Loss of power

joinerman

Reaction score
04 reg 1.9 tdi quattro
while driving off of the ind est where i work this morning there are a couple of speed bumps but you can take them at about 10mph, between the two the car gave a stutter/hicup & repeated it after the second bump, when i got out onto the main road the car was flat hardly any go in it at all, no lights on the dash, anyway after less than a quarter of a mile there's a long hill which i went down so no throttle needed, got to the bottom turned left & she flew again & has been fine since.

Hmm I know this isn't the most informative answer but it sounds like something's loose to me, my first port of call would be boost pipes but you can usually hear when they've loosened and would surely not go back into place... turbo, airbox and exhaust tightness are definitely good things to give a once over then theirs things like the EGR and cat which 1.9tdi's could really do without to be fair.

Reactions: mattyboyc
I have noticed a difference since removing the cat, I removed the EGR a good while ago.

Update
Had it on diagnostics this evening, one fault showed up, electronic engine mounting, faults been cleared & got to see if it does it again, have to say it's absolutely flying again.