8l vs 8p???

S

SteveSAS

Hi guys,

I have briefly contemplated selling S3 8l for an S3 8p, anyone had one??

The reason is my lovely Nogaro blue S3 was scraped down the NS door & rear quarter causing dents & scratches. Now I was already going to get some small bubbling starting on roof rails & bottom of front wings, but now with having to sort this damage I may as well get the whole car resprayed. So should I spend at least 2k on this, then maybe remap exhaust etc or sell & spend 10k on an S3 8p?? The only colour I've seen that really pops is the solar orange but I still think I prefer the shape of the 8l really.
Opinions grateful.

Steve

8l S3 really look sant the Nogaro blue is really iconic and pretty "retro cool"

The 8p S3 doesn't really stand out from the crowd in my opinion it looks the same as a 8P A3

I would sort your noggy out and keep it.

:)

Thats a toughie,the 8L S3 is with its styling is so much better looking than the 8P S3 but its not getting anyone younger (like us all),the 8P also out the box is more power but when you start mapping the clutch will need replacing as they are made of chocolate.
I cannot say to go for either but the 2 litre is just as tuneable as the 1.8 so you have plenty of scope,I do miss my old ungrateful S3.

Reactions: k909068 and S3Alex
I've got an 8P S3.

Having said that,I've always been one to keep a car I know and like,so my advice would probably be to keep it and sort it properly,unless you have some really pressing reason to buy what will be at the lower end of the 8P market.

The pros for the 8P would be it's newer,the engine is more modern,and extracting a lot of power is quite easy,but not cheap.
On the minus side,as voorhees says,the clutch is made of chocolate and will need replacing if you do anything much to the car.

So....as you like the car,and the shape,I'd keep it and sort it.

I've had 2 8p's current one is solar orange love the the 8p for its interior greater power and it's newer obviously. But I've had 3 8l's and the looks of the body on them is still to this day one of the best looking in my eyes and you really feel that your driving the 8l, as has been said I'd stick with the 8l rather than get a low spec'd high mileage 8p. If ever I had to downgrade as such then I wouldn't hesitate to get another 8l.

Looks 8L>8P
Drive 8P>8L

All down to opinion! If my 8L wasn't in such bad condition then I would have kept it. A few guys where I live have them and every time i see them i wish I still had an 8L...

For me the 8L felt better built and felt far more solid when driving comparing it to my 8P. Yes the 8P is a nice car and it's fast now I've had a few things changed on it although that was much like the 8L before that! I simply upgraded because the S3 is a brilliant all round car and the fact that my 8L was going to start costing huge amounts to repair (clutch on its way out and brakes etc).

Saying that I have spent almost £5k in modifications to my 8P in less than a year :laugh: