K04-015 eBay

Terry221984

Reaction score
Hi first post on here so be gentle I recently got a b6 1.8tq went ahead and had a revo stage one map which is just what the car needed over stock flat performance but I don't like how fast the boost decays over 4500 I've been researching and found that the rare k04-015 will provide boost to the redline but they are obviously hens teeth rare so was wondering if anyone here has tried a cheaper aftermarket one like those found on the bay with any success or failure any help greatly appreciated

id go OEM over the copys
from what iv seen there crap.

Agreed, I've heard some horror stories of exploding made in China turbos. BEWARE!!!

Don't buy the cheap ones - I have seen first hand the damage these can cause, a lad on seatcupra.net had the turbo spit internals into the intake.

Are you from North wales by any chance? - Was talking to a lad last night about a K04.

Pm ollyquattro re his turbo. I built him a k04-015 which he's currently running.

Anything else needed to fit one of these turbos ? I'm after abit more power on my 1.8t a4

Nope, direct bolt. But to get the most out of it you'd need an fmic, exhaust, remap and tip but it will go straight on and with an existing map will give better performance.

Cheers for all the replays maybe steer well clear of the cheapies then cheers beachbuggy ill give him a pm

isnt it just a ko3 with ko4 comp wheel?

K03s with a k04 turbine.. You can run the k03 with the k04 comp but it makes boost quicker but runs out of puff, where as with the k04 turbine it makes boost but holds it longer along the rpm... Your better off with a heavy a4 to make boost and hold it rather than all out power... Ideally a full k04 would be better.

guessing with a full k04 your gonna need a whole lot more stuff under the hood aswell

sorry to hijack the thread :salute:

A full k04 yes you are looking at a lot if work, but k04 internals can be fitted into a k03s turbo but a k04 compressor housing is needed. You then just need a different tip but everything else is bolt up. Obviously bigger injectors, fmic and maf are needed to get the most out of it.

A full k04 yes you are looking at a lot if work, but k04 internals can be fitted into a k03s turbo but a k04 compressor housing is needed. You then just need a different tip but everything else is bolt up. Obviously bigger injectors, fmic and maf are needed to get the most out of it.

Is this something you could do?

Hello guy's
I know this thread is a couple of months old but I hope you can help

....sorry for making my first post in here...
Beachbuggy....I have a genuine Borg warner k04-015 turbo...

It is knackered due to oil starvation....but looking at it has no carbon build up at all...in fact it was brand new from aet turbos just 3 months ago ...so everything should be good to work on ...could you please let me know how much you would charge for a new cartridge (CHRA) and fitting for it mate ...thanks

Yogi

When I say fitting I mean supply and fit the cartridge to the housing...not the turbo to the car ...lol

Last edited: