Anybody know where I can purchase an alarm horn? Part number?

monster_munch

Reaction score
My 2004 A3 TDI threw up a fault code on my scanner recently:

01134 - Alarm Horn (H12) - static - no define

Tonight I locked the car with the key fob, then unlocked the drivers door with the key and opened it. The indicators flashed but no alarm horn. I am guessing it needs a new alarm horn.

I have done a search on here and people have sorted theirs out before, so I think I can probably do the job myself.

However, short of some used items on ebay, I cant find any new alarm horns when doing a google search.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers.

I had the same problem not that long ago and I wish you luck.

As far as I can remember Audi were about £100 and TPS £75 for a new alarm siren unit.

eBay is your friend in this case you will get your part number from the VCDS scan and just search worldwide as you will find a new/good used one that way, that's what I done I ended up getting mine from a breaker in the homeland.

Its also a pita to get to & swap, in drivers wheel arch iirc & the fixing is a security type, which when fitted is snapped of to prevent tea leaves unplugging it easily, so would need to cut of & fit new security fixing.

they aint loud anyway

Its also a pita to get to & swap, in drivers wheel arch iirc & the fixing is a security type, which when fitted is snapped of to prevent tea leaves unplugging it easily, so would need to cut of & fit new security fixing.

You are 100% right a major pita job. It's not a hard job to do but very time consuming. I just done mine not that long ago and I would not wish to do it again any time soon.

I read in the Haynes manual that the security box is rivetted in place? Isnt it just a case of access the box through the wheel arch, drill the rivets out, then re-rivet the box on with a new alarm horn in?
Or is it a job best left to the garage?
Shariain, did you take any pictures when you did yours?

I read in the Haynes manual that the security box is rivetted in place? Isnt it just a case of access the box through the wheel arch, drill the rivets out, then re-rivet the box on with a new alarm horn in?
Or is it a job best left to the garage?
Shariain, did you take any pictures when you did yours?

You are right with the method in the repair basically accessing the alarm horn via drivers wheel arch by taking the wheel off then taking the inner wheel arch cover out that has to be the biggest pita getting it out then clean all the muc from behind it makes it easier to refit. Once you have the inner arch cover off if you look up the arch towards the indicator on the wing you will see a box that has 1 rivet holding it in place I just manipulated the box out of position to get to the alarm horn as i didnt have a rivet gun handy for the refit, the alarm horn is held on to the box by a bolt on the back iirc plug and play new alarm unit then refit. As I said its not a hard job (I managed it) but is very time consuming. I think the only pictures I took we're of the broken alarm horn once I was finished.

Edit add URL

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showpost.php?p=1695995

Last edited: