loss of power and mpg ?

boytrigg

Reaction score
ive been having a slight issue with my 2002 a4 1.9 tdi quattro 3 weeks ago i had the timing belt and waterpump done car was running brilliant pulling like f**k every gear no lack of power what so ever and absolutely brillant on fuel getting just over 600 miles to a tank now the car seems to be only doing 450 or even less to a tank and has no way near the power it used to i just dont understand i serviced it aswell and hasent made a difference its been remapped to 170 but now it feels just like a 130 any ideas its really bugging me i do a lot of miles each week and would like the old fuel economy back lol the temp gauge sits bang on the 90 all the time aswell

Winter weather kills mpg, if you can elaborate more on loss of power we may be able to help, could be a good idea getting vag-com on it too.

Cheers guys I've got the vag com cable but only got vcds lite so I think il buy the full version for the weekend the loss of power is just like there's no torqe or pull it dosent feel flat it just dosent feel like what it used to the turbo is working fine you can hear it just dosent pull like it used to if that's any use lol

Have a look in VCDS engine measuring blocks for torsion value & the temp the ECU is getting from the CTS (coolant temp sensor). Temp gauge can't be taken as an indication of the ECU getting the correct temp as the CTS has 2 seperate outputs. i.e. 1 to the gauge & the other to the ECU.

BTW. If you register your VCDS Lite & 3rd party cable with Ross Tech ($99) it opens up most of the VCDS modules fully.

Reactions: boytrigg
The lite version will allow you to see the measuring block you are interested in.
As for the actual value I found anything around 0 +- 1 was good . If you do have to adjust it the smallest of movements makes a good difference.

Karl.

Ah, i wasn't sure what the lite version allowed you to see as I registered mine straight away after downloading it.