Upgrading the rear lights A3 8P to MY09 or MY11

Stev_A3

Reaction score
Hi, im thinking about upgrading the rear lights (brilliant black A3 3 DOOR) to either the MY09 or MY11 style, is it straight forward swap or does anything need coding after? Will my Autolights still work for the rear with the change?

Thanks

Straight swap and no coding mate. And yes your auto lights will still function.
Go for the MY11 as I think they look better suited to black being darker tint. But that is just my thought, sure others will say the other, lol.

I bought what I thought was 2009 rears, so called from a 2010 car, they turned out to be 2011 lights, straight swap, i'm metallic black, the darker ones IMO look better than standard

go for it, you could be fortunate to get a bargain ;)

Thanks for confirming this guys, im torn between the two on black and have checked out the threads on the site and still cant decide!

I do prefer the MY09 lights but im not sure if I dare to go for the MY11 lights these are the pictures ive found:

I took this the other day:
MY 09:
20121229_150625.jpg

Blackmy093.jpg

Blackmy092.jpg

Blackmy09.jpg

MY11
AudiMY11.jpg

AudiMY113.jpg

Audimy1104.jpg

Which lights look better on black? HELP lol Thanks

Personally I'd stay with the MY09s on black, gives a better definition of the cluster without seeming to just fade in. I'll be going for MY11s on mine - akoya silver - simply because I have the tints which will match and the darker edges against the silver will again highlight the shape of the clusters :)

Hi, and hello! I am new to this site......I will make a separate thread about my car but how much are the MY11 lights? I have the standard ones as my S3 is 2007. :) cheers

Hi, and hello! I am new to this site......I will make a separate thread about my car but how much are the MY11 lights? I have the standard ones as my S3 is 2007. :) cheers
The price varies mate Audi quoted me £210, but in the end I got them from Tps with a trade discount so was much cheaper. Should be round the 200 ish mark unless you know anyone with a trade account with Tps

Wheres TPS mate? Where in NorthWest are you? I may know somebody in trade. Will see! Will have to see how much I can get for my old lights :)

Oh- I know TPS :) Just need item numbers if anybody can help, then I can ring and see how much discount I can get etc

Ok cool cheers, if anybody can supply part numbers that would be excellent. TPS is only round the corner from me

deffo MY11 and I also got them from TPS. Look sweet on darker cars

Hey Sarah - Happy New Year !

It's now 18:30 in UK and your post was three hours ago i.e half-past three UK afternoon.

Half past three in UK is is 23.30 your time so it's time for bed !!! You'd better not answer this as it's 02:30 your time (or should be ! )

Hope you're all well and enjoying the record temperatures. We have not enjoyed the record rainfall !

Sorry to thread hijack for a minute !

Ooh those MY11's look good on a black car. They might have just gone on my mods list. Go for MY11's mate. If you really don't like them once they're on, I'll part ex you my MY09's for them.

Cheeky? Me? Nah!
:)

Last edited:
MY11 all the way.

Might find some cheaper on German ebay. Search for "Audi A3 Ruckeuchte"

There are some decent prices on MY 09.

Couple of links anyway:

ORIGINAL Heckleuchten Rückleuchten Audi A3 S3 (8P) 3-trg kirschrot abgedunkelt | eBay

NEU Original Rückleuchten Tuning Audi dunkel A3 8P 3Türer Facelift Leuchten OVP | eBay

....or are they MY11's they look pretty dark to me. I dont know.

Cheers! Thing with German lights is that the reverse lights are on opposite side due to being left hand drive.

My car is grey so dark lights should suit...

Now to sell my 2007 ones :)

Really want some MY11 for my sliver A3 has anyone got a part code or recommend the best place to look cheers in advance

Really want some MY11 for my sliver A3 has anyone got a part code or recommend the best place to look cheers in advance

Get in touch with NHN, he's a member on this forum.

Hey guys. I have a MY08 A3 8p hatchback. I am having issues with my brake light on the O/S being intermittently faulty. I believe doing the reasearch that its a common problem.
Rather than fanny about with it I thought i'd just replace it. I have the old lights on mine and would like to replace them with a newer look.
I've spoken to Audi and Eurocarparts and both are saying that the 2009 and 2011 lights are a different fitment. Are they just clueless? I wanted to double check they will definately fit before I go and buy the newer style ones.

This is the style of lights I currently have - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/Audi_A3_rear_20071004.jpg

And these are the ones I would like to buy - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A3-8...ts=Car+Make:Audi|Model:A3&hash=item5d4f536227

Any input would be much appreciated.

Rory

Y
Hey guys. I have a MY08 A3 8p hatchback. I am having issues with my brake light on the O/S being intermittently faulty. I believe doing the reasearch that its a common problem.
Rather than fanny about with it I thought i'd just replace it. I have the old lights on mine and would like to replace them with a newer look.
I've spoken to Audi and Eurocarparts and both are saying that the 2009 and 2011 lights are a different fitment. Are they just clueless? I wanted to double check they will definately fit before I go and buy the newer style ones.

This is the style of lights I currently have - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/Audi_A3_rear_20071004.jpg

And these are the ones I would like to buy - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A3-8P1-MARELLI-MAERELLI-Drivers-Side-Rear-Lamp-Light-Cluster-Inc-Bulb-Hold-/400762823207?fits=Car+Make:Audi|Model:A3&hash=item5d4f536227

Any input would be much appreciated.

Rory

Both MY09 and MY11 will fit as they are identical apart from MY11 being darker than MY09 rear lamps.

Thanks for the reply SAiLO. Any idea why Audi say they wont fit?

Thanks for the reply SAiLO. Any idea why Audi say they wont fit?
Not sure why they would say that.
There are many members on here who replaced the rear lights including myself.

Cheers for the advice. Glad i listened to it. Looks so much better!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    781.6 KB · Views: 720
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    819.1 KB · Views: 1,658
Resurrecting an old thread rather than starting a whole new one...

Would the MY11 lights definitely fit on my MY06 Sportback?

And (if so) do the MY09 and MY11 lights have different part numbers?