just got remap stage 1 revo running lean hpfp or cam follower

s3tommy

Reaction score
basically just had my car mapped by craig at gotboost in bridgend and he logged the car and found the hpfp is under perfoming. i was wondering could this just be worn cam follower or would a new upgrade hpfp be needed? i would have thought it would have been ok on stage 1?

Easiest thing is check the fuel filter and follower, then go from there...

Reactions: warren_S5
The std hpfp always under performs in the mid-range, even at stg1! Can you log what the map is requesting on the fuel rail.

What error code was actually logged?

dont think the fuel filter has ever been changed might aswell whilst im there i suppose also cam follower is a cheap part so perhaps try those first

ye the mapper did print the logs for me i dont have them to hand at the moment but it was considerably under he said the tolenence was about 5 and mine was 40 under what it should be. no actual error code thrown up

What does it go like?
I had my S3 Revo stage 1 a few weeks ago and it goes well.
Sometimes I don't think the revs pull as hard above 5000rpm so I may log my fuel pressure.
Do you know what boost,.timing,fuel settings your running?
There's other posts on the net showing exactly the same thing on an S3 Revo stage 1 and a hpfp was needed to fix it.

Last edited:
What does it go like?
I had my S3 Revo stage 1 a few weeks ago and it goes well.
Sometimes I don't think the revs pull as hard above 5000rpm so I may log my fuel pressure.
Do you know what boost,.timing,fuel settings your running?
There's other posts on the net showing exactly the same thing on an S3 Revo stage 1 and a hpfp was needed to fix it.

ye sometimes it really does feel flat tbh especially in 3rd upwards, its not slow but defo feels quicker othertimes.
i think on WOT in higher gears its the most noticable.
i think mine is on boost 7 cant remember wat timing it was on tbh
ye i have also read similiar and may just bite the bullet and get a loba hpfp

Agree with Marshy, get car checked for what settings (Boost / Timing / Fuelling) it's is running as this can significantly affect performance. I'd expected boost to be max of 8, timing to be no more than 6, and fuel to be somewhere between 6 and 9.

Agree with Marshy, get car checked for what settings (Boost / Timing / Fuelling) it's is running as this can significantly affect performance. I'd expected boost to be max of 8, timing to be no more than 6, and fuel to be somewhere between 6 and 9.

i believe its on boost 7 timing 5 and fueling 9

ive just taken the plunge and bought a loba pump for £579 from gnj i guess im most of the way for stage 2+ now then lol when in rome...

ive just taken the plunge and bought a loba pump for £579 from gnj i guess im most of the way for stage 2+ now then lol when in rome...

Is the right answer! Nice one.

After logging mine I've increased timing to 6 which makes a difference.
Looking forward to your opinion once the pumps fitted.
Maybe my next purchase.

After logging mine I've increased timing to 6 which makes a difference.
Looking forward to your opinion once the pumps fitted.
Maybe my next purchase.

ye will let u know mate think it should make a good bit of difference to have consistent fuel rail pressure mines on 90k as it is on an 07 plate so lookin forward to a fresh hpfp, also almost at stage 2+ just need exaust and most prob a clutch

Did your pump come?
I've just ordered a Loba pump for mine and bought an intake too!
My pump should be here Tuesday or wedensday but I was curious how yours went.

Did your pump come?
I've just ordered a Loba pump for mine and bought an intake too!
My pump should be here Tuesday or wedensday but I was curious how yours went.

Still waiting on mine mate :( gagging to get it on tbh.i got a neuspeed intake on to pretty much will have the same mods lol

I spoke to Revo today who recommended running a fuel setting of 7 or 8 on stage 1 so looking forward to any difference.

I spoke to Revo today who recommended running a fuel setting of 7 or 8 on stage 1 so looking forward to any difference.

Ok cool, might aswell just chuck an exhaust on and go stage 2+ Unleash that extra torque! Lol

Ok cool, might aswell just chuck an exhaust on and go stage 2+ Unleash that extra torque! Lol

budget £1600 for a new clutch & dmf when you do ;-)

Mine only lasted 5k miles!

Wats a dmf?

dualmassflywheel-vi.jpg

Right just fitted my hpfp got it today finally wasnt to bad tbh took about 45 mins with a few slight issues but car is running cam follower was also in good condition to be far but i replaced it anyway of course, havent taken it for a drive yet but it does run so thats a gd start and theres no leaks at the moment

Mine came today mate.
Gonna fit it tomorrow as been away today buying the wife another car.
I opened it and sampled some of the mints though!
Pump looked nice though.

