Fuel Dripping from Loba HPFP!

MxGaza33

Reaction score
Well after having trouble fitting my PCV revamp kit (see other thread) I got it all finished and was about to start the car to test it when I noticed a strong smell of fuel. Looked back under the bonnet and seen fuel leaking from a connection on the HPFP! It's not a small amount either, it's was a drip every few seconds.

I seemed to start leaking when I opened the car door, does it prime the fuel pump when the door is opened as it knows your about to start it?

I've highlighted a picture of the connection it's leaking from:

I'm extremely concerned about driving it now, is it possible to remove this connection safely myself to investigate? Due to the high pressure involved I'd like to be certain before I attempt anything, or even if it's safe to do myself.

You've clearly got a loose fitting there.

It may be possible to simply torque it down with a spanner,if you're brave enough,but failing that,a journey back to whoever fitted it is in order.

Have you checked that brass fitting for tightness? Did you maybe put some force on this fitting when installing your PCV? I actually unplugged my fuel pump when I installed my PCV as it definitely gets in the way.

Just seems a bit suspicious you are having problems with your fuel pump after installing your PCV revamp when both are so close to each other. Check all the fittings for tightness on the fuel pump, hopefully something has just came loose.

Reactions: Paul-RS6
Looks like you probably damaged the sensor when fiddling with your pcv.
It has a little o-ring on but chances are you'll need a sensor.
Can't drive it like that mate.

When fitting the Revo blanking plate that part of the fuel pump does get in the way. but it looks like it may just be loose. The fuel pump normally does prime when the door opens.

I kept well clear whilst installing the PCV plate, I noticed fuel around that area a few weeks ago but there wasn't much and I couldn't be sure where it had came from so I cleaned it off to see if it returned. Just coincidence that I happened to open the door and look back under the bonnet today that I caught it dripping.

I'll check if its loose, it was fitted at GNJ motorsport I believe which is quite the drive away!

Jesus I managed to give it about an 1/8 of a turn with my fingers! Probably should have checked if it was tight before I posted, sorry. Just got a bit panicked when I seen all the fuel!

Just backed off the connection and the green o ring in the picture is in pieces, will need to try and find a replacement.

Last edited:
I don't think mine has that o-ring?
From memory mine has a little blue one on the end of the sensor and just on a taper?

It probably won't be as visible as in that picture, the piece you can see there had split off and was sticking out. Don't ask me why it looks a different colour in the picture below, rubbish phone camera. Under a year old too, so I'll be ordering a spare one If I can find somewhere that stocks them!

No wonder it wasn't sealing properly.

You've been lucky to find that before it caught fire.

Good luck and well done!