Fitting S3 front bumper help !

Greenwood

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i bought an S3 front bumper a while back and i have just got it back from having it sprayed, besides needing to buy an S3 grill for it im ready to put it onto my 2.0TDI a3.

Am i right in saying that i need to cut part of my crash bar to allow the bumper to fit ?

Cheers Alex

What year is your A3 and what year is the S3 bumper you've purchased?

Yes you need to round the bottom end of the crash bar off I've just fitted one to mine. If its an 03-08 plate one.

Yes mate its the 03-08 one, do you have any pictures at all of how you did it ? i think i read that you need to cut it 2cm high and 20cm long on each bottom corner ?

also did you have to buy the s3 grill ?

Good good, will fit fine then. Just need to trim the crash bar as said.

You will need an S3 sized grille as the S3 grille is slightly smaller than a standard A3 one I believe.

Good good, will fit fine then. Just need to trim the crash bar as said.

You will need an S3 sized grille as the S3 grille is slightly smaller than a standard A3 one I believe.

Thanks for the help mate, do you know where i need to trim the crash bar at all ?

Yes mate its the 03-08 one, do you have any pictures at all of how you did it ? i think i read that you need to cut it 2cm high and 20cm long on each bottom corner ?

also did you have to buy the s3 grill ?

I will post done on here when I get in from work later and I need to get a new one because mine is missing the chrome bit.
I just got the grinder out and just took a little bit at a time off until it fitted correct.

Reactions: Greenwood
Thanks for the help mate, do you know where i need to trim the crash bar at all ?

It's not something I'm familiar with mate. Do a search as it's been discussed in numerous threads.

Reactions: Greenwood
From that
7d0h.jpg

To that
wwq3.jpg

I may have taken more off and I took some plastic off of the bumper above the fog light as well.

lwoj.jpg

If you can see that.

Reactions: warren_S5