Mine came today mate.
Gonna fit it tomorrow as been away today buying the wife another car.
I opened it and sampled some of the mints though!
Pump looked nice though.

Get it on bud lol
U got mints? Lol
Il let u know later howi get on

Yeah mate 2 packs of tic tac things in a Loba holder.
Also a little Gel mat thing with Loba on it, very nice

Yeah mate 2 packs of tic tac things in a Loba holder.
Also a little Gel mat thing with Loba on it, very nice

guna check my box later i think i was to excited about the pump and didnt look at anything else. all seems well defo seems to be stronger through the rev range havent given it a p[roper pasting yet but my butt dyno defo feels an improvement generally. also no leaks currently il double check again later though. but to me has definately benifitted the way it drives and due to the og pump being around 7 years old im sure i could have done with a replacement anyway

I've fitted mine this morning and adjusted my Revo settings.
Just waiting on the vans moving that's blocking my driveway.
Getting new windows and doors fitted at home so I best be patient!!!!!

Reactions: s5joe
I've fitted mine this morning and adjusted my Revo settings.
Just waiting on the vans moving that's blocking my driveway.
Getting new windows and doors fitted at home so I best be patient!!!!!

How did u adjust them do u have sps controller? Wouldn't mind adjusting mine to shame u live so far :(

Yeah have sps keep an eye out you can get them for about £50-£60
If I see any I'll let you know.
I should get out in it about 4pm at this rate.
Waiting on my intake coming too.

Well been out and there's a very noticeable difference.
The little hesitation around 3000rpm is gone and the revs pull very quickly from 5000rpm to limiter. This is where it slowed before.
Only done about 10 miles running boost 7 timing 6 fuel 7 and it's extremely satisfying.
I can only imagine its going to pull better when I get my intake.

I bought my pump from here
http://samtechperformance.co.uk/presta/index.php?id_product=193&controller=product

Excellent service as usual ordered late Friday night and here yesterday.

The little hesitation around 3000rpm is gone and the revs pull very quickly from 5000rpm to limiter. This is where it slowed before.
Only done about 10 miles running boost 7 timing 6 fuel 7 and it's extremely satisfying.

LOBA VAG 2.0 TFSI Upgrade High Pressure Fuel Pump - My Store

Gd to hear mate feels like it should have done from day one tbh woukdnt mind fiddling with the boost and timing now though, are those sps controllers easy to use?

Sps is easy to use as you download the software from Revo and connect using a cable from eBay that cost £2
It's knowing what to adjust safely though.
Boost is up to you so your ok there.
Revo said on stage 1 fuel setting 7 or 8 with a pump I'm running 7
It's the timing that you need to check mine was setup on 5 but after logging I've found 6 is safe and where the power is.

Revo say with the new software it has a fail safe built in so you shouldn't be able to do any damage.
You can read your car settings with the sps so if your timing was 5 you could play with your boost and fuel fairly safely.

changed my battery the other day and lost my revo :-( settings heading back up to got boost today to get this sorted also can adjust for the new fuel pump though :)

Well my cars running boost 7 timing 6 fuel 7 and is fantastic.
So I'd say yours should be fuel 7 as Revo told me this and my tuner.
Boost its up to you but I've tried 6,7,8 and find 6 is very progressive but 7 is a great compromise.
As for timing if your running v-power or tesco 99 then it'll probably be a 5 or a 6
Let us know how you get on mate.

LOBA VAG 2.0 TFSI Upgrade High Pressure Fuel Pump - My Store

Will be needing one of these myself soon. Ouch thats expensive! I do like the fact that its a complete unit however, rather than having to replace the internals like cheaper solutions.

Reactions: S3Alex
Will be needing one of these myself soon. Ouch thats expensive! I do like the fact that its a complete unit however, rather than having to replace the internals like cheaper solutions.

ye its a nice bit of kit defo worth it tbh

Well my cars running boost 7 timing 6 fuel 7 and is fantastic.
So I'd say yours should be fuel 7 as Revo told me this and my tuner.
Boost its up to you but I've tried 6,7,8 and find 6 is very progressive but 7 is a great compromise.
As for timing if your running v-power or tesco 99 then it'll probably be a 5 or a 6
Let us know how you get on mate.

sorry mate just seen ur post, ye im excited now lol ye im sure craig will know what to do and he'll log the car accordingly, boost 8 does tempt me lol

ye looking to get timing on 6 as i always run 99 anyway