A3 1999 AJQ 180bhp help, no compression

squizzle

Reaction score
Hi all, picked up my non running A3 1.8t quattro yesterday, dropped sump today, oil pickup pipe blocked to buggery, cleaned and reffitted but no start and no compression, cambelt turning and sounds like when the engine turns it has no compression. oil full but oil warning light comes on when turning over (long story but the previous owner was driving down the motorway and the oil pressure light came on so she pulled over and stopped the car, checked the oil then went to restart and it just turned over and did not start), i dont mind if it needs another engine but was wondering if the oil pressure was low or non existant and the previous owner kept turning it over and over whether there was oil in the tappets? have oil pump on order and vag com so i can check computer but was wondering if it possible to fit new pump and get oil to tappets so they will work and that will cure the compression failure? will check compression tomorrow and have new oil level sensor for the sump to put on. have done some research and there is a possibility the top end has siezed and snapped the key that holds tha cam in place so has anyone got any advice?
thanks in advance....

cam siezed causing contact between valves and pistons i'd have thought. Although the events that led up to it have possibly been exagerated and the issue has shown itself before this occasion but got ignored sadly as it's unlikely a flash of light and a subsequent shut down caused it to sieze solid.

Pleas can you also use some paragraphs as it made your post difficult to read and follow, cheers

Wiil do, I am new to this typing and internet stuff! will check compression tomorrow and see, failing that i have time on my hands so can take head off and check. thanks for the input.