybe graphite grey!

some xxr's look great on an s3 imo

Reactions: Adam P
In my opinion the only Porsche wheels i think work well on the 8l are the twists.
JoeeS3 has some nice wheels for sale which only need a little tlc which would suit your car nicely but all depends what you want as you have said you want something different.

Again I'm afraid I have to disagree... There's a mk4 round my way properly stanced out on air-ride rolling on Porsche lobster claws (as below) and it looks the absolute nuts!

Yes yes I know it's a mk4 but I think the mk4 has similar arches is a similar shape to the S3. Anyway, my point is with different rims like these I think stance is key to pulling it off.

Reactions: jojo
Again I'm afraid I have to disagree... There's a mk4 round my way properly stanced out on air-ride rolling on Porsche lobster claws (as below) and it looks the absolute nuts!

Yes yes I know it's a mk4 but I think the mk4 has similar arches is a similar shape to the S3. Anyway, my point is with different rims like these I think stance is key to pulling it off.

I considered Lobsters for my S3, never found a set for the right price though.