Eliminator Hybrid fitted, Mapping Q,s

s3dave

TFSI Hybrid
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.stainless-engineering.co.uk
Fitted my Hybrid eliminator from Dan, the car has a custom map on from my Hybrid, will the mapping be way off? it is booked in for mapping again, just wondered as the delivery and boost seem very linear..boosting to about 18 psi,, is a total new custom map requiered?

Hybrid eliminator? Is this his new one?

Characteristics will be different... actuator and boost control will be different and ultimately fuelling top end...

It will be a 'new' map arguably... have you had anything changed mapping wise since fitting the inlet mani etc? hardware changes effect the engines efficiencies quite a bit... maybe more timing, fuel needs dialling in (still narrow band?)

I assume its going to niki's?

<tuffty/>

Send it to me so I can inspect it. I promise I wont send you back my k03s.....

Characteristics will be different... actuator and boost control will be different and ultimately fuelling top end...

It will be a 'new' map arguably... have you had anything changed mapping wise since fitting the inlet mani etc? hardware changes effect the engines efficiencies quite a bit... maybe more timing, fuel needs dialling in (still narrow band?)

I assume its going to niki's?

<tuffty/>
Hard ware changes:
V3 mani ported
WMI
turbo
large plenum Inlet mani
Still narrow band and have this to go on, PLX DM-6 Multi Gauge with Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Module SM-EGT | eBay

300 BHP + whatever extra Dan did, elims suck over current hyrbid technology. Hybrids nowadays are larger than the elims. The elim was a good way to get a bigger direct fit turbo back in the day.

What did dan do to it?

I wonder if he can do A4 Elims?

Yeah booked in to Nicks on the 13th, Mr B is just to far..

There is no such thing as too far to see mr b. I'm travelling over 260mile to get mine mapped by bill and on the 13th too.

I'm sure niki will do a good job though.

300 BHP + whatever extra Dan did, elims suck over current hyrbid technology. Hybrids nowadays are larger than the elims. The elim was a good way to get a bigger direct fit turbo back in the day.

What did dan do to it?

just fitted a rebuilt gt28 in to it.. Was a bit of a job as of course it wasn't a direct fit ! This is fitted to a ported v3 manifold so will be interesting to see how it gets on.. I rebuilt the turbo and got the adaptor made up. Dave has done a lot of the finer detail to get it fitted and running to be fair.. We've always said if it don't work well we'd go back to a proper hybrid so nothing lost at the end of the day and we've still got the gt28 turbine housing so can always put it back together if needed a well

Reactions: Broken Byzan

What did dan do to it?

Just an eliminator hotside with 28 internals, should be interesting...

Pretty sure it was a roller bearing turbo, hence the issue over the bearing housing not fitting straight off, but the turbine wheel was identical so guessing a gt28r..

they were available as 2871
I mapped an LCR last year (I think) on 2871 Eliminator K-04 version on Relentless etc etc etc
335-340bhp from memory from 1.6-1.8bar

*memory fades*

I think this is the same turbo re-cycled on yours Dave

No mate it was just a one Off,, you are on about the 8p ko4 wheel i presume?

Yeah prob Dave, there's so many hybrids that I have no idea now. I'm only going hybrid now for a year or so so I want the most powerfull one poss lol a so as soon as he's done his testing and its all gone well (fingers crossed) I will be throwing money at him for one as I would like one asap so I can get the car back together...saying that my second f'ing v3 still hasn't turned up yet so I'm getting a bit annoyed about that now.....

second V3? what happened to the first one?

I sent it back as it was one of the first ones where part of it got in the way of putting the down pipe on or nut to the top bolt of the turbo, still waiting for the other to arrive, it should have been here ages ago so it could have gone missing, just waiting to hear back from Sam.

I have just put a recent V3 on and there is still an issue clearing the DP on the top bolt, i ended up using a grinded down allan bolt, and the turbo flange is not square to the engine causing the turbo to have a bad twist to the gearbox end, probably why my PIPWERX DP is fowling the steering rack...:shrug:

Convert to wideband Dave. You'll have vvt too. It's very very easy.

I have just put a recent V3 on and there is still an issue clearing the DP on the top bolt, i ended up using a grinded down allan bolt, and the turbo flange is not square to the engine causing the turbo to have a bad twist to the gearbox end, probably why my PIPWERX DP is fowling the steering rack...:shrug:

Good ole Relentless Inconsistency at play..
seems we have an oriental CR episode at play... :(