Interior light package

Yeh, certainly shows you the advantage of ordering certain things at the start! That's an insane amount of money compared to the original cost - includes labour though I guess!

Reactions: 5pot
You'd think that would be standard really.

May be, but in the UK we actually do quite well out of Audi. The basic price for a 2.0TDI-184 Sportback S-Line s-tronic quattro in Germany would be the equivalent of £32,870 (£29,410 in UK assuming the current rate of €1.15 to the £). The Interior Light Package is an option in Germany as are most things on a German A3 and the ILP costs £182 whereas in the UK, on a S-Line, it costs £170. So we do quite well really.

German cars have always had a lot of options available but always at extra cost. Audi UK do add quite a few items as standard which are still options in Germany, mainly to meet the demands of the company car market that likes a car to have quite a bit of kit but a single price without having to pay for options. It's possible that Audi UK could have added the ILP as standard but it would mean the price would have increased accordingly or something else that is standard would have to become an option. They have to aim the cars at a price point in the market.

Reactions: JT-007
On the Mk7 Golf GTi Forums, they are moaning that you don't get a washer fluid low level warning, unless you specify the Winter Pack ;)

And we think we're hard done by lol

Yes, we could have lots of options as "standard" in the UK, but you will pay for it, one way or another!

On the Mk7 Golf GTi Forums, they are moaning that you don't get a washer fluid low level warning, unless you specify the Winter Pack ;)

And we think we're hard done by lol

Yes, we could have lots of options as "standard" in the UK, but you will pay for it, one way or another!

Better in many ways to have the choice so that we can decide exactly which options we want on our particular car. At least we only pay for what we want.

The people who suffer are those who think they are getting a good deal by buying a used-car where someone else has decided the spec, and then realising that there are a lot of 'nice goodies' to be had but that will cost a lot of money to retro-fit. That's why I stopped buying a used car very many years ago.

I love being able to pick the bits that make the car feel like mine and will be useful.

I feel so sorry for those company car drivers in their boggo a4/a5/a6 models where they'll never know just how truley amazing some of the options are - night vision & matrix led anyone?

Reactions: cemerson
Using the exchange rate is not quite the right way to compare the prices. It is more down to the differences in disposable income and local taxes..

Using the exchange rate is not quite the right way to compare the prices. It is more down to the differences in disposable income and local taxes..

I know but do that would get very complicated. The main point I was try to make that in the UK we get a lot more options as standard compared with buying the same car in Germany and if you just keep adding more and more as standard the price will just go up and it will take away some of the element of choice to decide what we want as individuals.

That's why I stopped buying a used car very many years ago.

I stopped buying used cars because it's a minefield! The amount which I looked at which were either damaged, clearly had not cared for or had obviously been involved in an accident (front wing removed, etc) was unbelievable. I would never buy a used car now, unless it was one which I didn't really care about and was used as a 'car' and not my pride and joy.