Loba HPFP for 2.0 TSI engines

downtothebone

Reaction score
I have a 2011 2.0 TFSI (CCZA) engine and was looking into changing the HPFP for a Loba version. The Loba part (advised by Loba) is http://www.loba-motorsport.com/shop/vw/scirocco/2.0-tsi-/419/loba-2.0-tsi-/-tfsi-upgrade-hpfp as the engine is actually the TSI version.

My tuner advises that the TSI engine has far better fuel management than the TFSI engine and really doesn't need a higher rated HPFP - essentially spend my cash on something else. I'm currently running Stage 2. Any views?

Thx.

Last edited:
It's usually a specific requirement for Stg2+

If your tuner feels he can get away without it then he would need to log the car under load to ensure the existing HPFP doesn't lean out in the midrange.

Personally I wouldn't chance it.

Tuner is right, the TSI runs much higher rail pressure, and std fuel system can do 400 bhp :)

Rick
Is that the HPFP and LPFP on that Rick?

And out of interest what is the rail pressure compared to the TFSi?

Does the HPFP have a higher max flow than the equivalent TFSI pump?

Happy to learn.

I wonder how many TSi owners have bought pumps without this knowledge.....

Happy to learn.

I wonder how many TSi owners have bought pumps without this knowledge.....

I'm guessing they would only be Loba parts since the APR TFSI part has different mountings and the Autotech TFSI internals are different. Interestingly on pretty much every supplier site I've only seen the TFSI part for all three manufacturers. Its only on the actual Loba shop site that I saw the TSI pump.

I suppose an interesting question would be could you fit a modified TSI pump to a TFSI engine and not have to buy an uprated aftermarket version ...

I'm guessing they would only be Loba parts since the APR TFSI part has different mountings and the Autotech TFSI internals are different. Interestingly on pretty much every supplier site I've only seen the TFSI part for all three manufacturers. Its only on the actual Loba shop site that I saw the TSI pump.

That's what got me in the first place.

and yes...the point about the TSi pump would be an interesting one for a lot of people,especially those thinking about 400bhp ish hybrids.

More importantly what is Stage 2+ on a TSI CCZA (not sure which other TSI engines apply) - is an uprated HPFP no longer needed?

More importantly what is Stage 2+ on a TSI CCZA (not sure which other TSI engines apply) - is an uprated HPFP no longer needed?

That'd be one for Rick I think!

Wouldn't have thought there was a stage 2+ for tsi engines, either stage 2 or just straight to 3 with a ko4 upgrade.

So, in theory could you fit a hpfp off a tsi engine car and that would be the equivalent to a hpfp upgrade to the tfsi engine?

If so which car comes this hpfp!?