2006 A3 HID housing question

A3333333

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just got my 2006 A3 (Canadian build with sport package) with the very dim halogen lights. I want something with a projector bulb plus HID and I saw the below housing online. Has anyone has experience with this? I am planning on going with 6000k plus the cancellor.

06-08 Audi A3 R8 Style LED DRL Projector Headlights + HID Kit - Black

Couple of questions:

1) How much fitting will be needed? I am getting very mixed responses from plug and play to everything about harnesses and VAG com tuning. Obviously hoping its plug and play. Also hearing horror stories of flickering lights and blown wiper motors :(

2) How does the HID and LEDs look? I am looking for a stock look, so nothing tacky and cheap looking.

3) Is this something that I can do myself in the garage with normal around the house tools? I am aware that I would need to remove the front bumper in order to install the headlamps.

My apologies on the many questions, especially my first post, but they won't take returns so I don't want to find out that they don't work for my car or anything like that.

Thanks everyone!

Not sure why you have posted the same questions on two different threads but in future please try not to duplicate.

The short answer to your question is that only OEM can be guaranteed to work properly without faults and various other bits are required (in UK) to make them legal.

You will also need someone with VCDS to code the control module.

Edit : Update - duplicate post subsequently deleted - thank you

Last edited:
My apologies, I thought the first post didn't go through so I reposted.

Don't bother with the HIDs my friend. Will more like cause you more trouble then its worth.

Save the pennies, do the proper job. Get the OEM Xenons with LED, modules, harnesses, auto-levelling and washers! So much better!! Might take a few months to save but its oh so worth it :p

Reactions: audicruiser