My s3 is acting like a front wheel drive car?

ron burgandy

Reaction score
I have a auto 2010 s3 and just recently it's been acting like a front wheel drive car.
when I set of from the lights with a bit of speed, nothing to hard, the front wheels
spin like mad! I don't remember it aalways being like this.
it has a stage 1 remap for about a year now.
and it seems to do it in wet or dry conditions with the traction on and off.

does this sound normal and what could be causing it?

What are your tyre depths like?

Have you had it into Audi for a fault code scan?

I thought it was my tyres so replaced them with Michelin ps3 all round and it still does it no difference it's very strange.
no not had it in for a fault scan code

Sounds like the haldex is not working correctly. Think you need to get the car scanned for fault codes.

I snapped my rear diff in Oct while launching it 2 hard with the Haldex Controller set to Race mode.
It did the same, plenty front wheel spin with no error codes. Costly excercise. Hope you don't have the same problem.
After that, the diff started to humm a little, but not much.

Cheers mate, you learn something every day ! Do they have a choice of 2 litre and 3.2 (petrol obviously ! )

No, the S3 was always the 2.0T 265bhp K04 Turbo engine. The 3.2 V6 was just that, badged a 3.2 but they were all Quattro.

I snapped my rear diff in Oct while launching it 2 hard with the Haldex Controller set to Race mode.
It did the same, plenty front wheel spin with no error codes. Costly excercise. Hope you don't have the same problem.
After that, the diff started to humm a little, but not much.

its still under warranty so shouldn't cost me anything. It going in to Audi on Friday so will find out then
ps how do you set the haldex to race mode?

its still under warranty so shouldn't cost me anything. It going in to Audi on Friday so will find out then
ps how do you set the haldex to race mode?

You need the aftermarket Haldex controller for this.

Costs about £800.