Bose wire delete

Thanks for the heads up on this! I've just been out and tried this on my car and the sound is definitely different! What would you recommend as the best levels to use on the bass & treble? Not sure if it will just take time to get used to the difference but I'm struggling to get the levels just right to where I am happy, so any advice will be much appreciated.

One thing I have found when removing the pin from my retrofitted RNS-e naturally it shows a coding error when scanning with VCDS as its still configured for Bose so bear this in mind. Not sure if going in to adaptation and removing the Bose setting will 1. rectify this coding error and 2. give you the option to be able to adjust not only the bass and the treble options but also the mid range, GALA etc too. (Can't remember as its been a while!). Has anyone else re-coded theirs after removing the Bose wire?

Again any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Mine is coded for Bose but the wire is removed. Treble is full and bass is between 2 and 3 o'clock. It's on an RNSe so if you have one you will know what I mean. Not tried re coding without Bose. I might try this week and see if it makes a difference.

Reactions: Mowbray89
I've fitted a digital CD changer to my Concert head unit so removed the blue plug containing the Bose wire completely. Now the headunit changes volume on its own...it goes really loud for no reason then quietens back down after a little while.......any ideas ?????
It does it on the digital changer and the built in cd player.

Has anyone tried removing the Bose wire then recoding for 'standard sound system' (rather than leaving it set as Bose). This should offer midrange adjustment which the bose set up doesn't, and also GALA adjustment.

I've fitted a digital CD changer to my Concert head unit so removed the blue plug containing the Bose wire completely. Now the headunit changes volume on its own...it goes really loud for no reason then quietens back down after a little while.......any ideas ?????
It does it on the digital changer and the built in cd player.

Probably the GALA setting - You need to switch it off.

Has anyone tried removing the Bose wire then recoding for 'standard sound system' (rather than leaving it set as Bose). This should offer midrange adjustment which the bose set up doesn't, and also GALA adjustment.

I need to have a play with my VCDS and see what happens.
I will post up when I get chance to do it and if it makes any difference. Maybe tomorrow.

That's what we need to figure out. It may simply just switch off the BOSE amp altogether and sound like a standard Audi stereo.

I can't understand why you would fit a cd changer to a concert stereo. Surely easier to just fit a symphony 2.

Volume fluctuation are an issue with retrofitted RNSe which is well documented on here but unsure of your setup. Have you tried plugging the BOSE wire back in and see if it returns to normal ?

Its a digital CD changer...sits in the glovebox and runs off an SD card. (yatour brand)
I fancied it because i can get 594 music tracks on it.
I retried it with the normal plugs etc. back in and it seems fine and normal.

Whats the difference between the Symphony 2 and the Concert i have in my car then ??

Symphony 2 is a 6cd changer which sits in the dash where the concert stereo is. I had one in my old a3 and you can fit 60 albums across 6 CDs.

Not really conversant with ya tour but don't see why you have to unplug the BOSE wire to use it. The ya tour should just plug into the socket for a cd changer like the iPod connector wire does.

The Yatour plugs into the blue connector on the quadlock connections on back of headunit
Had to unplug the blue one to plug the yatour connector in

What a difference it makes!!!!! I'm finally getting out of my Bose system what I expected to get in the first place. It's made such a difference that I can't actually have the sub level up full anymore, I've had to turn it to about 60% (too much rattle from the doors otherwise!!).

Also...

Does anyone know where I can buy a new pin block (?) and pin?? The Bose pin was stuck in and wouldn't come out, after about 20 mins of trying I ended up wiggling it a bit too much and the pin snapped off inside the block. Oops! (I've removed pins before... I wasn't being daft and did press the release in before pulling but it kept getting caught on something and would only come about halfway out).

So yeah, if anyone knows where I can buy these and/or has a part number I'd be grateful :) it works fine with the wire removed but knowing it's technically broken is just annoying me so I want to fix it. Thanks!