Can anyone tell me what this does?

jay1

Reaction score
Found this pipe and noticed a hissing sound since I have owned the car I have thought the clutch was slipping it has never got any worse but was definitely slipping the hose in question had a split in it so I put the larger peice with the 2 jubilee clips on and it sealed it up nice took it up the road and now my clutch does not appear to slip at all ??? In the 2nd pic it's the small pipe thanks

0CE647E7-D495-4A71-BA30-305DA7F52B89-7302-0000048E7DF3CF6F.jpg

E16396E7-FDD1-473F-AA41-EDB5398D3669-7302-0000048E86266AFE.jpg

Servo vacuum pipe... rather important that its in a good state...

<tuffty/>

No, It would make the brakes weaker than normal if it was leaking..

And now my cruise control works too!! How could that little pipe affect so much!

As slydog said, airleaks are a pita on petrol cars! Do all sorts of funny stuff. I dont think the clutch is vacuum assisted though like the breaks, more likely a loss of power making it feel like clutch slip through the leak.

As slydog said, airleaks are a pita on petrol cars! Do all sorts of funny stuff. I dont think the clutch is vacuum assisted though like the breaks, more likely a loss of power making it feel like clutch slip through the leak.
That could well be it I have owned the car for 6 months and always known it like that it's like having a new car now the thing is rapid!!!

In 6 months when the new found horses are tame, a remap will give you another 6 months 'rapidness' lol.

Yeah but then where does it end! £££££££££!!!!!! Lol